Question about Navigation on '03 Acura TL Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Navigation on '03 Acura TL Type-S

How are you doing? This is Uk who wants to purchase a '03 Acura TL Type-S with Navigation. Can you help me?

I wonder navigation on '03 TL Type-S does tell me what to do like 'making left turn at 0.3mile ahead' with its voice. Does this model have function of helping me while driving with its own voice? I think driving with voice aid and driving without seeing map is the reason to buy a navigation equiped model.

I just visited a dealershop to buy a used '03 TL Type-S with Navigation/Onstar. But a salesperson told me that Navigation system of this model doesn't tell me how to get to a place with its own voice. It is so weird. If it can't let me know the direction with its voice, I can't understand that why it is called navigation system. She told me that I can just refer to the point where I stands on the map posted on its LCD panel and I have to refer to the direction with my eyes. I think the purpose of navigation system is helping a driver focus on only driving without seeing map or LCD screen. I think there was some misunderstanding between her and me. Can you let me know if it is true? Thank you.

UK, North Carolina
Old 01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

i have heard of aftermarket Navi systems that talk, but they are prolly really expensive............i want to say the newer mercedes SL65 has a voice navi....... otherwise wait for a stop sign and just check your lcd screen some people play ps2 while driving or worse
Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am a little confused by this thread. The NAVI in my '99 (replaced with DVD model) has voice directions. I have a hard time believing that an '03 doesn't.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by uhuh1
How are you doing? This is Uk who wants to purchase a '03 Acura TL Type-S with Navigation. Can you help me?

I wonder navigation on '03 TL Type-S does tell me what to do like 'making left turn at 0.3mile ahead' with its voice. Does this model have function of helping me while driving with its own voice? I think driving with voice aid and driving without seeing map is the reason to buy a navigation equiped model.

I just visited a dealershop to buy a used '03 TL Type-S with Navigation/Onstar. But a salesperson told me that Navigation system of this model doesn't tell me how to get to a place with its own voice. It is so weird. If it can't let me know the direction with its voice, I can't understand that why it is called navigation system. She told me that I can just refer to the point where I stands on the map posted on its LCD panel and I have to refer to the direction with my eyes. I think the purpose of navigation system is helping a driver focus on only driving without seeing map or LCD screen. I think there was some misunderstanding between her and me. Can you let me know if it is true? Thank you.

UK, North Carolina
I think there was a misunderstanding...they nav in the 03 will give you voice commands on where to go like the example you used above. Once you program where you want to go you shouldn't have to look at the screen again unless you want to. The confusion may have been that the 3rd gen (2004-2006) are voice activated. That means that you can push a button on your steering wheel and say "home" and as long as you have pre-programmed where home is on your nav it will automatically route you home. Hope that clears it up for you.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:37 AM
5th Gear

Thank you for all of your replies. I appreciated that. And is there anyone else who have any other idea?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Thank you for all of your replies. I appreciated that. And is there anyone else who have any other idea?
Idea about what...I think that your question was answered. Do you have any other questions about the Nav?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put the crack pipe down and re-read this thread.

The '03 TLS NAVI system gives voice directions.
The '03 TLS NAVI system does not accept voice commands.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by MikePA
Put the crack pipe down and re-read this thread.

The '03 TLS NAVI system gives voice directions.
The '03 TLS NAVI system does not accept voice commands.
Doesn't get any simpler than that...thanks for summing it up. Should be crystal clear now.