I/H/E/P + spacer is it all worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I/H/E/P + spacer is it all worth it?

I/H/E are what i consider safe mods (mods that won't in anyway shorten the life expectancy of various car components)
-although there is torque lost due to the addition of larger intakes and exhausts.

Not so sure about pulley Will underdrive damage electrical components ie air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps?

slamming will effect SAI, Included Angle, Scrub Radius, Toe Out On Turns, etc., and there are no kits to correct these unlike camber.

i won't touch turbo sc nox

I would like to hear your opinion. Please contribute to this thread and help make it better.
ps i did a thread search nothing similar turned up if there is post a link
thx a bunch.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Intermediate

Why not stick with what you mentioned, comptech or a ws2 exhaust system, cai, headers, seems like physically those are the kind of mods you're leaning towards. Not much else to do at that point unless you're going to go real big with an SC(I see you've already said no.)

Slamming? not necessary unless you want to be slammed, meaning you have other options. Tein SS coilovers are going to give you the best results from what I've read, though they are pricy so you could also go with a lowering spring/shock setup as well.

I too want to keep the life of the car at its fullest but that's what I would go with performance/suspension wise.. Don't know if this will help but good luck with your mods!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
All the way to redline

If you are looking for some good gains, the first thing to is headers hands down. The intake makes the car sound mean while in vtec plus more air. (I'm sure you know all this but anyhow) I can't speak against nor for the exhausts and/or pulley. It's just a matter of what you want from the car. From what I have looked at there isn't much of a gain in the exhaust system, other then the sound. On my last car I had an exhaust system and sometimes I would wish I wouldn't have got it. But it does give it a nicer look. Good luck man and mod it to your liking.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
None of what you mentioned will hurt the car. do a search on the forum using the search button for more results
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Low and Slow

If you are looking for fairly priced modification, and not much time or money invested in them with minimal gains then those mods are indeed your best bet. I have right now intake and headers, new exhaust on the way and spacers ready to be installed. All of that has cost me right under 1k because I spent 700 on the exhaust. So you will have minial gains and not too much money into the car.

As far as suspension and the pullies go, I'm not an expert in that area so I'll leave it to some one else. Good luck.