Help installing Oil Pressure Gauge??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help installing Oil Pressure Gauge??

Hey guys.

I just ordered some autometer C2 Oil Pressure and Trans Temp Gauges. I was wondering where is the Stock Oil Pressure sensor on the block of the J32? I know on the B-series 4 cyl its on the rear of the block next to the oil filter but on the V6 its totally different. So i was wondering were is the Oil Pressure sensor that is used by the computer to trigger if the pressure is low at?? i dont have a manual so im not sure. im not sure where else to tap into the block to get the pressure signal to the sending unit.

The Trans Temp gauge im going to get it from the hose on top of the trans. i remember a guy did a tranny cooler install and said you can tap the lines off of that one pipe on the top of the tranny near the jet kit. so im just going to get a brass block and barb ends and cut into that rubber hose to get the temp since im not sure where else to probe the temp sensor.

if you guys have installed these gauges before on the J32 can you guys let me know where you installed it at. the wiring ive done before just that im so use to 4cyl and not V6 motors. so any info or advice would be awsome. if worse come to worse there is a oil pan drain bolt that has a tapped hole into it by greddy and i can use a fitting and run a stainless braided line to the oil pressure sending unit. the problem is i just changed by oil and i dont want to drain the oil again and refill. so if i could find that stock oil pressure sensor that would be sweet and ill just tap off of that one with a brass fitting.

thanks for the help guys.

j