full comptech cat back system

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
full comptech cat back system

What`s up guys? Sorta new to the forum and I have finally decide to go full pledge power. I need to know where I can get a full cat back exhaust starting with the comptech headers all the way down to the axleback`s which I already have. Can I get these parts individually? I was thinking about taking it to the muffler shop to see if they could make some 2.5 inch or 3 inch size pipes for me. I was going to get the headers and downpipe together then get the high flow cat converter and install them first then go to the muffler shop and have them make the pipes so that I have no problems with state inspection next year. Please provide some needy and useful feedback. thank you.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Maximum HP you can take out from an Exhaust system is 3. Headers and Downpipe is the Best option and give you about 20hp. Just look for an exhaust depending on what type of sound you want to hear from your car.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Comptech Exhaust

Should I go to a muffler shop and have them make the pipes after I install the Comptech headers, downpipe and high flow cat back and just have the muffler shop bend the remaining pipes? I already have the comptech axleback mufflers.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking to get a full cat back system plus headers for my ride. My mechanic advised me not too. He said it's not a race car, it's a luxury sports car so just enjoy it for what it is. I kinda get where he's coming from. He's said for all of that just invest in a decent sports car. He does all of that kinda work on his car and other cust cars, bcuz he does engine swaps and builds his own tubings for turbo installs and etc. So I took his advise and just added a Comptech CAI and I'm good.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Instructor

I am going to go to the custom muffler shop and see if they could install a cat back from the back of the cat. converter staright to my comptech axlebacks. What do you guys think in terms of sound and added power? I think it will be way cheaper to have the custom work done rather than buying a bolt on kit.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

if you want power get the headers with comptech's you will see a 25 hp gain in some areas (mainly the higher rpms)