DC Sports Header leak 2 bolt fix???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DC Sports Header leak 2 bolt fix???

Well I have been back and forth with DC Sports over the last 2 days about what can be done to get my leak fixed. In the end they want me to take the headers off, overnight the headers to them, they will inspect them. If they find anything wrong they will either replace them or repair them, or send them back to me if they don't find anything. Oh by the way, all at my cost, shipping too. Thats BS. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new set, although I just had an idea......

Since my 1 year warranty is up anyway and after this point it won't matter what I do to them. What other than removing the headers would be a downfall of welding the flanges together??? You definitely wouldn't have a leak then!! Give me you opinions on this, please.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Still having issues? I knew i didnt like that 2 bolt flange. Have you tried liquid gasket yet? I definitely wouldnt have them welded together, it may cause bigger issues down the road. I think for all the costs in shipping it wouldnt be worth it. I may be more inclined to tell them its their fault that they didnt design it better with a 3 bolt.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Still having issues? I knew i didnt like that 2 bolt flange. Have you tried liquid gasket yet? I definitely wouldnt have them welded together, it may cause bigger issues down the road. I think for all the costs in shipping it wouldnt be worth it. I may be more inclined to tell them its their fault that they didnt design it better with a 3 bolt.
I believe I am having an issue again, haven't had much time to get it up on stands to see for sure, but I wanted to see what DC would do for me. The guy I talked to fully admitted that this is a known issue, but can not sway on their warranty procedures. As I told him it would end up being cheaper to just buy a new set. Oh, and yes I more than once told them that if they wouldn't have been so cheap from the start and used the 3 bolt design they wouldn't have as many issues as they are. Obviously no response to that. I even told them that they are losing customers to XSP headers that are $150 and have a 3 bolt flange, didn't like hearing that, and started knocking them, oh well. I am going to work on them a little more and see what they will do. I thought I had them when I told them about how we had to move the rear mount to get the header in, but that turned into a dead end as well. I'm taking my car to a mechanic friend to machine my rotors, and i will have him see what he can do for this issue. If not it may be I will be switching headers.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that you still have the leak. I did fix mine with tougher gaskets plus liquid gasket.
I just cannot get rid of the resonance between 1800-2000 rpm on the DC headers. It started to drive my wife crazy. I am now thinking of spending $150 for the XSP headers.

Good luck with DC.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
I believe I am having an issue again, haven't had much time to get it up on stands to see for sure, but I wanted to see what DC would do for me. The guy I talked to fully admitted that this is a known issue, but can not sway on their warranty procedures. As I told him it would end up being cheaper to just buy a new set. Oh, and yes I more than once told them that if they wouldn't have been so cheap from the start and used the 3 bolt design they wouldn't have as many issues as they are. Obviously no response to that. I even told them that they are losing customers to XSP headers that are $150 and have a 3 bolt flange, didn't like hearing that, and started knocking them, oh well. I am going to work on them a little more and see what they will do. I thought I had them when I told them about how we had to move the rear mount to get the header in, but that turned into a dead end as well. I'm taking my car to a mechanic friend to machine my rotors, and i will have him see what he can do for this issue. If not it may be I will be switching headers.
Humm. That sucks. Keep us informed of any results.

So far ive been really happy with the XS headers. Ive got a lil over 20k on them now and they have been great. Especially for the price!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:18 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Humm. That sucks. Keep us informed of any results.

So far ive been really happy with the XS headers. Ive got a lil over 20k on them now and they have been great. Especially for the price!

No resonance??? If not I will most likely go that route and that may be $150 well spent.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
No resonance??? If not I will most likely go that route and that may be $150 well spent.
None.