Completely Debadged or Leave "A"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Completely Debadged or Leave "A"?

I currently debadged my entire trunk. I bought an Acura emblem, the A, and im deciding whether or not to leave the trunk the way it is or put the A centered in the back, because Acura is a nice car brand. I also have smoked tail lights.[IMG][/IMG] Opinions?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
MechEng

Received 486 Likes on 403 Posts
put the A back on. or else it looks stupid with the 2 holes where the badge used to be.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spoiler900
I currently debadged my entire trunk. I bought an Acura emblem, the A, and im deciding whether or not to leave the trunk the way it is or put the A centered in the back, because Acura is a nice car brand. I also have smoked tail lights.[IMG][/IMG] Opinions?
Put a honda sign on. Thats really what makes that car anyway, i never look at it like acura! cause its just a market scam to compete with lexus
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Put the "A" back on.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 AM
.:dedicated:.

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
Put the "A" back on.
+1 it looks a little too empty
Old 06-04-2010, 07:22 AM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
Put the "A" back on.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I have had some involuntary debadging occur - my '3.2TL' has come off. However, my 'type-S' is still intact. I was thinking of leaving that part, buffing the residue from the 3.2TL, and removing 'ACURA'. That would just leave the Acura 'A' symbol and 'type-S'. Thoughts on that???
Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
ViLLAIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a inspire or saber grill ... and get the H on back
Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kriz2fer
Put a honda sign on. Thats really what makes that car anyway, i never look at it like acura! cause its just a market scam to compete with lexus
Acura is to Honda as Lexus is to Toyota.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

...as Infiniti is to Nissan, as Cadillac is to Chevy, as Lincoln is to Ford. They aren't scams, they are just different product lines from the same manufacturer. You end up paying for nicer trim, and more standard features that might only be options in the lower product lines. Performance is usually better as well, although that may be debatable. Will a G35 beat a Maxima? Will a TL beat an Accord? How about a Corvette vs. a DeVille? Doh!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by mobybasher
get a inspire or saber grill ... and get the H on back
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
I dont want honda, i dont have saber grill...I think ill put the A back on.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Keep it flush!

How do I remove the "A" to freakin' wax underneath it.. Inside the "A" is dirttty as hell..
Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdjohn84
...as Infiniti is to Nissan, as Cadillac is to Chevy, as Lincoln is to Ford. They aren't scams, they are just different product lines from the same manufacturer. You end up paying for nicer trim, and more standard features that might only be options in the lower product lines. Performance is usually better as well, although that may be debatable. Will a G35 beat a Maxima? Will a TL beat an Accord? How about a Corvette vs. a DeVille? Doh!
is acura a seprate line made for luxury????

Is the honda legend different than the acura RL? no its the same ass car with the same navi tech package as the RL. Whats the difference? the acura sign in the front.

Is the acura TSX different then the honda accord sold world wide? nope same navi same leather all optione etc...

Is the acura RSX different than the honda integra??nope exact same car...

Is the acura nsx different than the honda nsx??? nope same car different badge...

so does honda make a seprate lux line of cars called acura??? or does honda just pick and choose which cars will be acuras and which cars will be hondas for the north american market and slap a different badge on the front???

the same can be said with lexus and so on...there all toyotas with a different emblem in north america not lux cars made for a different line in america.

Now with the tl, in japan did not sell well so they just dropped in from there honda line and sold in in north america and now the tls are all made in the us.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:27 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

Is the honda legend different than the acura RL? no its the same ass car with the same navi tech package as the RL. Whats the difference? the acura sign in the front.

Is the acura TSX different then the honda accord sold world wide? nope same navi same leather all optione etc...

Is the acura nsx different than the honda nsx??? nope same car different badge...

so does honda make a seprate lux line of cars called acura??? or does honda just pick and choose which cars will be acuras and which cars will be hondas for the north american market and slap a different badge on the front???

the same can be said with lexus and so on...there all toyotas with a different emblem in north america not lux cars made for a different line in america.

Now with the tl, in japan did not sell well so they just dropped in from there honda line and sold in in north america and now the tls are all made in the us.
i respectfully disagree. you are comparing the wrong things. we are talking about honda in america and nothing about JDM. forget japan even exists right now.....

the TL is the luxury version of the accord

the integra/rsx is a luxury version of the civic

therefore you have leather seats and V6 alloy wheels and sunroof STANDARD on the TL whereas all those are OPTIONS on the accord

yes they make JDM versions of the TL in japanland, but those are honda saber/inspires yes the same thing, but we don't have the honda inspire therefore we have to compare to accord. get it?

and the TL has ALWAYS been made in marysville ohio, not just since JDMland dropped the saber/inspire
Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

I see you stuck it to the man and bought...an Acura.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by assclown
i respectfully disagree. you are comparing the wrong things. we are talking about honda in america and nothing about JDM. forget japan even exists right now.....

the TL is the luxury version of the accord

the integra/rsx is a luxury version of the civic

therefore you have leather seats and V6 alloy wheels and sunroof STANDARD on the TL whereas all those are OPTIONS on the accord

yes they make JDM versions of the TL in japanland, but those are honda saber/inspires yes the same thing, but we don't have the honda inspire therefore we have to compare to accord. get it?

and the TL has ALWAYS been made in marysville ohio, not just since JDMland dropped the saber/inspire
yeah the accord and tl are close to the same car...but the accord is its own car and the tl is its own car and the honda integra is its own car they all have there spot in the honda line-up. Honda makes a lot of cars they just took a few in there line-up and switched the badge and sold them as acuras didnt change a damm thing. So back in the 80s it was just honda then toyota came out with lexus so honda took a few cars they had nsx,legend,integra and the tl and said ok well make these acuras in the us.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdjohn84
I see you stuck it to the man and bought...an Acura.
I love hondas...i have owned about ten, dont matter if its acura or honda too me its all the same. I have also stayed in japan for a few months and saw all these cars lexus, acura, infinity and saw how they were all the same cars but with a different badge. Then i had a different view on the japan auto market.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

My point is: you make it sound like buying an Acrua is a waste of money...just buy a Honda. Yet you yourself bought an Acura.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM
slow tl..

too much black!!!!! Looks way to plain!! Either, H or A needs to go back on
Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Definitely put the A back on. Maybe a black chrome one would look nice...
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Pro

i actually kinda like the competely debadged look. what would really compliment the backend well is a cleared spoiler light. i know that volly used to have one up for sale, his was custom made with red LEDs
Old 06-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks bad or too empty really with it. Put "A" back on.

Also kriz2fer, you're a joke if you don't think Acura is not Honda's luxury line.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Souljah
Looks bad or too empty really with it. Put "A" back on.

Also kriz2fer, you're a joke if you don't think Acura is not Honda's luxury line.
Your crazy i never once said that acuras not hondas luxury line..lol

I just think its funny when people say they dont want a honda sign cause honda sucks and acuras better when all over the entire world theres no such thing as acura. When most of the acuras were intended to be hondas but changed over JUST for the us.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Racer

I found a honda emblem that fits in the same holes on the trunk of my 2G TL, but where can I found a round-ish honda emblem for the front that would fit in my grill? Do I need a sabre or inspire grill? Sorry if Im not JDM enough but I think they are kind of ugly.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:06 PM
slow tl..

Originally Posted by notbrant
I found a honda emblem that fits in the same holes on the trunk of my 2G TL, but where can I found a round-ish honda emblem for the front that would fit in my grill? Do I need a sabre or inspire grill? Sorry if Im not JDM enough but I think they are kind of ugly.

get the inspire grill. same exact thing, just the H emblem on it.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Intermediate

i have my entire trunk debadged on mine, i just welded the two holes in and did a little body work to it and it looks nice, to my opinion
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
5th Gear

i debadged my 03 and left the (A) mine was silver though, i think black chrome would set it off
Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 AM
.....88mph

yeah the accord and tl are close to the same car...but the accord is its own car and the tl is its own car and the honda integra is its own car they all have there spot in the honda line-up. Honda makes a lot of cars they just took a few in there line-up and switched the badge and sold them as acuras didnt change a damm thing. So back in the 80s it was just honda then toyota came out with lexus so honda took a few cars they had nsx,legend,integra and the tl and said ok well make these acuras in the us.
Honda was the first! Toyota and nissan jumped on board years after acuras success in the 86. and if it werent for the G35 in 2003, infiniti would have gone bankrupt, and be long forgotten!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Captain Morgan ))

i like the smoked tail lights..
and put that A back on : )
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Instructor

i took the 3.2 off my trunk and left the type-s with the honda H, i like it.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Cruisin'

Until you get the grill (inspire or saber), it would look better to just keep the "A" on it. If you do end up getting your grill, THEN you can change it to putting an "H" on it. It looks too blank having nothing on the back with a black car IMHO.