combining aftermarket stereo equipment with bose sound system???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006 | 11:44 PM
5th Gear

combining aftermarket stereo equipment with bose sound system???

question on adding aftermarket stereo equip with original bose system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my old car was recently totaled, so i upgraded to a 2003 white acura TL-S. i also am adding the OEM underbody kit, which im pumped about. anyways...

from my old car i have a sirius radio receiver (not the kind that goes in a dash, the kind that actually receives the signal), a nice 4 way amp, and a very good pioneer 12" subwoofer. i am wondering what problems if any i might run into when adding these to the bose sound system that comes with the car.

for example, in adding sirius, does the bose system have another input available for the sirius signal? i see only 4 imputs, am, fm, tape, and cd. i do not see any auxiliry choices there....

also, does anyone know what type of problems i might run into when adding a subwoofer, powered by an amp?

any and all responses appreciated. thanks. nick
Old 07-02-2006 | 01:00 PM
1st Gear

Sorry, but...

I have been trying the same thing with my '03 TL-s. The outlook is grim. There is an input for a changer (I am told) but none of the shops or big stores around here can do anything with it. I am looking to hook up my iPod to it and the best sound i can get right now is from a tape adapter. I tried the new Harmon iPod adapter that plugs into the antenna port in the back and it sounds like crap. I was then told by one of the installers that Bose systems do not like anything pluged into that. It sounded worse than the tape adapter. I hope someone here can help us.
I was also told that trying to change any of the speakers was a bad idea. I think that Bose systems are an all or none thing. I have already had to change one out of my old Jeep.
Old 07-02-2006 | 07:58 PM
5th Gear

what about simply connecting the wire that powers the bose center subwoofer and putting it to pioneer 12" (or maybe through an amp, which i already own). this must be an improvement over the reg bose system right?

lemme know
Old 07-02-2006 | 08:07 PM
5th Gear

also

what about a sirius signal receiver (not the in dash type, but the kind that actually receives the signal and relays it to the in dash receiver). is there any way to hook this up to the bose system?

lemme konw
Old 07-02-2006 | 08:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 2ndamendfprlife
I have been trying the same thing with my '03 TL-s. The outlook is grim. There is an input for a changer (I am told) but none of the shops or big stores around here can do anything with it. I am looking to hook up my iPod to it and the best sound i can get right now is from a tape adapter. I tried the new Harmon iPod adapter that plugs into the antenna port in the back and it sounds like crap. I was then told by one of the installers that Bose systems do not like anything pluged into that. It sounded worse than the tape adapter. I hope someone here can help us.
I was also told that trying to change any of the speakers was a bad idea. I think that Bose systems are an all or none thing. I have already had to change one out of my old Jeep.

Here this should Help Blitzesafe w/ iPod connect.

Originally Posted by njm800
also

what about a sirius signal receiver (not the in dash type, but the kind that actually receives the signal and relays it to the in dash receiver). is there any way to hook this up to the bose system?

lemme konw
I'm not sure ,but I hope this help you out.
Blitzsafe w/ Xm