BAD Black Flame Custom Headlights Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We absolutely agree that the headlight setup shown here is damaged, no doubt about that. As stated we apologize for the damage -- regardless of the fact that it happened during shipping.

Also as stated, the issues and items in question could have been addressed had there been any further communication.

The new setup received from Lightwerkz does contain a completely different set of projectors -- which was not noted by the OP. They have a different mounting style and a completely different fitment than the ones used by us. The housings utilized were also OEM, which have a slightly different seal than the housings utilized by us.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and issue that arose. We were 100% willing to make all the needed repairs/fixes/replacements -- you were simply unwilling to communicate or get them sent them in for the needed work.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B.F.C.
We absolutely agree that the headlight setup shown here is damaged, no doubt about that. As stated we apologize for the damage -- regardless of the fact that it happened during shipping.

Also as stated, the issues and items in question could have been addressed had there been any further communication.

The new setup received from Lightwerkz does contain a completely different set of projectors -- which was not noted by the OP. They have a different mounting style and a completely different fitment than the ones used by us. The housings utilized were also OEM, which have a slightly different seal than the housings utilized by us.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and issue that arose. We were 100% willing to make all the needed repairs/fixes/replacements -- you were simply unwilling to communicate or get them sent them in for the needed work.
My reason for not sending them back for repairs/fixes/replacements is because the quality to begin with was absolutely horrendous. Why would I choose to keep poor quality headlights? Even more, why would I choose to trust your company to improve the quality a second time, if you were so negligent to produce good quality to begin with? As for claiming the shipping was at fault for the damage..if you were a company that focused more on customer satisfaction and not the dollars that flowed in your pockets, then you would have taken necessary precautions, such as bubble wrap protection, to prevent any "damage".

Had I known that there was black tape around these headlights I would have not bought them. The pictures on your site that I looked at and your final pictures that you sent me were very misleading, they were clean and free of black tape until I opened the box and saw the headlights with black tape and residue around them with a letter saying that they were "normal". I would like you to make things right and just refund me. Here are the final pictures that you sent to me via email before shipping:

Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Futastic
My reason for not sending them back for repairs/fixes/replacements is because the quality to begin with was absolutely horrendous. Why would I choose to keep poor quality headlights? Even more, why would I choose to trust your company to improve the quality a second time, if you were so negligent to produce good quality to begin with? As for claiming the shipping was at fault for the damage..if you were a company that focused more on customer satisfaction and not the dollars that flowed in your pockets, then you would have taken necessary precautions, such as bubble wrap protection, to prevent any "damage".

Had I known that there was black tape around these headlights I would have not bought them. The pictures on your site that I looked at and your final pictures that you sent me were very misleading, they were clean and free of black tape until I opened the box and saw the headlights with black tape and residue around them with a letter saying that they were "normal". I would like you to make things right and just refund me. Here are the final pictures that you sent to me via email before shipping:
Once again as stated, our company is not negligent nor do we cut corners. If certain aspects were not to your liking, we would have taken care of any issues.

The lights were damaged during shipping. It does happen with shipping carriers and this is the reason we put insurance on the boxes.

We are absolutely a company that cares about our customers and not simply the "dollars that flow into our pockets" as you put it. If this were the case we would not have offered to pay for return shipping (both ways) and repair/replace/warranty the issues at hand. We've stated that and it still holds true, as do all of our previous statements.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by B.F.C.
Once again as stated, our company is not negligent nor do we cut corners. If certain aspects were not to your liking, we would have taken care of any issues.

The lights were damaged during shipping. It does happen with shipping carriers and this is the reason we put insurance on the boxes.

We are absolutely a company that cares about our customers and not simply the "dollars that flow into our pockets" as you put it. If this were the case we would not have offered to pay for return shipping (both ways) and repair/replace/warranty the issues at hand. We've stated that and it still holds true, as do all of our previous statements.
You don't cut corners instead you just throw electrical tape on the corners and call it a day.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
seems like some shady ass business with false advertisements.. do you call yourselves professionals when you use electrical tape and putty/clay? nevermind the unproperly sealed headlights? if the headlights were properly sealed with butyl sealant, there wouldn't have been a need to furthermore tape it up with electrical tape and there wouldn't be a big open gap on the bottom side of one of the headlights posted by the OP.

i'd stay away personally. there are other good reputable people on here that can do quality work retrofitting headlights, such as JnC. sometimes, you never get what you pay for.

Last edited by xtremex626; 04-25-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I've read through this entire thread and taken in both sides of the issue.
I can understand the OP's frustration and negative feelings towards to retrofit company. I would not be impressed myself if I spent that kind of money and received a damaged final product.

However, I do not believe that BFC is being given a fair opportunity to remedy the situation and uphold their reputation. Their posts have been very professional and certainly customer service orientated. If I were to be offered free repair and shipping to remedy the problem I would give the business the opportunity to resolve the problem with me first. If BFC had taken no opportunity to communicate with me towards resolving the issue in a mutually beneficial manner I would then take further action that would lead to an end result that benefited myself.

I believe that the comments made by the OP and other members are far too fueled by negative emotions and not constructive thinking. As I previously stated, I would have been equally upset with the initial quality, but what has to be taken into considering is mistakes and damage can happen from time to time. We can speculate on what was the cause of the final product's condition, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

I think this is another case of a buyer simply jumping the gun and quickly choosing to deface the reputation of a business based on one experience that was incomplete. If the buyer had chosen to accept the generous offers of the retrofitter to repair and remedy the problem at least he would be giving them a fair opportunity to display their commitment to customer service. By choosing to not cooperate with the seller and run to the forums to provide somewhat unjustified negative feedback, the buyer is escalating the issue beyond what it could have been.

Warranties, repair and refund policies are put in place to ensure that both the buyer and seller are satisfied with the final outcome of the sale. In this case the reason why the buyer is not satisfied is because he may have ignored these policies to uphold his subjective view on what should be done.

This is solely my unbiased, objective opinion that may be criticized or agreed with. I wanted to post my thoughts to provide a perspective that takes into account both sides.

To the OP, I hope you enjoy your lights regardless of which direction you take. They should add a nice look to your ride.

To the seller, I would hope that many people who have viewed and read through this thread do not drive your reputation into the ground over one case.

Think about it this way: Should a company that has done good business for a long time be so quickly defamed over one employee's actions or one instance of mishap?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
new headlights are of much greater quality....

lulz @ not cutting corners but using tape on the corners....

also, if this is the normal, you shouldnt present pictures to customers with these features missing.. its called false advertisement...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
The second I would have seen tape on the corners, I would have made a call to the company.