anyone with a vsa delete diy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone with a vsa delete diy???

people say there has been one done, but im not finding it.

ive searched all opens forums for "vsa", "vsa delete", "vsa diy"... and nothing. i found talk about the resistors, and others wanting a diy. but ive yet to actually find one.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
looking for one also. if u do the delete your going to have to extend your intake piping.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this vsa thing has got all you guys spooked. lol. and yeah i believe you do have to extend it.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by david-s
Wow this vsa thing has got all you guys spooked. lol. and yeah i believe you do have to extend it.
well shit, if that dyno chart is for real, why not. 15 FREE hp.

and yes, obviously it would have to be extended. im just not sure about all the sensors in the vsa tb. what are all the things connected to it?

and i would like a detailed description of how and where to place the resistors. i really dont want to leave the vsa dangling in the engine bay, nor do i want dash lights going off.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
It took me all of 2 seconds to find it with the words VSA Delete

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/another-successful-vsa-delete-488460/

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/vsa-bypass-resisors-475649/

Oh and read
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=vsa+delete
Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Racer

yea, ive read all those. no actual diy. just talk about doing it.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Originally Posted by stRodda
yea, ive read all those. no actual diy. just talk about doing it.
x2 it just says to add resistors on some cables, im a visual type of person.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if thats all we can find then the answer is no. there are no decent diys for this.

im sure if you popped the hood you could figure it out in due time. and then you can make us a diy and we will all be merry.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

ill try it out and see what i can do with it
Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Racer

15 hp is good and all, but there are some side effect of this mod from what ive read. If the system come on tht means that the car will shut off anytime it sense wheel spin or a loss of traction.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:14 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

i thought that u could still press the button and turn it off. id only do this if i was going racing and then return it back to normal afterwords
Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Racer

well, im gonna take a shot at it tomorrow, see if i feel any differences. although im going to let the vsa hang for now, since i havent figured out the resistors.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

I dont think this mod is remotely close to being worth it.

Also i find it hard to believe that there is remotely close to the power gained by removing it as stated. If there was that much the CL guys would have been doing it long ago and in larger #s.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Racer

honestly, i find it hard to believe as well... but unless that guy was bullshittin, he provided a dyno that showed a 15h gain. we're told its from a vsa delete, whether it is or not, i guess only he knows.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its all a huge conspiracy.
we'll have to pretend this whole thing just never happened.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't imagine gaining 15whp from better airflow. Removing the VSA TB would probably give hp gaines the equivilant of a CAI. If the VSA still cuts fuel and timing even when the VSA TB is gone, the gains are probably very slim. Just my .02...I'm no expert. I wouldn't mind seeing someone do it to see the results though.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

fsttyms1...I was kinda hoping to see a reply to this post that fish008 made quoting on one of your earlier posts. This was from the first thread you linked. It just fun reading your replies to smartasses who have no idea what they're talking about. You don't get "real snow" in MI, do you?
Originally Posted by fish008
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
yea for people that lack the ability to handle their car. I dont like nannies intervening
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. "Lack the ability to handle their car." HA. Ever drive in snow? I mean real snow. Or ever hit black ice? Or ever travel down a road you are not all that familar with and enter a corner to quickly? Even if the answer to all over those question is no, it could still happen and then you will see how well you personally can brake individual wheels.

There ARE numerous studies that snow stability control systems reduce single car accidents anywhere from 40-60%...even the manufactures backup those numbers.

When you can consistently drive your car within 1 degree of the limit thats when it will make a difference on a racetrack..this is the real world and things happen.

Me, I would never remove VSA. Sure turn it off for some fun in a snowy parking lot or a quick race off the line but I never drive with it off for long.

By the way. How many of you really understand how VSA or any stability control system works?

Sorry for the rant. I am big on safety.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 PM
400+ WHP Coming Soon!

I dont think this mod is remotely close to being worth it.

Also i find it hard to believe that there is remotely close to the power gained by removing it as stated. If there was that much the CL guys would have been doing it long ago and in larger #s.

CL-S's don't have the VSA throttle body in the intake system.

What you guys don't understand is that even with the VSA button off the butterfly is not fully open. It just works at 30% instead of 100% Traction control device.

How do I know this? I when I put the car on the dyno we left the traction control on and it starting cutting power because the front wheels were spinning and the rears weren't and we seen what it did (Datalogger showed timing being pulled) And the VSA throttle body was closing and unclosing to cut off power.

With the button off the butterfly inside the VSA/TB was still fluttering towards the closed position when the gas was pressed down.

So when you remove it you don't have to worry about the butterfly blocking off the air flow... THIS IS WHY IT MAKES POWER.

Pressing the button makes the VSA work less, but its still trying to work...

Even with the VSA off it was also still pulling timing... Datalogger and my eyes don't lie.

I have been building motors for awhile, not to mention we have two 9 second cars, one making 1009RWHP and one making 800AWHP.. I wouldn't just waste my time and post up fake dyno graphs.. Not even possible.

Sorry for trying to help you guys out?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Not trying to discredit you at all...and like I said, I'm no expert. And I know dynos are great, but there are to many variables and that go into the numbers it puts out (weather conditions and all that crap). I'd like to see if done and see the price. I probably wouldn't want to be the first to do it. I'd rather not drop the $$ on something until I know its been proven.
So I understand that better airflow will give you HP gains, but even with the VSA TB removed, doesn't it still cut timing and fuel?
There will always be skepticism from people when a new mod comes out. And for those of us who are skeptical, you should just accept that and understand we will probably not buy your part. Look at all the interest you had on the other thread. I'm sure you'll have plenty of buyers.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
400+ WHP Coming Soon!

am not selling anything you are simply removing an oem part. I took all the variables into effect I did pulls with the dyno fan off and on in different gears with the button on off with the unit on the car and unplugged with it off the car put still plugged etc etc the shop is climate controlled I also did it with the doors open on the shop and let the 40 degree weather in. I'm not new to this. I been doing this stuff for awhile I didn't believe the vsa mod either this is why I did it to either a. Tell you guys it worked or b. Tell you it's a waste of time. So this is the conclusion!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by snowman81
fsttyms1...I was kinda hoping to see a reply to this post that fish008 made quoting on one of your earlier posts. This was from the first thread you linked. It just fun reading your replies to smartasses who have no idea what they're talking about. You don't get "real snow" in MI, do you?

Originally Posted by fish008
yea for people that lack the ability to handle their car. I dont like nannies intervening
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. "Lack the ability to handle their car." HA. Ever drive in snow? I mean real snow. Or ever hit black ice? Or ever travel down a road you are not all that familar with and enter a corner to quickly? Even if the answer to all over those question is no, it could still happen and then you will see how well you personally can brake individual wheels.

There ARE numerous studies that snow stability control systems reduce. single car accidents anywhere from 40-60%...even the manufactures backup those numbers.

When you can consistently drive your car within 1 degree of the limit thats when it will make a difference on a racetrack..this is the real world and things happen.

Me, I would never remove VSA. Sure turn it off for some fun in a snowy parking lot or a quick race off the line but I never drive with it off for long.

By the way. How many of you really understand how VSA or any stability control system works?

Sorry for the rant. I am big on safety.
And from his response i would tell him i think he needs to learn to drive. Like stated before, you should NEVER drive the car expecting the nannies in the car to save you when YOU (the driver) simply out drove the safety limits or ones own ability. studies MAYBE if they actually taught people how to drive instead of asking them what a stop sign and yield sign mean people wouldnt need all these things mandated (also adding all sorts of costs and added weight to vehicles).

Oh and i understand how it works. DO you? If you did you should also know NOT to use it to save you.

And dont even get me started on driving in "real" snow or hitting black ice or driving down roads i dont know I drive in more of it in 1 year than you have in your lifetime of driving. If you are driving so fast in any of those conditions that you need something to help you out, YOU are driving faster than your own abilities (which leads right back to you needing to learn how to drive)!!!

Side note yes im sure there are instances that VSA is very helpful, but for the majority that need it need driving lessons in car control.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ek20a2
am not selling anything you are simply removing an oem part. I took all the variables into effect I did pulls with the dyno fan off and on in different gears with the button on off with the unit on the car and unplugged with it off the car put still plugged etc etc the shop is climate controlled I also did it with the doors open on the shop and let the 40 degree weather in. I'm not new to this. I been doing this stuff for awhile I didn't believe the vsa mod either this is why I did it to either a. Tell you guys it worked or b. Tell you it's a waste of time. So this is the conclusion!

so in your end result, how did you leave the vsa unit? out of the car? reconnect coolant line? open plugs without resistors?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

And from his response i would tell him i think he needs to learn to drive. Like stated before, you should NEVER drive the car expecting the nannies in the car to save you when YOU (the driver) simply out drove the safety limits or ones own ability. studies MAYBE if they actually taught people how to drive instead of asking them what a stop sign and yield sign mean people wouldnt need all these things mandated (also adding all sorts of costs and added weight to vehicles).

Oh and i understand how it works. DO you? If you did you should also know NOT to use it to save you.

And dont even get me started on driving in "real" snow or hitting black ice or driving down roads i dont know I drive in more of it in 1 year than you have in your lifetime of driving. If you are driving so fast in any of those conditions that you need something to help you out, YOU are driving faster than your own abilities (which leads right back to you needing to learn how to drive)!!!

Side note yes im sure there are instances that VSA is very helpful, but for the majority that need it need driving lessons in car control.
Thanks...that's what I needed. I love seeing the back and forth between someone who knows what they are talking about and someone who just talks out their @$$.
Originally Posted by ek20a2
Anyway...I would like to see what happens with this mod. I understand that so far you're not selling anything, but the point of doing this test was to provide something you could sell, which is perfectly fine. I'm not doubting your ability to produce a high HP vehicle, I'm just saying that I think it's crazy to get 15 whp out of better airflow in our car. I can understand it in a highly restricted vehicle, but ours flows pretty decently. Regardless, I'm not knocking you or your ability, just finish your mod, sell it to some folks on here and lets see what the results are. You may be on to something big, hopefully you are. Thanks for your time and effort into providing power mods for the TL and I hope it works out.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
400+ WHP Coming Soon!

Are you serious? I'm not selling anything, I'm not going to sell a VSA delete kit. I'm not going to spend my time on that. We are spending time developing aftermarket manifolds, headers, tuning systems, ETC ETC ETC.

This was just a post to show you what I did and posted the numbers. If it didn't make power, thats great. I would of left it off anyways, I'm getting sick of hitting the button

My VSA T/B is off the car and no resistors installed. I will be running a standalone EMS soon, so I'll have a bunch more sweet flashy lights on my dash!