Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino

i went to thier site , and well i am getting a headache.

there are so many waxes to choose from.

i dont know what is for what and what i need.

i have a 03 tls white. and just want a wax and polish.

and also the leather cleaner and conditioner.

can anyone help me?
Old 11-20-2002, 02:57 AM
mushroom mushroom

Zaino you must have:

Z-1 Show Car Polish LOK Pre-Cleaner and Gloss Enhancer (this is a base that you wipe on and don't wipe off you just aply Z-2 or Z-5 over it)
Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Finishes (the good stuff aka-wax)

Zaino I HIGHLY suggest but not necessary:

Z-18 ClayBar (gets rid of all the rough nasty contaminants on your paint, and giver you a nice smooth finish, very good product)
Z-5 Polish for Swirl Marks & Fine Scratches (only if you want to get rid of those nasty swirlmarks)
Z-6 Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray (anoter good product, will enhance your shine and make a slicker surface so dust and such wont stick as easily)
Z-7 Show Car Wash (This will not strip the Zaino wax from you car when you wash it inbetween waxes)

As for leather cleaners you are on your own. I have never used the Zaino leather products

For more info on how to apply go to:
http://www.zainobros.com/files/application.htm
Old 11-20-2002, 03:11 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zaino is a polish and NOT a wax!

if your car is brand new and in real good condition, buy the zfx along with z2...that's it! wash your car with original blue-colored dawn to remove wax from the car body. in included sample bottles, mix up z2 with drops of zfx (per directions) and apply a very thin coat to the car. wait till it dries and hazes, then wipe off and you're done. now if you want, you can go at it again with z2/zfx until you are all out or one happy mo-fo.

now if the paint is rough, get the z18 claybar and put in some elbow grease. the lubricant for the claybar is a mixture of water and carwash (no dawn!). so you wash the car with dawn, then clay the car, wash again but with normal carwash, then apply the z2/zfx.

now if the paint is swirled, get the z5 stuff. it's just like z2 where you will mix it up with drops of zfx. wash car with dawn, clay car, wash with normal carwash, go with the z5/zfx as many layers as you want till you are again one happy mo-fo, and finally add as many layers of z2/zfx as you want. you can drop the claybar step if the paint is only swirled.

if you are in to the total zaino experience, you can buy the z6 gloss enhancer/quick detailer spritz. basically, this spritz is used in between the many layers of z2 and/or z5 to help remove dust/lint as well as make the paint look *wetter* before you apply the next coat. so it goes a lil sumding like dis...dawn wash, clay, normal carwash, z5/zfx with z6, (repeat if you are adding more layers), and then finally finish up with z2/zfx with z6 until you are done!

so forget about z1 completely! z3 is if the car does not have a clearcoat...the tl does. no z7 if you have carwash already.

the other products you mentioned should be simple in comparsion to the polish!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:12 AM
Burning Brakes

{edit}Oops! StanMan and I must have been keying up replies at the same time! {/edit}

Here you go... you might try:
Z-1 Polish lok
Z-2 Clearcoat Polish
Z-5 Swirl mark remover (recommended, but optional)
Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
Z-7 Car wash liquid (recommended, but optional)

I bought 'em all, but these are my minimum recommended products. I've been using the following for a while:

Z-1, Z-2, Z-5, Z-6, Z-7, Z-18 (claybar), Z-9 (leather cleaner), Z-10 (leather conditioner)!

Good luck with your decision,

V.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with Stanman,

I would suggest the Zfx over the Z-1 - saves a boat load of curing time for EVERY coat of product (z2 or z5) you put on, no need for the Z1.

Z-5 will only remove light swirls, if you have any heavy swirls/light scratches get a good buffing compound/scratch remover first. I tried using z-5 to get rid of what ever they did to it at the dealer, never got rid of it. Took it to a detail shop had them buff the entire car out, then did the whole process over again.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Here's what you need:

Claybar: I would do this, even if it's new. It totally strips all the dust and junk to get to spanking clean paint.

ZFX: This is just a little dropper of stuff added to Z2 or Z5

Z2: this is the polish. After washing, claybar, and another wash, start putting on the Z2 polish (mixed with ZFX)

Z6: Use this after the polish (Z2), between coats of polish, and every once in a while to clean the car between washes, polishes. this stuff is great!

I would not necessarily use the Z5 on a white car. It's the same as Z2 but better for darker cars.

So, here's what you do:

Wash with Dawn (to get old wax and stuff off car), Claybar, wash with dawn again, then Z2 (with ZFX), Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6 (repeat as much as you want. And use the Z6 whenever you want to clean it a little bit. Do not get the Z1. You don't need it with the ZFX. ZFX is quicker, one less coat of stuff.

It's simple once you get it and start it and see what it's all about.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Actually there is a difference, Z5 is a swirl filler and doesn't have the same optics (Z2 is almost optically perfect).

But I agree with you, if you don't have swirls to fill (more noticeable on the darker colors) then don't bother with Z5.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Correct. Z5 and Z2 are not exactly the same, as you say. Z5 is just a little more useful on darker cars to get rid of swirls. I was just thinking to keep it more simple to start with for the original thread starter, I would just leave out the Z5 for now.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Drifting

so far only 1 coat of z5 and it didn't seem to take care of the scratches...although there *appears* to be less, but i think it's due to the fact that the car is much more shiny! in fact, the rays that reflect off the paint color the ground aegean blue...now that is something. maybe i should consider professional help or a better product than z5...others that have been thinking about zaino should maybe skip the z5.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:08 PM
RES
Intermediate

I was able to dramatically reduce my swirl marks on my year old ABP with the Z5 (with Zfx). I followed the directions applying it three times in one day and I have only used 100% cotton products since. It works and I am 100% satisfied.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Just wait till Sal releases his latest product. It's an abrasive similar in strength to 3M SMR. Biggest difference is it will bond to Zaino. So you can use to remove AND fill small scratches and then Z2 or Z5 right over it. I'm trying to get some from his to test it out.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
Just wait till Sal releases his latest product. It's an abrasive similar in strength to 3M SMR. Biggest difference is it will bond to Zaino. So you can use to remove AND fill small scratches and then Z2 or Z5 right over it. I'm trying to get some from his to test it out.
Is the smr the scratch removing foam? Has he given you any indication on when it will be out? Getting ready to send off another order today !
Old 11-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

i know u r not supposed to wax newly painted surfaces (been painted for about 2 weeks now), but can u use Z6 on it?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:05 PM
Instructor

I have a black CLS (3 -pedals!!). When I called Zaino, they told me to use Z5/ZFX all of the time instead of Z2/ZFX. He said that the black color of the car would allow this to look as good as Z2. Any opinions on this (agree/disagree). He did also support what was said before here that on a white car, Z2/ZFX is the better choice... I went with:

Z5,Z6,Z7,Z18,ZFX...
Old 11-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Burning Brakes

i have a black car too, and was told to alternate between Z5 and Z2...Z5 to cover swirls and Z2 makes it shinier
Old 11-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Cruisin'

put on as many layers of z5 as you want but you should always end the job with z2 as it does have higher optics than z5 does.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by typeSR2
put on as many layers of z5 as you want but you should always end the job with z2 as it does have higher optics than z5 does.
This is correct & it says it in the tips from Sal & also use the Z6 betweeen each coat.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this sh*t's too hard to figure out..