You don’t know what you got till its gone!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 09:34 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up You don’t know what you got till its gone!!

Ain’t that the truth. Sometimes you have to lose something just to appreciate how good it was. It took a day of driving an Integra loaner to realize just how smooth and powerful the TLS is.

Having owned my TLS for a little over a month I had begun to take the “effortlessness” of acceleration and handling for granted. When I got back behind the wheel of my TLS last evening I had a big smile on my face. Driving other cars will never be the same again
Old 05-10-2001, 09:53 AM
Instructor

I feel ya, my car is in the shop installing the Alpine multimedia system. Its been a pain in the ass to drive my Rodeo suv for 2 weeks! That POS eats gas like nothing you've seen before. Worse part is that i see every car passing me and i can't go too fast otherwise i'm afraid the car will flip during turns and it feels like its about to fall apart any moment! Thank gawd i'm picking up my baby tomorrow night!
Old 05-10-2001, 10:43 AM
MCD
Instructor

Post some pics of the finished product!!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:19 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Duayam Miles!!! That is your ride??
Nice, I wish I could do that to my car too.

Enjoy it!!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:31 PM
Racer

How much does it cost you?
How many kids do you have?
Old 05-10-2001, 12:46 PM
Instructor

I have learned that there is no such thing as a perfect car. Just when i thought my stock TL was THE perfect car, I found this site. Everything changed from that point! Regretted not getting NAV in the first place, so I installed the Alpine aftermarket system for navigationa and TV capability. Now that the setup is almost done which i thought my video setup WOULD be perfect, i see Stylin Silver Sled's tl, and BANG! one word, GAWD! I wish I never saw it, or at least rip my eyes out just in time to avoid it! The setup is similar to the BMW demo on the Alpine site, sweet as hell! Then came along the indigo gauges, 19" rims, ww spoiler, body kit, etc

I think this car went from perfect to POS! Its just a never ending blood sucking modding machine! I never even dreamed of modding a car before, since my Rodeo suv and Nissan Quest is stock. And here i am, on this forum reading day and night, at work and home. This site is killing me! Soon i'll be fired for non productive work, and sleeping on the streets because of selling the house to hook my baby up, aheaehaehae I'll just get 2 more speeding tickets to suspend my license. I've did a search for all of StreetEffectz post for video setup ideas and found out that the old schoolers were just as hyped if not more then me in the beginning. Now that a year or more has passed, they seemed more settle and relaxed. But how can you tell a newbie like me who just bought the car for 2 months and not freak out after visiting this forum? Any TL doctors here, DRUG ME!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Comptech Springs & Swaybars

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Miles on May 10, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-10-2001, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by FlyingPig:
How much does it cost you?
How many kids do you have?
Lets say ALOT of dough, enough to trade in and get the TL-S but without the video of course. If i wasn't single, you think I would have that kind of money to spare on a car? The sad thing is that i didn't even mod the exterior yet and spent so much money already. Oh well, i'll take my time, as i'm sure that no one modded their car to the way they wanted over night! aehaehaehae

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Old 05-10-2001, 02:17 PM
Racer

WOW .... how much did all that cost you??

You’re right Miles, there is no such thing as a perfect car ... just when you thought you had the perfect toy something better comes along. It’s a DISEASE!!!

Old 05-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 1000bpm:

WOW .... how much did all that cost you??

You’re right Miles, there is no such thing as a perfect car ... just when you thought you had the perfect toy something better comes along. It’s a DISEASE!!!

Like i said, the cost is equal to me trading in my tl for the TL-S w/o all the dvd and monitor setup, i love to do that but i can't convince myself now that i found this alternative route. Plus, i for one can't stand the grill and the uncomfortable seats and the black wood compared to my 2001 TL. For me to trade in, i would have to love the car to death, basically no major dislikes about the exterior/interior.

I think its a epidemic chronic disease that is slowly ailing our health and minds and savings as long as this forum exist, period! lol

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Miles on May 10, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-10-2001, 04:11 PM
Racer

Miles .... I posted my note before reading your reply.

Didn't mean to be intrusive.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 1000bpm:
Miles .... I posted my note before reading your reply.

Didn't mean to be intrusive.
haehaehae no problem, just didn't know if StreetEffectz mind if i revealed the price, since it is a custom install and i installed so much crap on it all at once. I'll ask him later and get back to you. I personally don't mind letting anyone know.

Old 05-10-2001, 11:22 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by MCD:
Post some pics of the finished product!!
StreetEffectz already posted some pics. Here are the links.
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007508.html
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007538.html