Ya'll gone loooove this...... PIC of speedo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001 | 10:13 AM
Burning Brakes

speeding, or even driving and not wearing a seatbelt is like skydiving with no parachute...
I wouldn't go that far. However, again, this is personal opinion.

Can we agree to disagree this time Austin?

I do have to mention that I think it's hilarious that I'm getting so much crap from people on this site such as turbo-whatever, bioyuki, and others. I say that because I know I am not alone....just last Sat. night I had a girl in the passenger seat, and I asked her how fast she wanted to go. Being that it was a 60 speed limit zone, she said 120. That's my kind of girl. Neither me or her had any seatbelts on. It was just good fun. There isn't one person I hang out with (with the exception of JLMaxR1's girlfriend!!!) that doesn't appreciate a good run on the freeway.

My point is this....how is it that a group of car enthusiasts, nonetheless, can chew me out for going fast and not wearing seatbelts or whatever, but a female who just likes cars never thought twice about it.

Maybe Raleigh is just more pimp than I ever gave it credit for.
Old 12-18-2001 | 02:19 PM
Banned

ken2000ac:

"Can we agree to disagree this time Austin?"

Definitely And I'll leave it at that.

Austin519
Old 12-18-2001 | 06:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ken2000ac

Maybe Raleigh is just more pimp than I ever gave it credit for.
WHOA, I wouldn't go that far!!!
Old 12-18-2001 | 06:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah I said MAYBE, you future postwhore!!
Old 12-18-2001 | 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ken2000ac

I say that because I know I am not alone....just last Sat. night I had a girl in the passenger seat, and I asked her how fast she wanted to go. Being that it was a 60 speed limit zone, she said 120. That's my kind of girl. Neither me or her had any seatbelts on. It was just good fun. There isn't one person I hang out with (with the exception of JLMaxR1's girlfriend!!!) that doesn't appreciate a good run on the freeway.

My point is this....how is it that a group of car enthusiasts, nonetheless, can chew me out for going fast and not wearing seatbelts or whatever, but a female who just likes cars never thought twice about it.
Its that little thing called common sense. Kinda like how you don't put your hand on a hot stove. Hmmm.....wonder why the government requires all cars to have seat belts and now airbags? Wonder why the government requires crash testing? Why does the government require safety glass and a padded dash?

As for you saying you have good reflexes. Maybe you do...you can be the best driver in the world but other people aren't. Somebody could spill his coffee and swere across the center divider and hit you while you're just minding your own buisness. Better yet you should be concerned for the people that ride in your car. Do you want to drive recklessly and accidently kill the person in your passenger seat? Some guy on the CL board (revolver?) did that. He lived because he was wearing his seat belt. The other guy was too but he still died. Now he has to live with the guilt of killing his friend for the rest of his life. I'm still confused over what happened to BCInspire....

Point is I'm sick of hearing stories of people dying left and right because of stupid choices they make. You probably have enough sense not to drink and drive, why don't you have enough sense to put on a seat belt?
Old 12-19-2001 | 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bioyuki

Its that little thing called common sense. Kinda like how you don't put your hand on a hot stove. Hmmm.....wonder why the government requires all cars to have seat belts and now airbags? Wonder why the government requires crash testing? Why does the government require safety glass and a padded dash?

The problem I have with the whole seat belt laws is the government forcing us to do something that we should freely be able to choose to do ourselves. That's not the government's place. Same as putting on a helmet when riding a motorcycle...I would never ride at speed or in any type of traffic without one, but the government shouldn't make that choice for me. I could understand an argument about forcing young people to wear them, just like we don't let them buy cigarettes (yeah right!!) or alcohol. A person who just got their license is definitely more inexperienced and more likely to get into an accident than someone with a few years under their belt. So your partly right Bioyuki, it is a little thing called common sense. And we should be able to choose whether or not to use our common sense ourselves. The government shouldn't be my common sense. By forcing me to put on a seatbelt, the government has done nothing to make our roads safer for other motorists. It has only forced itself into another part of our lives where it has no business being.
Old 12-19-2001 | 12:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Well put, JLMaxR1....that's all we need is the government to do everything for us. Oh please Mr. Big Gov. help me, I can't even tie my shoes. Please make laws. More laws. Please protect us from ourselves.

Point is I'm sick of hearing stories of people dying left and right because of stupid choices they make. You probably have enough sense not to drink and drive, why don't you have enough sense to put on a seat belt?

You're sick of hearing about that? Hmmm.....to be REAL honest I'm ****ing sick of hearing others preach about things that really are none of their danm business. Really...why the fvck do you care if I wear my seatbelt or not. I'm a big boy....if I choose not to wear one then so be it. Even if I go through a windshield...I'm well aware of the consequences, thanks. IT'S YOUR OWN DAM OPINION that it's "stupid" not to wear a seatbelt. Great. I certainly feel that you are indeed entitled to whatever opinion you want to have. My only request is that you not try to force your opinion on others, such as me, by stating things like "don't you have enough sense to put on a seat belt?".

You don't see me suggesting to anyone to not wear them, do you? I didn't think so. That would be rediculous. How about you do whatever you wanna do in your car, and I'll do whatever I wanna do in mine and we'll call it a day, okay?

My point......these are simply opinions. Sharing opinions is good. Preaching those opinions is not.

This freaking post started out about my picture. Now it's been raped into a thread about seatbelts and other swell safety tips. I've been robbed.
Old 12-19-2001 | 12:27 AM
Burning Brakes

JLMax..........

Wow dude. I read that post you put again, and man....to be so late you really spoke well. Very well put!
Old 12-19-2001 | 12:27 AM
Shogun Assassin

blah, blah, blah....is this thread still alive? If someone wants to drive w/o their seat belt, it's their decision.