Wood Dash Kit Info ..(pics) My research this should help all of you's!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wood Dash Kit Info ..(pics) My research this should help all of you's!!

There aren't many thread that answer all questions so Im hoping this makes it easier for people in the future with a one stop thread. I was doing so much research on this before I bought mine..and in my opinion this is the best way to do it:

Buy the kit from Exotic Wood Dash and order the AC Vent Pieces from this site or call Ray Laks.

The reason why I tell you to order the AC vents on top of the kit is because with that kit you buy from Exotic, they give you an AC vent trim but its gay!! Its only a thin strip around the AC vents and not like the OEM one from Acura where it is actually a molded piece, which makes the world of a difference. It looks more custom. I've attached some pictures so take a look and see.

Now ... the reason why I tell you to order from Exotic Wood Dash is cuz... there are only three manufacturers that make our kit but there are many distributors selling it for different prices. I've done extensive research on it...and to confirm what Im saying... match up the part numbers. Most website you go to.. you'll either find the kit to be listed as WD-269 or ACR-11B.. which was model numbers for a 2003 TYPE S w/ NAV OEM Black Marble Kit. It might be slightly different for yours. Hence.. most of the websites will also have the same layout diagrams, since its the same kit.

Exotic Wood Dash uses B&I trim and in my opinion its the best match. If you visit one site they sell the same kit WD-269 for 220+shipping... where as .. Exotic sells it for 180+free shipping. Same exact kit!! (Prices might differ as price drops might have taken into effect). So just match up the numbers whatever you do. Some people order a kit from like NYC Dashes and find that they dont like the match..so they return it..and then ordre a kit from another company for more money..but when they get it..its the same dam kit.. since the distributor is buying and shipping from the same manufacturer..so dont be fooled just because prices are different.. that your getting different quality.

Look at the pics and decide for urself... like I said.. I did extensive research on this..and unfortunately no one was willing or able to help me when I did it... so I know how frustrating it was.. hence.. just trying to make ur life a little easier. Im sure you'll agree with my suggestion.

These are not pics of my car..but another members and he used the Exotic Wood Dash ones too.. and u can see the match is nice..and he also used the OEM Vent pieces like I did and am suggesting you to do as well.

This is a pic of the molded AC Vent. Notice how its molded.

Another pic of the OEM Acura AC Vent Trim.. this one is black.. took it before I installed it on the car.

Now this is a pic of the one that comes in the kit with all aftermarket dash kits... if you look closely... u'll see the AC vent only has a thin strip of wood around it..making it not look as good as the OEM molded one. Also bad match... defenitely not the one manufactured from B&I trim or distributed by Exotic Wood Dash.

Old 02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This pic is in the Burlwood color and u can see the thin strip a little better... thas why Im attaching it. Hope all this info helped and narrowed down ur decision. This is not a B&I trim kit or the one sold by Exotic.

However this one is from B&I Trim and the one sold by Exotic, I believe its the same kit sold by Joshua Tree as well!! I bet your their prices arent the same though!! Also look at the gay ass thin AC strip!!

Also I have the wood steering wheel which I think its worth getting. i got mine used and worn from a member from this board, for 75 bux installed it for free, then went to my dealer and told them that I bought it with the car and showed him how worn it was, and they replaced it for free w/ a brand new one under warranty!! SCAM!!

I dont feel bad cuz dealers would jump on the first opportunity to screw you!! Ne wayz hope this info helps.