Window tinting

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window tinting

Okay, I've had the windows tinted on every car I own and my TL won't be any exception. Here's my question...how does the rear window look with the little dots on the top? Does the tint cover that well or does it just bubble over? The reason I ask is that I've had 3 mustangs in the past and they all had a similar rear window and most of the time when the dots are tinted over, it looked pretty sh1tty (this is really common w/ mustangs, even with a high quality shop doing the work). I haven't seen a TL w/ tinted windows around me yet, but I just wanted to ask for advice...thanks
Old 01-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dot in the back should be fine if you go to a goood tinting place.
I saw the guy who did my tint when he was doing it. he put on some kind of white powder on it first. I have no problem with my tinting on the dot so far.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Instructor

this is me,
Where did you get your windows tinted? I'm also in MA and want to get it done. And how much $ did it cost you?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lhommec13
this is me,
Where did you get your windows tinted? I'm also in MA and want to get it done. And how much $ did it cost you?
Thanks in advance
i got it done by tint king in billerica.
cost me 230 for mine.
the guy's name is brian. I dun think you would want to go to him. He did mine and i had a few small bubbles in the rearwindow. i called him but he's never there(the shop). i even went over the shop but he's never there. He said that i have to leave the car there for him because he tint houses and buildings too.
He uses computer cut though. Thats the only reason y i went to him.

There's one place in Lowell close to my house called Carisma that also do tinting as well.
If you want the info on that PM me.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Mine came out ok, no where near what I've seen on Fords. Just remeber, If you have the navigation system, you cannot use tint that has metal in it on the back window. (commonly called Titanium Tint, most higher grades of tint now have metal in them) If you go to a good shop, they should have a non-metal tint that will match the metal tint in apperance from the outside. Its pricey, but I had them put the regular tint on the sides and the non-metal on the back and nobody has noticed the difference do far.