Why Me Why Me Why Me Why Me????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 04:44 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pedestrian

I suggest you sue the guy that ran into your car. His home owner's or renter's insurance should cover the cost of repair to your vehicle, if you win it also gives you a big advantage if he tries to sue you for injuries later. You should contact him and tell him that you expect him to pay for your damages, and if he refuses then you can sue him.

Your case is pretty good considering he was already breaking the law. Just don't say that he did it on purpose, because insurance companies don't pay for intentional acts, nor do they pay for things that occur during the commision of a criminal act.

Again, the first thing you should do is talk to the guy that ran into your car and tell him you want him to pay for the damages. If nothing else, this gives him a clear message that you aren't going to be a victim of his stupidity.
You are absolutely correct on all of this, Pedestrian. Good advice!

However, even without knowing anything about this guy, I'll give you 10 to 1 that he has no insurance that will cover his liability, and that he has no significant assets from which to collect a judgment. Still, though, it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Thanks for all your insghts and concerns... Now here's the bad news.. The police report is completely WRONG!!! It shows damage to be in the back of my car, it says my brother backed up and struck the pedestrian and he flew on top of the car, causing the rear window to break...Total CRAP.My brother went ape$hit and went back to the precinct, the cop that wrote the report is the only one who can alter the report and he's on vacation, so we gotta wait until the end of the month for him to come back so he can write what really happened.. Besides, based on what the cop wrote to the damages on my car, it's completely innacurate..
Ed
Old 07-17-2001, 09:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, boy! This doesn't sound good. Keep me posted if you care to, and I'll offer whatever help I can. Again, not legal advice, just friendly advice from someone who knows a bit about auto insurance and the legal system.