Why me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Why me?

LONG STORY SHORT:

Day sucked at home, work, car tranny messed up took to dealer paid $105 and got it back clean . Civic runs a red light while I'm making a left turn and my car is now left with ugly dents.

SHORT STORY LONG:

So today has been possibly the worst day of my life. Well...most annoying and unconvenient day of my life.

First I wake up early in the morning thinking I'll make some more hours at work.

Cool.

Next thing you know I have to wait 2 hours for my water to come back on so I could take a shower. Stupid water system.

I get to work late and Boss chews me up even though I called his ass to tell him I'll be at work late. He piles me up with all the work while all the other employees play paper soccer.

Sucks.

I get off work about 9 hours later. Tired as hell, I decided to hit the toll road. I didn't have an EZ-pass and there wasn't a guy at the window to give any cash to.

So I put the car in park and enter my Credit card. Next thing you know My car won't shift! It just stays in PARK! I caused some heavy traffic and no one was willing to help me the whole time I got out of the car to check what was wrong. One idiot yelled out "You're causing traffic push the car to the side of the road!!!" ......BUT HOW MY CAR COULDN'T GET TO NEUTRAL!!!

All the other cars reversed and went into the other lane. Then finally a domestic muscle car guy came in his souped up Chrysler 300c and gave me a hand. He complimented the car and then got straight to the point. He stuck something into the shifter causing it to be able to shift. I finally have the car in drive mode but now I couldn't shift to reverse or park.

I call up Pohanka Acura. They told me to take it to them as My car is still under warranty under the 7 years/109,000 warranty. My car is 7 years and just hit 106,000

I get to the dealership and the asshole mechanic started talking shit and telling me to reverse my car to an unknown place. He kept telling me to "back up, back up" like I knew where the fuck to go. On top of that he pushes me out of the way to get in my car to take it to the garage and then smiles at me and goes "Sorry". Bastard...

I call my father to come pick me up...By the time I got home it's 10:30 PM and I haven't even ate dinner yet.

Dealership calls me back up Saying my tranny is fine and only my power socket fuse was burned out and caused my something solenoid for the shifter to burn out as well. THANK GOD!!!

My dad and I get to the dealership around 11:00, sign the paper work and pay my 105 dollars for repair and I'm out to start the car.

The car is flawless, super clean and just washed. I get in the car and I have an empty tank. So I tell my dad that I'll follow him to the gas station across the street. I roll out of the dealership lot and stop at a red light intersection.

Light turns green and I make my turn slowly. Then !!!HONK!!! Screeeeecch!!!! BOOM.. I GET HIT FROM THE DAMN PASSENGER SIDE BY A FUCKING CIVIC. DUMBASS GOT THE BRIGHT IDEA OF RUNNING A RED LIGHT INTO ME!!!

Car now has two doors smashed in, door moldings falling off. Sideskirt pushed up forward. Damn.

Anyways cop showed up. I had a few witnesses from each side. Car is drivable and thank god I'm okay. I was in shock for a bit. But damn was it a rough day...

I'll post pics of the mishappenings ASAP.

RANT OVER.

Bring the FLAME on!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn son that sucks. atleast the dumbasses insurance will cover u
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn sorry to hear this, but why would anyone flame you for this??

When it rains, it pours
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a rough one. Guess in the end the worst thing is the last - the accident. So, when are you having the body worked on? Schedule it ASAP. In the meantime keep that car as clean as possible, maybe think about future mods you want after it comes back spanking new from the shop, etc. The point is to delve further into the car and what you want to do with it, how you want it to look, etc., rather than stepping back and getting discouraged. One good thing - tomorrow is a better day!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Don't try this at home

Remember - your neck hurts like crazy, you're emotionally scarred for life, your back hurts so you can't have sex (its a good one and believe me it'll work in court) good luck I hope the body shop does a great job, oh and bring it to the most expensive place possible, get an estimate, all that stuff. Might want to start looking for 6-sp transmissions and if that's not your thing, grab a supercharger, your baby got hurt, time to make it up to her/it.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE=KSuchdeve]
When it rains, it pours QUOTE]

so true!!

at least your ok thats what counts!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Low and Slow

sorry buddy. Good thing you're okay. Tomorrow is a new day, that's the best part.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Safety Car

Thanks for the reply guys. I am actually going to have my whole front bumper repainted while I'm at it.

I'm already saved up on the 6-speed project coming soon FALL 2008.

I'm calling the insurance today and have them take a look at the damages. You better believe I'm going to the most expensive place to have my repairs.

I love my car and in no way am I ever getting rid of it. I plan to keep this car and garage it for years to come as it is my first car and my family are the first owners.

Update tonight. See you all later.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Just chillen..

At least your being postive about this and handling it in a mature way. Everything will be back to normal.. Oh yea, on the side note keep some spare fuses in the car.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quoting Homer Simpson "That was the worst day of your life..... so far."

Well at least you're OK and you're insured.

Do watch out for back and neck problems over the next day of so. Many times problems from seemingly minor car accidents don't surface for a few days.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Damn, sounds like you had a bad day.

At least you woke up and you didnt have any appendages cut off by a disgruntled girlfriend
Old 08-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
damn slim i just saw u last week! man u had a shitty week...sorry bout what happedned at least u and the car are ok & ull live u race another day!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

BTW did you fill up the car? lol sorry, trying to lighten up the mood. sucks, but atleast the Civic got the most damage. AS IT SHOULD.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
At least you woke up and you didnt have any appendages cut off by a disgruntled girlfriend
Damn Kris... or should I now call you Kristy?

And bad luck days suck. Hope it fixes itself out for the better.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Advanced

My neck! My Back! My neck and my back!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

duuuuuuuuuuuude that sucks. glad you're alright.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Stop whining
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Stop whining
Have stopped...LOL

Type-Superman: I filled her up full tank with 93 octane V-Power baby!

L'S TL: Yea man it sucks. But damn right I live another day.

Thanks for all the reply guys.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Racer

WE all have had those types of days. At least you still have your car. Imagine walking out to your car to grab some change and all you see scrape marks on the asphault where your car used to be.....I didn't even get to say goodbye to her!!!

And never did.......
Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

damn that sounds like a really crappy day...we all have bad days man...and hey at least ur ok...and your car will be back on the road and in your hands for you to pamper, cruise, and enjoy...keep ur head up bro
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Safety Car

Well here's the deal.

I called Geico (the faultee's insurance) and they recommended me a shop to go to. I know they are trying to dick me and this was possibly their cheapest way out.

I'm lost right now and trying to figure out what I should do. The car is still sitting in the driveway with the damages untouched.

Yes, I want the car repaired but I also want it to be the same exact match as the rest of my car.

WHITE DIAMOND PEARL IS REALLY HARD TO MATCH...OR ANY WHITE FOR THAT MATTER.

With that said,

Do you guys recommend I try to see if Geico covers me to paint my whole car? I know damn well I'm going to be disatisfied with the paint mismatch if I just get the repairs done. I might as well try to get them to cover me on a full paint job.

I mean is it practical for me to even try? Sounds like a good fight what do you all think?

or

I could get the damages repaired and pay for the rest of the car to be sprayed out of my own pockets...which I don't want to do.

or

I could get my insurance to cover me and I pay the deductible. Then have my insurance have Geico pay them. but..it's a long process.

I'm just trying to find the cheapest way out. I really want the car to be finished and matched like how it was before the accident.

Anyways, here are the updates... It's sad that this is my first time posting pics of my car here on AZINE and they are all damage pics....sucks.

SCRATCHES WHEN HE FIRST NICKED ME:

NEXT ARE THE WHEEL RASHES..

SIDE DAMAGES

CLOSE-UPS

See how my sideskirts pushed forward?

AND PICS OF THE GOOD SIDES...

PICS FROM LAST WEEK:

Old 08-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

i doubt that they will pay for the paint for the whole car.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
[cars, anime]= Japan

dam must have been a rough day. good thing ur TL is fixable... nice car btw
Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM
3.2TL

You Know What Tho...You Still Got A Sick Lookin Car Dents and Scratches and All......I Wish My Car looked like yours I Need a Kit Badly Tho.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
WDP is hard to match....i second to that. After my accident my car is TW/WDP...trying to get the bodyshop to get the paint fix. Sorry to tell you but whenever they're done fixing the car it doors aren't gonna open and close the same. The funny thing is, while i was looking at the pictures i thought you stole accident pictures from me...haha. Looks similar to my accident.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ThreePointTwoTeeEl
You Know What Tho...You Still Got A Sick Lookin Car Dents and Scratches and All......I Wish My Car looked like yours I Need a Kit Badly Tho.
Hey be careful what you wish for...This car still needs alot of work to play with the big ballers like Deuce_DXJ, Samson, Phrosttz0, Malayee King, The Distinctiv_tuning crew and TriState VIP crew and all the rest of you 2nd gen TL owners with clean and undented cars. Also KRIS especially him....bastard.

Originally Posted by Unkn0VV17
WDP is hard to match....i second to that. After my accident my car is TW/WDP...trying to get the bodyshop to get the paint fix. Sorry to tell you but whenever they're done fixing the car it doors aren't gonna open and close the same. The funny thing is, while i was looking at the pictures i thought you stole accident pictures from me...haha. Looks similar to my accident.
Yea man. How did that go? Did you complain to the shop that the doors are acting funny? How'd you come about doing the whole repair?

Let me know as this is my first and hopefully last accident.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Prick of the month

Originally Posted by InspireTL
Let me know as this is my first and hopefully last accident.
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but that probably won't be the case. Plus, statistics show that after one accident the probability of another increases, but I hope you're right.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
WDP is hard to match....i second to that. After my accident my car is TW/WDP...trying to get the bodyshop to get the paint fix. Sorry to tell you but whenever they're done fixing the car it doors aren't gonna open and close the same.
Thats total BS if the shop is a good shop. And for matching If the shop did the job correctly they would do test samples to see what matched the closest, THEN blend the color into the neighboring panels. If done that way it would be impossible to notice.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Thats total BS if the shop is a good shop. And for matching If the shop did the job correctly they would do test samples to see what matched the closest, THEN blend the color into the neighboring panels. If done that way it would be impossible to notice.
Exactly my thoughts as well.....if they blend it right....it will turn out fine. My silver color was the same way as its not easy to work with either (but really? What color is?) but my body shop managed to blend it into the untouched panels with good results.

As for Geico recommending a body shop....I can't speak for the states...but here in Ontario, Canada....it is the right of the client to choose which body shop they use. But Geico probably recommended one as they could have good business relations with and could possilby be a reputable shop in the first place. I doubt they are trying to dick you around. And there is no way Geico is going to pay for a whole paint job...they will only cover what needs to be repaired and painted.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 PM
T-Swzy

damn, i woulda cussed stuff at the civic driver and insult him for driving a civic, enough for him to get mad and put in the first swing so you can whoop his ass in self defense.

anyways, sorry to hear about it and keep us posted. im 19 and statistics say im gonna bump more than one car so it's good to know what to do
Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OntarioTL
Exactly my thoughts as well.....if they blend it right....it will turn out fine. My silver color was the same way as its not easy to work with either (but really? What color is?) but my body shop managed to blend it into the untouched panels with good results.

As for Geico recommending a body shop....I can't speak for the states...but here in Ontario, Canada....it is the right of the client to choose which body shop they use. But Geico probably recommended one as they could have good business relations with and could possilby be a reputable shop in the first place. I doubt they are trying to dick you around. And there is no way Geico is going to pay for a whole paint job...they will only cover what needs to be repaired and painted.
Thanks for the inputs. I will have them contact the dealership tommorow.

It's closer to my home and after all...it is the dealership's recommended shop. So that means Flawle$$ job. I hope so.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Burning Brakes

I did complain about the doors cause you have to slam it to get it shut. Eventually they got the doors fixed now it shuts nicely but not as good before the accident. For the whole repair I just kept pointing out new things that i found wrong each time i went down there to check it out. My suggestion for you is to go down there in person to check out the car and see their progress.

As for the paint, i'm going to get a hold of them and make them do something about it. They're a good bodyshop and ok customer service thats willing to work with me...but as for their color matching it sucks. After getting the car completely fix...I might consider stripping the car and selling it....maybe we'll see. If I do sell it...i'm planning to get a 02- 03 TL-S or a g35.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Racer

I did complain about the doors cause you have to slam it to get it shut. Eventually they got the doors fixed now it shuts nicely but not as good before the accident. For the whole repair I just kept pointing out new things that i found wrong each time i went down there to check it out. My suggestion for you is to go down there in person to check out the car and see their progress.

As for the paint, i'm going to get a hold of them and make them do something about it. They're a good bodyshop and ok customer service thats willing to work with me...but as for their color matching it sucks. After getting the car completely fix...I might consider stripping the car and selling it....maybe we'll see. If I do sell it...i'm planning to get a 02- 03 TL-S or a g35.
I always insist that I see the car before I sign over the work release form or any form. I always check my car and if I find something wrong I will refuse to sign and tell them to go back to the drawing board and then I will return when it is done right.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Burning Brakes

^^ Well i didn't notice anything wrong when i got the car back...especially the color. When i picked it up the color looks fine and matches but when it got a little bit darker out I noticed the difference in color. Plus...didn't notice my right headlight was aiming lower than the left until i started driving it at night. Funny thing....i didn't sign anything...so technically they're not done fixing the car...haha
Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Stop

Call your insurance company and let them work it out. That is one of the things you pay them for. They will handle things for you and deal with op insurance company. Your rates will not increase. You have a relationship with them that is long term, you have nothing with Geico but this. If you choose one of their shops work is guaranteed. At least check it out. My $.02
Old 08-31-2007, 02:49 AM
B A N N E D

god damn ur car is clean jake. i see u painted ur fogs too...i think?

btw whyd u sell out. i thot u were gonna put sabrr2th
Old 08-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mrnewguy
god damn ur car is clean jake. i see u painted ur fogs too...i think?

btw whyd u sell out. i thot u were gonna put sabrr2th
JDM-ua5....the plate looks like the DMV actually chose those numbers and letters for me.

I'd rather have that than cops try to read my plate....I don't want attraction to the car more than I need to. Only to enthusiasts.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 AM
Pro

I think that you did well to not have gone mike tyson on that civic driver after that terrible day.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fish008
I think that you did well to not have gone mike tyson on that civic driver after that terrible day.
Not worth it IMO. I'm a skinny 5'5 Asian kid that has been down that road and paid my consequences.

I have spent the last two years meditating with monks...I've learned to forgive and just let things like that go. People make mistakes and I'm sure if I made the same mistake I would hope for the other driver to forgive me. But with mistakes comes consequences and I believe that everyone should have enough courage to take that.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn brah, I really sorry to hear such bad news. Being that you're local and all, let me share with you my experience. I was rear ended by some chick a couple years ago at a stoplight. I was devastated to say the least because this was the first accident I was involved in with my car ever since I purchased it. Anyways, after speaking with her insurance (Progressive) they informed me that I could take my car to any body shop I wanted. That being said I contacted Radley Acura and asked them if they have any special relationships with any of the auto body shops in the area. The gentlemen I spoke with told me that Falls Church Auto body does all the bodywork. Taking their advice into consideration I decided to visit Falls Church Auto body and ultimately decided to utilize their services. I figured that since they see Acuras all the time, they should pretty much have the color matching down to a science. Needless to say, when my car was returned to me a week later, I was very satisfied with their work. They did a wonderful job and did a great job in matching the paint. BTW, you might want to inquire whether you can be reimbursed for the diminished value of your car. Good luck on your repairs bro. PM me if you have any questions.