Whose down for Tx meet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Whose down for Tx meet?

just curious, see a show of hands, how many TX TLs/CLs are down to meet in Austin the weekend of March 18th? all cars are welcomed

trying to get it organized

I know there's a San Antonio race on March 18th and we all could go down and check it out. I'll find out all the details about how much it is to enter, the car show (if you want to) or if you just want to attend.

Friday March 16th or 17th will be a good day or both days, in case some can't make it on one day, to have the Tx meet in Austin . Still deciding on a location in Austin where we could meet. Any input or ideas would be great, thanks =)

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Nighthawk Black Pearl
- 18's Lowenharts LGM Chrome (3 piece)
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-20-2001, 03:15 PM
VDo
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm definately down.

I can help organize activities here in Austin as well as a meeting place.

I think Showplace Lanes (IH35 @ Rundberg)is a good centralized place to meet up, and easily found by both our friends from Dallas and Houston.

Let's make this happen guys.

Stay tuned...

------------------

'00 WDP TL
K&N filter, Flowmaster mufflers, Neuspeed springs, WW spoiler, PIAA 1200 fogs w/OEM switch, Inspire taillights, M3-style mirrors, Custom grill and headlights
Old 02-20-2001, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Hmmm, I think we tried this a few timnes before, but I'm in. Austin is cool, we should drive around the lake and stuff.

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 02-20-2001, 05:40 PM
Drifting

I am down for sure...

------------------
My TypeS
Old 02-20-2001, 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys! Hope with good organization.. the turn out will be good =)

Vdo, you mentioned showplace lanes how are the roads getting there and around that area?

Justing using this Thread for ideas and comments.. when its finalize i'll post up the exact time place and etc.. that way it won't be all over the place; causing choas

any more suggestions or better time or date to meet (march 16-18th)

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-20-2001, 09:30 PM
Racer

I know that I couldn't make it last time due to issues with school, but I will definitely try to make it this time, if it is to happen. Let me know. Also, I damaged my car and I am so sad. The damage is not that bad, but it is bad enough to be noticed.

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Comptech Springs
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* ?% Tint

Ordered: AEM SRI (blue)
Old 02-20-2001, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

DragonTL, Sorry to hear that, hope it all works out.

I'm thinking of trying to make it Friday (march 16th) and Saturday (march 17th). For one, if there are schedual conflicts both days should cover it. Also, for those already attending the meet friday.. will mostly likely still be in Austin on Saturday and Sunday if they are planning to go the the San Antonio, Battle of the imports (drag wars) and there will be show car entries. For all those that are wanting to also go to the battle of the imports we can all roll together from Austin to San Antonio which is about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs drive if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah i know seems like alot, hope organization is key =)

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-21-2001, 12:49 AM

why in austin, tu? can i come? y not just meet at the IDRC event?

-brian
'92 veilside royal sapphire sc300
'01 millenium silver is300
Old 02-21-2001, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah you can come nopi =) taking both cars? =) jk

welcome to the board, Nopi !!

Its open to everyone

In Austin cause its about in the middle. I'm going to the IDRC, drag wars in San Antonio for sure. I want to meet on friday and/or saturday in Austin and whoever wants to go to the IDRC we call can roll together.. plus there's more stuff to do in Austin than San Antonio. Any other ideas or comments are welcomed =)

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-22-2001, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Talking

Hey I'll try to be there. During that week my car's going in the shop for the kit and spoiler to be put on, but I'll try to be there. Have it in Houston cause thats the week of my b-day and Im throwing a party and all TL members welcomed!

------------------
Patrick Lee
2001 Acura TL
Sitting in my room-WW kit and spoiler
Old 02-22-2001, 09:52 AM
Burning Brakes

If your going to the IDRC drag wars in San Antonio.. its $30 if you want to enter your car in the car show and $15 for vistors.

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- ordered Apexi N1 WS coilovers =D ABOUT TIME!
Tu
Old 02-23-2001, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Vdo, you mentioned showplace lanes how are the roads getting there and around that area?

Any other suggestion for a meeting place in Austin?

any Time preference? morning? afternoon?evening?

what do you think about having both march 16th and 17th meet days? or is it too much, if so which day is best for you? just want to see a show of hands.

whose all going to the IDRC race on march 18th, sunday?

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-23-2001, 03:08 PM
VDo
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Tu, Showplace Lanes is right off IH35, the main highway in Austin. It is very easy to find, espcially for guys coming down from Dallas. If this place is chosen as a meeting place, I can post more detailed directions.

nopi*tkr has a valid point. Why not meet at the race instead of taking a detour to Austin? Well, meeting in San Antonio does save Houston folks some driving time, however, everybody will get there at different times, be parked all over the place, and just plain be unorganized. It will be difficult to gather everyone together to hangout, check out each other's cars, or take pics. If we meet in Austin, we can do all of the above and even more (eat/BBQ?). Plus, it'll be cool to caravan down there and roll in to the raceway together.

I think 2 days is a bit much for a meet. A lot of people have other things to do on their weekends, and most wouldn't want to spend the night anywhere. 1 day would be better I think, and have the 2nd day as optional. I say we meet early on Sat the 17th and roll down to San Antonio for the car show after having lunch. Spend that day together, and then those that want to meet up on Sun the 18th for the races can do that too.

The reason I left Fri out of the schedule, is because many of us have to work that day and may not be able to make it.

Any other suggestions?

------------------

'00 WDP TL
K&N filter, Flowmaster mufflers, Neuspeed springs, WW spoiler, PIAA 1200 fogs w/OEM switch, Inspire taillights, M3-style mirrors, Custom grill and headlights
Old 02-23-2001, 03:45 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by Chinaman38:
Hey I'll try to be there. During that week my car's going in the shop for the kit and spoiler to be put on, but I'll try to be there. Have it in Houston cause thats the week of my b-day and Im throwing a party and all TL members welcomed!
Chinaman,
My sister lives in SugarLand off of HWY 6 and West Airport near the Sugar Land Airport. Where abouts do you live?

------------------
Brian =B-)
2000 Accord LX V6 Sedan White - 3,310 lbs w/ driver - 170HP & 160ft/lbs
- Koni Yellows & Eibach Pro-Kit (1.5" drop)
- Red AEM Short RAM Intake (8-10hp & 5-6 ft/lbs gain on a DynoJet)
- Red AEM Tru Power Pulleys (10hp @ 5,600rpms & 11ft/lbs @ 4,600rpms gain on a DynoJet)
- 15.45 @ 88.8mph (Track) [with AEM intake/pulleys] 0-60mph 7.2 sec (G-Tech) [with intake/pulleys]
Old 02-23-2001, 11:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Nopi, had a valid point but having the meet at the IDRC in San Antonio would be quite difficult and would be very unorganized as VDoo stated because everyone will be arriving at different times and we'll all be parked in different places, I agree. I think having the meet at Austin would be better. Plus it would be nice for all those that are going to the IDRC to caravan together. As well we all could go eat BBQ, as Vdo suggested.

VDo, what are some of the other resturants that are around the area? or any other good resturants that you suggest?

I just threw up the idea for 2 days.. just to get some input.. i understand that some people have to work on fridays... Yeah 2 days i think would be quite a bit.. lets just make it saturday, march 17th.

Okay, lets make it at Showplace Lanes, March 17th.

Any time preferences? morning? afternoon? evening?
Any food preferences? just in case we all decided to eat after the meet or something..
Any other suggestions?

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-26-2001, 08:27 AM
Burning Brakes

actually I moved out of sugar land and now live in houston off of westheimer. but my parents live in sugar land off of 59 and williams trace which is about 10 mins from your sister

------------------
Patrick Lee
2001 Acura TL
Old 03-01-2001, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

just trying to keep this thread alive

is this meet going to happen?.. seems quiet.. only had a few response.. was hoping more..

Showplace Lanes, March 17th.

Any time preferences? morning? afternoon? evening?
Any food preferences? just in case we all decided to eat after the meet or something..
Any other suggestions?

if only a few are planning to meet, like 4-5 or so, not sure if its worth driving the distance.
Old 03-01-2001, 02:17 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Yo

I'm new here. I'll try for 4/17, but am not too sure. But i'd really like to see your cars in person cuz I"m looking to put 18's or 19's on and want to see what y'all have. It looks like a lot of us are from Htown.. why don't we have a meet here as well? The Austin thing can still be on but I think this will work well too.. maybe at Miami subs on Saturday or something? I know TL's would be some of the classiest cars there. Tell me what you all think,

Peace

~~~~~~~~
'99 3.2 TL
Black on Black
35% Tint
Ground Effects
Spoiler
Burlwood Shifter
~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Pro

Sorry I missed some of the last comments. I live in Sugar Land also. Sugar Land would be great. Tell me whats up.

Peace
Old 03-01-2001, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Pimpin_TL:
Sorry I missed some of the last comments. I live in Sugar Land also. Sugar Land would be great. Tell me whats up.

Peace
Hey pimpin, where do you go to school? I go to UH. I live in Sugar Land also.

------------------
screw mods...I want a sportbike.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Danny with a silver stock on March 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-01-2001, 02:58 PM
Banned

Shiz-nit, I live in Spring, TX so I'm down. The 17th would work out quite well -- go to Austin to party and see some sweet cars and then roll to SA for some racing. I don't think I'll be entering my all stock TL, but I'll defintely watch. What more could one ask for?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Polyman on March 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-01-2001, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Danny.. i go to UH as well cool

I went to westhiemer a couple weeks ago.. it wasn't that great.. most the cars were cruising and/or racing.. yeah houston meet might be cool.. since most of us are from houston.. the Austin meet was hoping to see other TLs from around Tx...

welcome pimpin_tl and polyman.

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- ordered Apexi N1 WS coilovers =D 1 more week!
Old 03-01-2001, 04:35 PM

weird...I havent seen your car around. Where do you normally park? I drive a silver one (duh) and I got a factory spoiler. I also took off my 3.2TL emblem, so give a honk (or rev, hehe) if you see me.

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 01:46 AM
Pro

Cool

Yo Danny, and Silver!

I go to UH too! Hehe. Cool. TL with Lowenharts? DAMN.... thats what i was thinking but then i saw my wallet. Thats one of my favorite rims though. Much props. Guys, I've seen one modified TL on campus. I'm a business major so most of my classes are in Bauer. I'm sure you guys aren't cuz I would have seen you for almost sure. I've seen one dark green TL with spoiler, one silver with nothing, one black with spoiler, and then mine with body kit and spoiler. I"m pretty sure thats it. The TL i saw was white (or maybe silver?), the guy (or girl) had a touring spoiler on it, and rims, and it was dropped... i can't remember much else, but it was parked in the circular driveway off of Cullen (across from STadium). Silver, I'm like you, I recently got totally into bikes. My friends at UT started a biker crew. Ninjas, R1's, R6's, Suzuks, all that shit. Man, I've seen about 3 Blue R6's on campus... DAMN THATS MY FAVE. Thats one bad ass bike man. I like blue a lot. Actually for the TL blue was my first choice but I settled for black cuz it i got a better deal (i got ground effects, spoiler, and shifter for a lil more than the blue with just the spoiler). But that blue was so sharp (it was at SW Acura). OH well, black on black is phat too! I want to do inspire lights but don't think its worth the $$$ what do y'all think? Sometimes I think i should red out the back like i used to do on my prelude back in da day but then I think the amber and red looks really nice as it is. Aight y'all i'll check back tommorow. Peace
Old 03-02-2001, 08:01 AM

Although Im a business major, Im just a freshman here so all my classes are on the cullen side. And that TL you see parked at the meters is silver and has inspire lettering. Oh and about sportbikes, I dont plan on getting one anytime soon, but sh1t they're so badass. All the checks I get this summer are gonna go towards a Ninja500. Although, I think that blue yamaha on campus is cool as hell, its just too powerful for a newbie rider. Hey, check out www.sportbikes.net, they got a pretty nice forum over there too. laterz

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

the silver TL, with inspire dropped, you see on the stadium side near cullen.. is one of Matt's (ballxnxparlay)friends

I don't drive the TL to UH.. knowing the crazy stuff i hear happen on UH parking.. and the crazy roads.

Think we should have a Houston meet... after the Austin/San Antonio one.. if that's still going to happen... (?)

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Old 03-02-2001, 10:29 AM

Sorry for the late response, but I am definitely down for whenever and wherever!
Lets do this!
Old 03-02-2001, 10:42 AM
Banned

Yo Danny, Silver, and Pimpin_TL

I go to UH as well. It looks like UH is well represented. I see some TL's around, but don't know if they are any of yours. I park out by Moody towers anyway -- don't want any door dings. March 17th and 18th would work out well. I don't know Austin too well, so I am game to meet where ever. I would have no problem meeting anywhere in H-town either (or the burbs).

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Polyman on March 02, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-02-2001, 10:45 AM
Burning Brakes

if the Austin Meet march 17th still going to happen.. then all the Houston TLs/Cls and anyone who else would like to come.. can carvan up to Austin together.. i'll post up another thread to get a total of who all is going to be there.. just using this to get suggestions and etc =)

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Old 03-02-2001, 02:50 PM
Pro

Sup,

Hey you guys need to be careful about the door dings. About 3 months ago, I parked at the Business school (bauer). You guys know how hard parking is so I was just glad to get a spot, i was late and so just took it. Now when I parked, there was actually no car to the left side of my car. After class, I was tired and drove back to my apt. I didn't notice it, but my roomate saw it later... There was one small but visible ding on the front driver's side door... in the back however, there was a HUGE vertical running 3 inch DENT. It looked like someone kicked it in. After much analysis, (and parking my roomies civic parallel to mine and opening the doors) I realized that it wasn't a kick, but actually a huge door dent. Someone really ****ed it up and opened it very aggresively, banging right into my door. After opening both right doors on my friends civic, and parking it on the left of my car, the door edges matched the front and rear dings location exactly. If you look at 4 door cars, you will see the rear doors have a curve to them, that curve is responsible for creating that huge door dent. It will cost over 150 bucks to fix, which i haven't done as yet. So from now on i'm more careful.
Old 03-02-2001, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Pimpin_TL, really sorry to hear that... thats why i don't ever drive the TL to UH its crazy.. especially UH parking, and some ppl could careless about other ppls cars..

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Old 03-05-2001, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey guys,

Havent been posting lately. Im down for a Houston meet, but cant go for the 3/17 meet cuz my work will be in the shop that weekend getting some mods put on. Hey I go to UH too, but then again I go to evening school. I dont see any TL's there, but then again my eyes are terrible at night. Houston meet sounds good, gives me a chance to put a face to everyone and their cars and maybe cruise Westheimer or something.

------------------
Patrick Lee
2001 Acura TL
Old 03-05-2001, 01:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Opps I meant to say my car will be in the shop getting some mods put on.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

If the TL-S really coming in on the 15th, then I'll come with the new car! <grin>
Old 03-06-2001, 03:59 PM
Pro

Sup y'all. Haven't posted in a couple days. I bumped into Ballxparlay this past weekend. It was kind of weird. How many of you all are from First Colony? Aight, when we decide on a Houston date count me in. Peace you all.