While in at the Dealer...anything else i should get fixed??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 02:29 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post While I'm at the Dealer...anything else i should get fixed??!?!

I had my 02 TL-S for 2 months now, and the rattling and sqeaking has started...it will only get worse. I have an appointment with the service dept. to fix the sqeaks...while i'm leaving my car there for the entire day, is there anything else i should tell them to fix/adjust. my list is....

1) sunroom rattle (sunroof closed)
2) passenger side dash sqeak/rattle (glove comp. empty)
3) rear sear sqeak (no one sitting back there)
4) trunk rattle (due to normal driving and not loud music)
5) arm rest would open when road get's bumpy (i know i didn't open it)
6) adjust my headlights because i dropped the car.

anything else...help is appreciated! =)
Old 07-31-2001, 07:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) See if your tail pipes are evenly aligned
2) Threr were 2 recalls on 02 TLs- first, driver side power window controller unit and second, driver side seat belt
3) Power steering fluid level

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:16 PM
Advanced

Rattlinn & Sqeeking

With the exception of the arm rest problem you mention, I continue to have the same issues you posted. I also have crackling noises coming from my driver seat which I suspect is a result of the leather being too tight. I have had my TL-S back to the dealership for various rattles & squeeks three times since I took delivery back in April and I continue to have "phantom" noises. I finally called Acura last week and opened a complaint and I have an appointment with the Acura regional rep next week. As I told Acura, I will take a test drive with the Acura rep, but whether the noises appear or not, I will leave my car with the dealership for 4 days and expect them to finally fix the problems. There is no way that Acura can't be aware of these "common" problems and, as such, they must know how to fix them. I truly do love my car and can't wait for it be quiet. I would appreciate to hear how you made out.

Regards:

TLDan
Aegean Blue
02-TL S
Old 08-04-2001, 12:32 PM
Instructor

One of the two squeaks you referred to might be coming from the seat belt anchor. A lot of people had that problem, including myself. You might as well complain about that while your're at it, even if you don't hear anything, because you probably will. But it's also an easy fix. Just spray some WD-40 in the seat belt anchor, and the squeaking will hopefully disappear.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:44 PM
Cruisin'

wow

I am not even sure if mine rattles at all cause i am always cranking the tunes hehe. I noticed that the AC blows so hard it effects the music a tad until you drown it out all the way.

I did notice a rattle in my moonroof in my other car. My solution after fighting with the dealer was to "almost" close it. If i kept it a tad cracked where you wouldn't even notice it, it kept rattling for me.

doc
Old 08-04-2001, 01:07 PM
Drifting

I've had my driver's seat base (the part with the motors) replaced because it would click each time I accelerate. I wonder if that's the "crackling" that you're hearing.
Old 08-04-2001, 04:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Well I don't have one yet... but I remember some folks here warning people to check the air pressure in their tires, too. Something about Acura over-filling them for the ride from the factory to the dealer. At least you don't have to go to the dealer for this one!

V.
Old 08-05-2001, 04:03 AM
Instructor

I havent noticed any real rattles from my tls, not saying mine is special, Im probably not paying enough attention. I have noticed some strange noises coming from the pwr seats. When I am adjusting them I sometimes hear a distinct clicking noise. The first time I heard it I thought it either came off the track or I was crushing a 2-liter bottle or something. They still seem to work fine.