Where's All the Cali People?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's All the Cali People?

Hey, I was just wondering, where's all the Cali people at? I'm a regular visitor of this site, although my post count does not classify me as one. I frequent the site everyday just to keep up with all the news and latest buzz.

But recently, I've noticed a trend: a lot of Eastcoat-dominant users here, most of them situated in New York or Florida. I find that number disturbing because California is one of the most populace states and yet there's not a strong presence of TL-S owners.

Don't you find that odd? I mean, come on. We are talking about California here; the economy depends and evolves around us HAHHH. Or am I just missing the threads So-Cal residents are posting?

Anyway, I'm not hating--Eastcoast do your thing.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:06 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most So Cal peeps are MIA...haha....busy busy people.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Most like to hang out out doors rather than sit around going through forums
Old 03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Instructor

I'm a new SoCal TL-S owner and I'm in 'da house!
Old 03-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Oh, one more thing lodoss22. I got my TL-S from Cerritos Acura. What is the dealer that you go to? How much for an oil change?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

<---- Northern Cali
Old 03-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nor Cal...but soon to be So Cal
Old 03-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Advanced

I have a 02 TLS, live in Orange Co. Anyone know of a place to service these cars outside of the dealerships? I'm tired of their lies and shoddy service! This is my first and last Acura. I know, lots of features at a reasonable price but in the end it is all about quality and this car just does not have it!!! As a side note, my wife bought an Accord coupe ( CL ?) and we have been waiting 6 months for parts to repair the sunroof. Perhaps Honda should send their engineering and quality people to Toyota City for a little education.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by kgoessling
I have a 02 TLS, live in Orange Co. Anyone know of a place to service these cars outside of the dealerships? I'm tired of their lies and shoddy service! This is my first and last Acura. I know, lots of features at a reasonable price but in the end it is all about quality and this car just does not have it!!! As a side note, my wife bought an Accord coupe ( CL ?) and we have been waiting 6 months for parts to repair the sunroof. Perhaps Honda should send their engineering and quality people to Toyota City for a little education.
Aw, crap. I just got my TL-S. Maybe I should've gotten the G35 - I didn't have any dealer problems with my old Maxima. Can you elaborate on which dealers you have been going to and what problems you have been having with your Acura?
Old 03-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Bought mine @ Weir Canyon Acura (Anaheim Hills). Problems: just waiting for the trans to fail (hope no one gets hurt), hard starting, sunroof rattle, interior rattles, rags for tires, traction control failed, driver's side window cycles up and down and stops in the down position. Check the "sign the petition" at the beginning of this forum. People on this site seem to agree, gee we only paid 32K for this vehicle, what do you expect?
Old 03-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Pauli
Oh, one more thing lodoss22. I got my TL-S from Cerritos Acura. What is the dealer that you go to? How much for an oil change?
Wow, I'm surprised you bought it at Cerritos Acura! I'm not saying the service were bad, but they tried to rip me off. I had a strong desire to purchase a 2003 Aegean Blue Pearl, but the problem was they felt that they had the incentives to charge me more because it was their last ABP and it was a showroom-car.

This was in June of 2002. My uncle, who was my negotiator (hey I'm young), spoke for hours and they were not offering us an attractive deal. Culminate that with a Laker-game on the horizon, we just couldn't deal with them and departed.

An ugly day, not only did we return home without a car, but we also managed to miss the first quarter of the game. I conducted some more research and placed massive phone calls inquiring the dealers their offer. I discovered that Tustin Acura was offering the most attractive deal because at the time they were doing a major renovation to the site and thus they had to get rid of some cars on the lot. Ever since then, I've been enjoying my car.

Oh, Pauli, I don't get my oil change by the dealer. I have my brother do it for me. I suspect the price range should be $20 to $30. It's probably better to have someone else that you know do it because the dealers are incompetent or otherwise ruthless in handling your car.

P. S. Glad to hear another TL-S owner coming aboard from So-Cal.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Racer

I have a 02 TLS, live in Orange Co. I'm tired of their lies and shoddy service! Perhaps Honda should send their engineering and quality people to Toyota City for a little education.
HAHHH.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been avoiding them ever since I had my first service performed by Tustin Acura. At the time my car was barely 5-7 days old. As I was driving home, I noticed minor scratches and cuts on my interior lether. I know for a fact that I did not cause it.

But as always, you have no evidence to argue your case against the dealers. It's a shame because these people act like they are your best friends, ie bring you bottle of water and colas, while negotiating on a price. But the moment you purchase a car from them, they treat you like a POS, nothing but a vile consumer.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Racer

Nor Kal here.....

Laters

EvoRTL-S (I N S P I R E D) TL TypeS :p

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 03-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Bought mine @ Weir Canyon Acura (Anaheim Hills). Problems: just waiting for the trans to fail (hope no one gets hurt), hard starting, sunroof rattle, interior rattles, rags for tires, traction control failed, driver's side window cycles up and down and stops in the down position. Check the "sign the petition" at the beginning of this forum. People on this site seem to agree, gee we only paid 32K for this vehicle, what do you expect?
Man, sounds like you got a lemon. I hope my rig doesn't start acting up like yours has. Whatever happened to Acura quality? I had an '87 Integra that I kept for 184,000 miles with almost no problems until the end (the 5th gear went out and I decided to upgrade to a Maxima). Maybe because the car is now mostly American-made is the reason quality control is lacking.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by lodoss22

Wow, I'm surprised you bought it at Cerritos Acura! I'm not saying the service were bad, but they tried to rip me off. I had a strong desire to purchase a 2003 Aegean Blue Pearl, but the problem was they felt that they had the incentives to charge me more because it was their last ABP and it was a showroom-car.

This was in June of 2002. My uncle, who was my negotiator (hey I'm young), spoke for hours and they were not offering us an attractive deal. Culminate that with a Laker-game on the horizon, we just couldn't deal with them and departed.

An ugly day, not only did we return home without a car, but we also managed to miss the first quarter of the game. I conducted some more research and placed massive phone calls inquiring the dealers their offer. I discovered that Tustin Acura was offering the most attractive deal because at the time they were doing a major renovation to the site and thus they had to get rid of some cars on the lot. Ever since then, I've been enjoying my car.

Oh, Pauli, I don't get my oil change by the dealer. I have my brother do it for me. I suspect the price range should be $20 to $30. It's probably better to have someone else that you know do it because the dealers are incompetent or otherwise ruthless in handling your car.

P. S. Glad to hear another TL-S owner coming aboard from So-Cal.
I think the Tranny issue and the fact that the '04 models will be out soon has softened Cerritos Acura up a bit. They were VERY willing to deal on the TL and TL-S. Plus, they didn't try to lowball me on the trade-in. Heh, it's funny, I got the same treatment as you did from the Infiniti dealer across the street (I was considering the G35). They kept saying "Car of the year" and were not willing to deal at all. Plus they only offered me $3800 for my Maxima and said it needed clutchwork. So I bailed and went across the street and picked up my TL-S.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:07 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised you bought it at Cerritos Acura! I'm not saying the service were bad, but they tried to rip me off.
They tried ripping me off too... They wanted to sell me a TL-S with 3k miles on it as a "new" car. They said because it was driven around with a "dealer plate" and was never registered, it wasn't considered used. They wouldn't go down much for it... even though they had 3k miles... (I bet the owner probably took it to Vegas a couple times... and where ever else). Anyway, they called me several times... but would only go down a few bucks here and there... I got irritated and ended up buying from Thomas Acura in Covina, and actually got a pretty good deal on it.

BTW, I'm in South Orange County- Capo Beach.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Instructor

Cerritos Acura sucks ass, avoid them at all cost! They don't even offer complimentary loaners.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Where's All the Cali People?

Hey, I was just wondering, where's all the Cali people at?
Ha! If they're like me they're looking for work!

V.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Advanced

So-Cal native and though I don't post much here, I do check in every few days or so. Bought my ABP baby at Downey Acura and have the car serviced at Thomas in Covina.

Iwould post more often but with all the great weather we have here, gotta go out to play. J/K Eastcoasters!
Old 03-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Re: Re: Where's All the Cali People?

Originally posted by vperkins2
Ha! If they're like me they're looking for work!

V.
<----- Yes
Old 03-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
One more here but in the San Fernando valley, anyone around here?
Old 03-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I am in Burbank. Bought my TL-S in Pasadena.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:39 AM
Instructor

Wow, I'm surprised you bought it at Cerritos Acura! I'm not saying the service were bad, but they tried to rip me off.
I guess I might be the only one that likes Cerritos Acura. I bought my 03 TLS AM from them and got a good deal. Also, when I picked up my car there were scuff marks on the lower part of the doors. So, the fleet manager offered to drive me down to Enterprise so he could rent me car and just keep the TLS an extra day so they could buff out the marks. I also got 6 free tanks of gas!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Hey TL909-

I am so far pleased with Cerritos Acura as well, but I have not had any service done so far, so I don't have any experience with their service dept.

I'm curious about the deal you got. I got the same vehicle as you did (one week ago). I made the deal at $29,400 (with the wheel locks and mud guards that all of their cars have). If you don't mind, could you tell me what you paid? I would like to know if I could have had a better deal (just to torture myself). Oh, they did give me a decent offer on my trade-in, so that might not make it an apples-to-apples comparison. I did, however, negotiate the car price separately.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Instructor

I paid $31,300 for my 03 TLS w/Navi. I guess you got the better deal then at $29,400.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by TL909
I paid $31,300 for my 03 TLS w/Navi. I guess you got the better deal then at $29,400.
Actually, it's about the same deal because I don't have Navi. The invoice price of the Navi is $2047 higher than the non-Navi and you paid $1900 more than I did. Maybe you even got a slightly better deal than me.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Mr. Self Destruct

San Diego here. That's still SoCal right?
Old 03-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Anyone from Aliso Viejo?
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Racer

hacienda Heights right here!!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:14 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,483 Posts
Originally posted by fortunate
Anyone from Aliso Viejo?
Capo. Beach/Dana Point, here...
Old 03-17-2003, 11:59 PM

sOUTH bAY So Cal. Anyone from the area know of any good performance shops around L.A.?
Old 03-18-2003, 02:53 AM
Instructor

orange, ca
Old 03-18-2003, 12:01 PM
3rd Gear

Bay Area here! Got my 2003 TLS from Hopkins Acura in Redwood City
Old 06-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kgoessling
I totally agree with you. Acura has bad service. They need to have a better, higher service standard. They need to learn at least from toyota. considering luxury cars, they need to learn from Lexus, "Service First". Acura CEO, Customer Services Managers, Financial Officers, you need to think for your company long run. don't just think of today profits, think of the future and long run profits.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:59 PM
NorCal you Beezy!

Frisco... Yay Area... Thizz is what it is!

Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Also So. California. Currently residing in Riverside county. Bought my Tls from Cerritos Acura.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Intermediate

bay area representing
anyone know of a good performance shop around n. cal?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:16 PM
i

so cal here all the time
Old 06-24-2005, 03:45 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

yayay~
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Lights...camera...Burbank!

Quick Reply: Where's All the Cali People?