When will Acura get its act together

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 06:54 PM

Post When will Acura get its act together

As far as i know no acura sedan has a manual transmission. Yet the put them in the integra and nsx coupe. When will Acura built a sedan the way god intended with a five speed manual and rear wheel drive. Is any one at ACURA listening make it and we will buy them!

Since i mentioned the nsx, does any one hear own one or ever driven one? They must be a howl to drive.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Lil Miss TL on April 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-01-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen II Legends had 6 speeds, and they came in both sedan and coupe, but they were fwd. Nonetheless they could hang with today's CL/TL Type S. And that was what? 5 years ago?

Dont feel too bad about not having a manual, we're really in the wrong market for it. Lexus is only now bringing their first manual to the US Shores, the 2002 IS300. And Mercedes only has 2 Manuals that I know of, 4 cylinder C-series, and the newer SLK's. Even cars like the GS400, E55, and C43 don't have manuals but are some of the fastest cars in their market.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

wow, maybe b/c they can't read what you are trying to say.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor,
35% Smoke Metallic Tint, Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-disc cd-changer

In da works...
Video in my Navi Kit. & Playstation 2(Almost Done)
New Paint Job(Should be done this Wednesday)
JL Audio 12w6 Sub. & Audiobahn A1800E Amp.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:01 PM
Instructor

I've driven an NSX, unfortunately it was one of the few automatics that they made. However the car did handle very well. It is wierd being that close to the ground in a car.

------------------
99 Silver TL, Navi, Foglights, Gutter Guard Grill
Old 04-01-2001, 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by tshields2:
I've driven an NSX, unfortunately it was one of the few automatics that they made. However the car did handle very well. It is wierd being that close to the ground in a car.
Yeah. Didn't realize how low the NSX is til one got behind my TL. Makes my car feel like an SUV.

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Lil Miss TL:
As far as i know no acura sedan has a manual transmission. Yet the put them in the integra and nsx sedan. When will Acura built a sedan the way god intended with a five speed manual and rear wheel drive. Is any one at ACURA listening make and we will buy them!

Since i mentioned the nsx, does any one hear own one or ever driven one? They must be a howl to drive.
NSX, gotta love the car.. once you take it for a spin you'll never want to get out..

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Nighthawk Black Pearl
- 18's Lowenharts LGM Chrome (3 piece)
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 04-01-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro

Lil Miss TL - You are the perfect woman. Manual transmission, rear wheel drive - Perfection... Perfection...
Old 04-01-2001, 08:03 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by drbeatty:
Lil Miss TL - You are the perfect woman. Manual transmission, rear wheel drive - Perfection... Perfection...
Old 04-01-2001, 08:52 PM
Ain't No Other...

Wink

As far as i know no acura sedan has a manual transmission. Yet the put them in the integra and nsx sedan. When will Acura built a sedan the way god intended with a five speed manual and rear wheel drive. Is any one at ACURA listening make and we will buy them!

Damn you are sexy...do you have any pics of yourself?!?!? If you do, please feel free to post them...under the heading, SinnedTL only!!!

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL, 17x7.5 ATP wheels with Pirelli 215/50/17 P7000SS, H&R OE springs, OEM spoiler, K&N filter, Tint all Around. Inspire Foglight Switch, PIAA 1700X fogs, Polarg M-12 corners.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:59 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet the put them in the integra and nsx sedan.
Would someone please enlighten me?? I didn't know NSX came in a Sedan version. Is that the NSX-T?? I can't find any pics on it..
This is really buggin me.

------------------
"Knowledge is potential, Action is power."
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 04-01-2001, 09:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
NSX is only available as a 2 door sports car, manual or auto(but auto is not as powerful)...
Liutang, Imagine how I feel in my modded, lowered Miata!
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...
= ------------------&gt;
Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 04-01-2001, 09:09 PM
Pro

There is an S2000 based coupe/sedan in the works, which obviously is RWD and maybe available with a six/five-speed manual...this should go head-to-head with the BMW 3-series/Lexus IS-series.

Here is the link that speaks of it:
http://www.vtec.net/news/items/635.html

There is no NSX sedan....

------------------
2000 Naples Gold 3.2TL/Navi - Factory Stock but with up-graded tires
Old 04-01-2001, 09:12 PM

Congratulations to bdimc2001 who felt it was neccessary not to correct me but try to be little me. Your hours of sitting by yourself and memorizing all of the stats out of the back of motor trend have paid off. It was clearly a typo on my part that the NSX came in a sedan.

With bdimc2001's ignorance aside, i was just curious if Acura had any intentions of making one of their sedans in a manual version.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Lil Miss TL on April 01, 2001 @ ]</font>

Old 04-01-2001, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I believe the TL and CL may be available in the future in manual, but who knows?
Ed
Old 04-01-2001, 09:22 PM
Pro

Congratulations to bdimc2001 who felt it was neccessary not to correct me but try to be little me. Your hours of sitting by yourself and memorizing all of the stats out of the back of motor trend have paid off. It was clearly a typo on my part that the NSX came in a sedan.

With bdimc2001's ignorance aside, i was just curious if Acura had any intentions of making one of their sedans in a manual version.

In case you missed the earlier post...

There is an S2000 based coupe/sedan in the works, which obviously is RWD and maybe available with a six/five-speed manual...this should go head-to-head with the BMW 3-series/Lexus IS-series.

Here is the link that speaks of it: http://www.vtec.net/news/items/635.html

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 09:28 PM

So those off you that have driven the NSX, how fast to you get it up to? Even at 100 i bet that thing rides smooth
Old 04-01-2001, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I doubt that Acura will ever make a RWD mainstream car, or even a stick shift luxo sedan.

Aside from us enthusiasts (a minority), few others would buy such a xar in manual shift. As for RWD, most slobs don't care or understand.

Look at the Porsche 928 - only 15% were sold with stick shift in America. Come to think of it, if I could only have one car (which is me right now), I'd choose an automatic. If I could afford a second car, it'd be a stick shift roadster for fun.

I've driven sticks for years, and just got sick of fighting urban traffic working a clutch. Still, people who have ridden with me call me the king of the clutch, and I still appreciate a nice progressive clutch and tight box, but I'm 31 and can afford a car that's powerful enough not to need a manual transmission - the TL!

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 04-01-2001, 10:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with Gomez, my last car was a 98 CL 5sp and i just got tired of shifting. I drive to work everyday and stick shift in stop and go traffic is a b!t$h!

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
  • Comptech springs
  • Inspire tailights
  • Weapon-R hyper intake
  • Burlwood shift knob
  • Razo carbon fiber pedals
  • Inspire fog light switch (no fogs yet)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by NBP TL on April 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-01-2001, 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

she's a feisty one huh? I likes...sup Lil Miss TL? Trade pics?
Old 04-01-2001, 11:26 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by 1999TL:
she's a feisty one huh? I likes...sup Lil Miss TL? Trade pics?
Must.... not.... say.... anything....
Old 04-01-2001, 11:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Your Welcome. At least you noticed me out of all the guys . It's April Fools Day, plus I didn't want to spend hours correcting your spelling and grammar. I hated doing that in High School and will never do that again.

Also I don't do the ass kissing thing very well, like everyone else b/c you are the only girl in here.
------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor,
35% Smoke Metallic Tint, Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-disc cd-changer

In da works...
Video in my Navi Kit. & Playstation 2(Almost Done)
New Paint Job(Should be done this Wednesday)
JL Audio 12w6 Sub. & Audiobahn A1800E Amp.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by bdimc2001 on April 02, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-02-2001, 12:59 AM
tea elle

Wink

had a '94 Legend before my TL. Didn't really care for the six speed that much. More hassle than it was worth.

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Old 04-02-2001, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by bdimc2001:
Your Welcome. At least you noticed me out of all the guys . It's April Fools Day, plus I didn't want to spend hours correcting your spelling and grammar. I hated doing that in High School and will never do that again.

Also I don't do the ass kissing thing very well, like everyone else b/c you are the only girl in here.
Wow this guy sounds like a real blast to talk with, it must be nice to be of such superior intelligence then every one else. We should be honored to have some one as smart as bdimc2001 to look over the spelling and grammar contained in our posts.

Old 04-02-2001, 02:07 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow this guy sounds like a real blast to talk with, it must be nice to be of such superior intelligence then every one else. We should be honored to have some one as smart as bdimc2001 to look over the spelling and grammar contained in our posts.

OUCH!!!!!

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads. Mugen front grille. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 04-02-2001, 03:50 AM

On the Internet... spelling and grammar tends to seperate the fools from the experienced.

Just a hint...
Old 04-02-2001, 09:04 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

LOL... this is unbelievable... she is feisty... and she bites...
Those of you who wanted her pictures... be careful... she might be a monster...

------------------
Out on parole and on best behavior...
Old 04-02-2001, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by v_i_s_i_o_n:
NSX, gotta love the car.. once you take it for a spin you'll never want to get out..

That is oh so very true.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

So those off you that have driven the NSX, how fast to you get it up to? Even at 100 i bet that thing rides smooth
Yes, even above that figure you mentioned it handles beautifully... You don't even know you're going that fast, and lets just say it doesn't take very long to get there at all.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

I would expect that they might toy with a manual at some point, but when who knows. I really doubt that they'll move the whole line to RWD, I just don't see it happening...
Old 04-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Pro

Lightbulb

If they could bring out an All-wheel-drive version of the TL-s in sport-wagon form (similar to the 5-series sport-wagon), with the VTM-4 AWD system from the MDX, and a Limited-slip-differential, with the Navigation system, I would be a HAPPY CAMPER !!! And trade-in my TL in the blink of an eye....especially if it were priced at around 34-35K...

Incidentally, the VTM-4 AWD system, weighs just about 200 lbs, which should not affect gas mileage by much....especially since the AWD system is a torque-on-demand Electro-mechanical system to the 4-wheels and seamlessly kicks in during acceleration and BEFORE slippage occurs ... thus avoiding the wear and tear on componentry and poor gas mileage of full-time 4WD systems...

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hunter001 on April 02, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-02-2001, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nate:
Must.... not.... say.... anything....
LoL

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 04-02-2001, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

OUCH! LoL

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 04-02-2001, 08:20 PM
Racer

As far as i know no acura sedan has a manual transmission. Yet the put them in the integra and nsx coupe. When will Acura built a sedan the way god intended with a five speed manual and rear wheel drive. Is any one at ACURA listening make it and we will buy them!

What do u mean by "God intended"?????
Look at its competitors, ES300, I30, Diamante, 300M, Mellenia, Aurora V6, Bonneville, now do they offer any kind of MANUAL at all. Why? The people who buys and entry level luxury sports are not looking at buy in a sports car, and don't need a manual most of the time. Want a manual go for BMW or Volvo, cause I seriously don't see anything wrong with the way Acura is going. And I don't see them making a stick for TL either. Hey, u got to know that Honda itself is not really the biggest auto producer of the world. I am very impressed the Honda are still doing quite good without having to be merged with the American big 3. Like all most all the other companies do, even Toyota is going to be involve on building the Pontiac Vibe. I sometimes wonder, if say GM is suffering from bad design( say the Aztec, Sunfire ) or Olds gone all together, than why not just let them them rot and die. No, Americans, because the baby boomer are still the ones holding the check books. And if they themself don't support the Big 3 who else will. People are still buying trucks like they are totally nuts. Lincoln and Caddy are coming out with Blackwood and some stuff. USA are still as strong as ever, the economy is the biggest and the strongest and I don't see it weakening anytime soon. I don't agree with many people who say the 21th century is gonna be the century for Chinese, eventhough I am a Chinses myself. No, China are not catching up, no they are not.

Old 04-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

Damn son, all yall niggaz would leave your wives at home to spend one evening with lil miss TL ... OMG, Lil miss TL, I talked to Snook and were making you our Acura-TL.com calendar girl ... If you are interested forreal forreal, you have to let us ssee the pic, okay??? Na but that would be tha $hit if we had a Ac' TL Calendar girl, and she was hott, and fiesty ...

S.Holla for that dolla' ...

------------------
2001 Acura TL/Nighthawk Black/Einkei AKA 17's/Nitto Extreme 450's (225/17/50)Type-S Shifter/Spoiler/AEM CAI w/Bypass Valve/Custom Grille/ Riceboy AcuraPads/ SuperSonicSpark$/ Pix real soon!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 10:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Man she's got a hell of an attitude. I was only joking. Damn she can't take a joke. Oh well. All you guys know that I've been around alot longer then her and have taken lots of sh!t from people ex. IS300.net folks, our good buddy Shyne and a few others.

But through all that I've stuck around because the majority are really good quality folks here cept me. So Lil Miss, piss off wit your attitude or stick around and we'll get to know each other better You gotta learn to take a joke, for real.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navigation
NightHawk Black Pearl Exterior, Ebony Leather.
  • Sunroof Visor
  • 35% Johnson & Johnson Metallic Tint All Around
  • Acura Burlwood Shiftknob
  • Alpine CHM-S620 6-Disc CD-Changer
    In da works...
  • Video in my Navi Kit.
  • Playstation 2
  • New Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint
  • JL Audio 12w6 Subwoofer
  • Audiobahn A1800E Amplifier
Old 04-02-2001, 10:34 PM
Safety Car

Ya, I had to kick a few asses when I first got here.
Old 04-02-2001, 11:17 PM
Racer

TL-S with AWD and NAV?
That's an interesting idea.....but wouldn't you think the price would be more like 36-37?
TL-S with NAV is currectly almost 34.
The AWD is worth at least 2k.
Old 04-02-2001, 11:32 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hunter001:
If they could bring out an All-wheel-drive version of the TL-s in sport-wagon form (similar to the 5-series sport-wagon), with the VTM-4 AWD system from the MDX, and a Limited-slip-differential, with the Navigation system, I would be a HAPPY CAMPER !!! And trade-in my TL in the blink of an eye....especially if it were priced at around 34-35K...

Incidentally, the VTM-4 AWD system, weighs just about 200 lbs, which should not affect gas mileage by much....especially since the AWD system is a torque-on-demand Electro-mechanical system to the 4-wheels and seamlessly kicks in during acceleration and BEFORE slippage occurs ... thus avoiding the wear and tear on componentry and poor gas mileage of full-time 4WD systems...

I'll take it in a heartbeat... up to $40K...

------------------
Out on parole and on best behavior...
Old 04-02-2001, 11:55 PM
Pro

Originally posted by FlyingPig:
TL-S with AWD and NAV?
That's an interesting idea.....but wouldn't you think the price would be more like 36-37?
TL-S with NAV is currectly almost 34.
The AWD is worth at least 2k.
Actually if you look at it, the much larger and bulkier MDX (similar engine and transmission to the TL/TL-s) is available from 34-38K, which has the trip-computer, Navigation system etc. The touring package of the MDX has the eight way power adjustment for the driver/passenger (the driver has it in the base version) and the reverse-tilting mirrors, in addition to an infinitely configurable interior....the back-seats fold down flat, the middle seats fold down flat into the floor and you can drop the passenger seat also down....and it is expected to get a 5-star crash rating from both the Insurance Institute and also the Government crash rating agency....the MDX is a bit too large for me, however....the only thing that is missing in the MDX (even though the TL has it), are HIDs.....and the VSA of the TL-s...

So, 34-35K is do-able...

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hunter001 on April 02, 2001 @ ]</font>