wheel shakes/vibrates ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wheel shakes/vibrates ?

I don't know if this should be posted in the tires, wheels and suspension section but if so admins please go ahead and move it.

I am lowered on F&F1's and lately (about a month) I've been noticing a shaking/rattling feeling/noise in my back right tire. I checked all my bushings etc everything looks fine. On my tire I see no abnormal wear though, it looks fine.
When I drive down a bumpy road, go over potholes etc. It really rattles. It doesn't sound TOO bad.. but I always like to fix things before they get out of hand.

I recently got my tires aligned aswell and my mechanic told me he saw nothing. I was thinking maybe a blown strut? But I don't see any fluid leaking... so I don't know.

If I can't find a resolution I was just going to take it to Acura and have them tell me exactly the issue but if it's something I can fix on my own, I'd rather that.

Thanks!!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 505 Likes on 378 Posts
Is it possibly not tire related but the muffler loose?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicks2001tl
Is it possibly not tire related but the muffler loose?
hmm, never thought of that. I will check though.
Also I forgot to note in the post, but I get outside the car and shake my trunk on the left side, then right. And when I mean shake, I mean pushing down on the trunk/quarterpanel making the car bounce.

I notice the left side is nice and firm, while the right is almost twice as bouncy. A noticeable difference I should say.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
blown shock for sure. happened to me.

Take the shock off the car, place both hands on the top hat and put all your weight on it, pushing the whole thing down towards the ground. If it moves AT ALL, it's blown. Take it to them and they will replace it asap.

IF you live in So Cal and take it to them DIRECTLY, they will do it the same day (I recommend staying within the area). If not, it's a $75 deposit, you send them the shock, they replace the shock itself, and send it back to you.

Or you can open a passenger door and step on the door and bounce, they should both be firm. If one makes a knock it will be the shock. Remember you have a whole year to replace up to 3 shocks. I recommend using them :}

Last edited by HairyMonkey019; 01-27-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
blown shock for sure. happened to me.

Take the shock off the car, place both hands on the top hat and put all your weight on it, pushing the whole thing down towards the ground. If it moves AT ALL, it's blown. Take it to them and they will replace it asap.

IF you live in So Cal and take it to them DIRECTLY, they will do it the same day (I recommend staying within the area). If not, it's a $75 deposit, you send them the shock, they replace the shock itself, and send it back to you.

Or you can open a passenger door and step on the door and bounce, they should both be firm. If one makes a knock it will be the shock. Remember you have a whole year to replace up to 3 shocks. I recommend using them :}
thanks dude I'll look into my shocks now.
I don't live in SoCal, who do you mean they? You mean F&F?
I got them over a year and a half ago, So I'm sure any warranty is done. I'm almost positive the coilovers are fine, may just be the shock..