whats the holdup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post whats the holdup?

I live in Orange County and i'm very interested in buying a tl type-s. i went to tustin acura and they gave me 30, 348 which was too high for me. i ended up going to local dealerships around me but nobody has any instock!!! all the dealers say there is a 2 week holdup at a port...i thought tl type-s were assembeled in the US? is acura witholding stock to drive the prices up??? i need to buy by the end of may because my daughter is taking my current car to college with her...if bought in the Orange County area plz contact me....bioyuki@socal.rr.com
Old 05-06-2001, 01:21 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bioyuki:
I live in Orange County and i'm very interested in buying a tl type-s. i went to tustin acura and they gave me 30, 348 which was too high for me. i ended up going to local dealerships around me but nobody has any instock!!! all the dealers say there is a 2 week holdup at a port...i thought tl type-s were assembeled in the US? is acura witholding stock to drive the prices up??? i need to buy by the end of may because my daughter is taking my current car to college with her...if bought in the Orange County area plz contact me....bioyuki@socal.rr.com
I was told last week by a columbus, oh dealer that they are holding over 4,000 tls at the marysville plant because of rear window problems. yesterday a dayton area dealer told me they are holding tl-s for driver side window switch problems. that is why all dealers are getting short on inventory.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:40 AM
Instructor

I am almost certain that Acura is limiting the numbers out there to hold a certain value and price for the Type S. This of course had a bad and good side.

I know my dealership has a couple in stock, or at least holding them for someone. If you are interested just send me an email and I'll give you more info.
Old 05-06-2001, 10:58 AM

I was told by a dealer this week that Acura is holding the cars at the plant to fix a recall problem. The dealer has been waiting for cars for 3 weeks now and does not know when they are coming. I am very frustrated as I have been trying to buy an Agean Blue w/nav this week and no one has one. If anyone knows anything more, please post.
Old 05-06-2001, 12:16 PM

Cool

Originally posted by MLPCA:
Picked up my TL-S w/ nav last week. Dealer told me I was lucky, they are holding production due to over ordering. Won't begin production again till beginning of July.
It sounds odd to me that Acura will hold production because of over odering. I would think that Acura will increase production to meet the demand to make more money.

BTW, I live in central NJ. Did you get a good deal?

Old 05-06-2001, 03:27 PM

"I was told last week by a columbus, oh dealer that they are holding over 4,000 tls at the marysville plant because of rear window problems. yesterday a dayton area dealer told me they are holding tl-s for driver side window switch problems. that is why all dealers are getting short on inventory."

I've been told the same thing here in Cincinnati. I find it more concerning that the dealer can't get a projected ship date - my car was supposed to be built during the April 25-30 production run.

If anyone gets an update on ship dates, please post.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by MUredskin on May 06, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-06-2001, 11:58 PM
Advanced

Picked up my TL-S w/ nav last week. Dealer told me I was lucky, they are holding production due to over ordering. Won't begin production again till beginning of July.
Old 05-07-2001, 07:49 PM
Advanced

The dealer said they are so far behind in production that they need to stop orders until they can catch up. Won't take orders now unless you can wait till end of July/August. I ordered mine in beginning of March, arrived 4/25. Deal was good, OTD price with spoiler, tax & reg was under MSRP.