what mods would you suggest me to add on my car for 2005 shows?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what mods would you suggest me to add on my car for 2005 shows?

the biggest and baddest car show in hawaii is coming up in august. the show is called street car showoff. in 2003 i took home 2nd place acura, in 2004 i took home 1st place acura. what mods would you guys suggest me to add for this year? i probably need to attend this show, to represent our car crew pimplux and represent dunlop (i am sponsored by dunlop tires). but i don't want to look the same as last show.

this is my mod list:
http://www.acurainspired.com/forums/...CODE=12&CID=39

is not 100% updated but most of it is there
let me know guys and gals
Old 02-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

do a headlight tailight conversion. maybe the skyline gt3 headlights and tailight. Your car is pretty clean now and you dont want to overdo it so maybe something small but noticeable would be the way to go. or do over your audio system.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:35 AM
USMC Butterbars

I gotta disagree with the skyline taillight idea. I think that is too ricey. Maybe a custom paint job? You're engine bay seems a little bland. Maybe paint some components to match the body paint? Nothing too extreme, just an accent. But i gotta say, you're TL is CLLLEEEAN and CLassy. I don't think there's much left to do, you seem to have every mod out there..lol.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:08 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

I think you have come to a point where you have to make a decision.

You have the choice to leave your car like it is now, risking not taking first place at shows... OR buy new mods that will probably overkill the classy/clean/nice look of your TL-S.

Judges rarely judge cars by the level of class/"clean-est" they have.. but by the look/SHOW factor... that means custom paint, bling bling, flashy colors, outrageous body kits, etc... Your car is very very nice as it is, why would you want to kill the look only to get trophees? that's my point of view.

Now, there's maybe one thing you could add that would not kill the look and might give you some extra points... Big Brake Kit!

whatever you do, make sure to keep us updated!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Banned

-value sport body kit. the sides and back should fit fine and custom mount the front (i know this one is a long shot )

-canovers

-shaved door handles

-suicide the rear doors

-re-paint your silver trim to WDP

-endless BBK (it's not listed on their website, but they make it )

-comptech S/C or custom turbo
Old 02-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Banned

monitors
Old 02-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 55M2G7L
monitors
he already has 3 i believe. headunit and 2 headrest.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:11 AM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.trickflasher.com/2005/doubletake.htm <--thats pretty nice!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
You have the choice to leave your car like it is now, risking not taking first place at shows... OR buy new mods that will probably overkill the classy/clean/nice look of your TL-S.
I have to agree with @cur@-TL. I think you've got awesome mods to your car. The one thing I do think you're missing is a BBK -- Brembos will fit and since you've got 18s, you're OK ... I know Astro had problems with the brakes clearing his 18" Volks (I have them now) and got 5mm spacers ...
Old 02-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
supercharger? canovers? custom widebody? 3.5 conversion, shave handles, choptop or convertible? i guess it all depends on the money you have, but down here in New Orleans theres a guy with a four door civic convertible and it looks hot with the top down, i sometimes try to imagine my TL with a convertible top...
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Racer

No, no, no, noooooooo!!!!

Just add a "MILF" to it. It will catch candy eye
Old 02-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Racer

how about supercharger and oem black grain whelel? and hid fogs? how abour rear view camera?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro

Judges rarely judge cars by the level of class/"clean-est" they have.. but by the look/SHOW factor... that means custom paint, bling bling, flashy colors, outrageous body kits, etc... Your car is very very nice as it is, why would you want to kill the look only to get trophees? that's my point of view.

Now, there's maybe one thing you could add that would not kill the look and might give you some extra points... Big Brake Kit!

I totally agree with him, is like playing need for speed underground somehow..need outrageous body kits and such to get visual point. I havent seen any pics of you car, but according to mod list its pretty clean. Maybe a sc or a new paint job perhaps
Old 02-25-2005, 12:15 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -Rz-UA5
I totally agree with him, is like playing need for speed underground somehow..need outrageous body kits and such to get visual point. I havent seen any pics of you car, but according to mod list its pretty clean. Maybe a sc or a new paint job perhaps
PAINT JOB
Old 02-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i say dont enter the show....why you may ask? because im entering the show this year and youll be my competition, white against white...and i know your cars way more sick than mines..its bad enough 01TLRyder is entering as well...now i got 2 TL's to compete with....if all goes well though (19' vienna dish, blaze kit, jdm front bumper )
Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

here is all you need. re-paint the car white with metallic flakes in it. thats what im gonna do later down the road.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:26 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

^ what he said. totally
Old 02-25-2005, 01:54 PM
trill recognize trill

where u get the money homie
Old 02-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
How about a giant aluminum spoiler and 2 other aluminum airplane look-a-like wings to attach to the two front doors to make it look like a jet fighter. That will surely get the judges attention.

J/K. Your car is sexy as it is. It will be very difficult to do anything else to it.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you want the lastest fad, you might want to consider VIP lights. It's the latest rage in Japan. Some people might think it's ricy, but if done right, it can look pretty cool.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by patrick
If you want the lastest fad, you might want to consider VIP lights. It's the latest rage in Japan. Some people might think it's ricy, but if done right, it can look pretty cool.

i beleive skipepr makes a set... they are pretty expensive though... like about $400.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Banned

thanks for all the suggestions, some of the mods you guys listed i already have, such as the black wood wheel, hid fogs.

paint job i will stay away because at car shows guys with custom paint the overspray and body work kills the ride

supercharger sounds alright, but i did not take my car to its full potential with the mods now, i drive with about 35% throttle max, plus one of our car club member with a s/c blown his motor and i kinda don't want to deal with what he went thru...

i guess may be bbk or some minor mods in the engine bay, more suggestion keep it coming guys
Old 02-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

you mean the led puddle lamps? if so i aleady ordered mine
Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AcUrALiTy
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i say dont enter the show....why you may ask? because im entering the show this year and youll be my competition, white against white...and i know your cars way more sick than mines..its bad enough 01TLRyder is entering as well...now i got 2 TL's to compete with....if all goes well though (19' vienna dish, blaze kit, jdm front bumper )

i have to go to represent my dunlop and my crew, sorry, but even if i am not there what about all those other acura's you normally see at the shows...
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by REV-01
Yeah, I believe they are LED lamps that spot light the ground when you park (helps with visibility for passengers getting in/out of your car). Where did you order yours from, and how much did you pay?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

sweet!

make sure to take pics of the lamps before you install them and during the install.

also, as far as the S/C is concerned... you WON'T have any problems with it. with the stock pulley, you will be running very low boost. you would get about 40-50whp accross the whole RPM band.

if the transmission goes, its gonig to go... regardless if you have the S/C or not. a few people have had it go out on them with the S/C and they had the transmission replaced... no questions asked. you might want to check with your nearest dealer though, just to be sure.

it's a pretty direct installation and no problems should develop because of it. if they do, there are some VERY informed people that will more than gladly help you, that can be found over in the CL section. don't completely rule this out till you do some reading on it.

as far as the big brake kit, contact Endless. they make an application for the TL (even though it is not lsited on their website). you would probably be the first person to have it.

have you considered canovers? that would be a nice step up when show time comes around. or perhaps some rare coilovers like the Zeal ones.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

i have to go to represent my dunlop and my crew, sorry, but even if i am not there what about all those other acura's you normally see at the shows...
im sure he was just joking
Old 02-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

this show is run by local shop, most of the car in this show is not the same as let say hid or hin, most of the people in hawaii like the clean style, i know what you mean, that is why this past december i enter mine in hid i took home nothing. my only judge during the show probably don't even notice anything change except my stereo
Old 02-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by car_lost

i beleive skipepr makes a set... they are pretty expensive though... like about $400.
Carlos: do you have a link to skipper's website? I'd like to take a look see and see how VIP lights look on a TL!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Banned

Carlos: do you have a link to skipper's website? I'd like to take a look see and see how VIP lights look on a TL!
im not sure they have a TL with the lights on already but here is the website: http://www.skipper.co.jp/
Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Banned

for the LED's... click where it says SPECIAL ITEM and then on the top where it says LED/PRO.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by car_lost
im not sure they have a TL with the lights on already but here is the website: http://www.skipper.co.jp/

those look SICK, but i think you can do the same thing with normal white leds.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
those look SICK, but i think you can do the same thing with normal white leds.

And I think it'd look better on an NBP car, like mine