what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy what to do?

well i love my TL , ive been adding things to it non stop since i got it. so for christmas some people chipped in and got me a body kit. I was so excited. On christmas eve i got an early christmas present.. check it out

http://fattin.com/images/P1080005.JPG
http://fattin.com/images/P1080003.JPG

now , im still waiting on the insurance people to tell me weather or not its going to be fixed, but i dunno what to do , if i should trade it in if they fix it, or if not what car to get, i was lookin at the tsx, looks nice.. i dunno lemmie know what u think of the pics or any opinions are welcome..
Old 01-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Cruisin'

wow, what happened?

i hope your ok and that nobody got hurt....
Old 01-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

*Sniff* *Sniff* The pooooorrrrr TL

Nicky, do whatever you want. Personally, I wouldn't want the car back after seeing what happened to it.

The TSX does look nice - it reminds me of the IS300...

Your call ultimately though hun.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn sorry to hear about that.
i hope that ur ok and ur passengers are ok as well(if you have any at that time).
If i was you, when its fixed , i would get the 04 TL.
TSX is also hot. But i wouldnt want to keep it even though if it fixed perfectly. Just try to get every mods you put in.
wow!! how did it happen??
Old 01-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Instructor

:wow: It hurts.

Dude, I hope you are okay. You know last night on my way back home, I am waiting in front of the red light a lady hit me from behind because she try to find something behind her seat and let go the brake padel, there is no big damage on the bumper and I think I can fix that by some rubbing compound and polish, still I was mad like hell but after I look at those pictures I think was lucky after all. Anyway I hope everything turn out okay for you.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Banned

good lord... so what happened? is everyone involved ok?
Old 01-09-2003, 01:07 AM
l33t

Holy Sh!t.

At first, i saw the first picture, said "no problem, insurance will take car of that"

Then i saw the second pic. Jesus christ dude, that thing is toast.

No way insurance will fix that. That front axle is SCREWED. a 99 TL is worth roughly $15,000 to $18,000...

You GOTTA be right there at $12,000. Hopefully you have an insurance company that trashes the car at 75% of value like State Farm or Progressive...

I feel for you dude, hope everyone is ok. What MODs have you done to the car????

-Me
Old 01-09-2003, 02:05 AM
O.G.

Originally posted by Darkshear
Holy Sh!t.

At first, i saw the first picture, said "no problem, insurance will take car of that"

Then i saw the second pic. Jesus christ dude, that thing is toast.

That's what I was thinking too. The first pic wasn't too bad but then the second pic just threw me off my chair.:wow:

You are better off getting another car. Even if they managed to fix it, it will never drive the same again.

BTW, the TSX looks pretty good. Or you can always get the new accord.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Somehow no one was seriously hurt in the accident. What happened was I was just driving home on christmas eve to pick something up, and I was telling my brother (in the passanger seat) about a near fatal accident I had with my room mate 6 days earlier, right in mid sentence a car ran a red light and hit me on the front driver side and spun my car around causeing them to hit the back as well. Figures they would be driving a 1988 POS dodge intrepid. Ah well, ill let you guys know what happens

Just that its scary going on the road after hacing 2 near fatal crashed that I had no control of in less than a week.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Instructor

I just crashed my '99 TL last Friday and the insurance adjuster just said today that my car was "near totalled." It's funny because it doesn't even look all that bad. But then again, I don't really know what goes into fixing a wrecked car. So good luck to you, because I'm going to need it too.