Went to the dealer today to bust some ball$..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Post Went to the dealer today to bust some ball$..........

Turns out one of the sales reps in the dealership was an old friend of mine that my younger brother grew up with.. I was friendly with him too until he moved further away from my area, so I would only see him once in a while.. Wow how time goes by, He's been working there for about 6 months, and is married, too(He's 20 years old). Anyways we spoke for a bit, talked about things, and about car's too...The dealership I went to sells, Honda, Mazda, Hyundai, Toyota, Pontiac, Dodge, Acura and I think a few other's that I'm not thinking of. The Toyota and Acura showrooms are across the street from the main showrooms where the other cars are, so he doesn't sell the Acura's and Toyota's, but he did have the ability to show me pricing and availability on all the car's they have:
S2000's, 2 available, Y2k's priced at sticker. 2001's, marked up to about $36k.. I forgot to ask him what they buy it for...
2001 TL's, and he showed me the whole list. Non nav's they were buying for $26k and change, and stickering for $28,550, Nav's they were buying for $28k and change, selling for $30k and change.
CL's were about the same prices as the TL.
I then went into the Acura section to speak to my buddy that I usually speak to(but never bought a car from him cuz he never gave me my price), but he was on Vacation.. I spoke to this dude who was pretty cool, turns out we have a lot in common: he owns and restored a '65 Mustang coupe and I have a '66 Fastback, and he was an avid enthusiast, but wants to get out of car's and more into bikes. We shot the $hit for like 30 minutes, and I mentioned to him about the CLS rims that TL owners have been putting on their car's, he said he will look into getting me a set, I'll call him back on that. The MDX's were sold out for about 3 months, and he had no information on the TL Type S as of now. I will be in contact with him for any updates or info that I get.
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 02-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Shoof, I hope they come through for ya on the wheels. I put mine on this weekend and they look sooooo much better than the 16's. There is a little more road noise and the bumps are just a little more noticable, but it handles the curves much better, you will love them. I catch myself looking back at the car as I go into the store. I ended up washing the car twice this weekend (the pollen is really bad). Man I love this car, springs are next!

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeeeeez. That's how they make money, eh? I want my springs so bad... damn snow...

------------------
2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
I DON'T HAVE A LIFE