Well... it is a matter of time I am sure

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... it is a matter of time I am sure

The symtoms are all there... filled up the tank, went to a "gentleman's club" for the going away from my job party, driving home all excited from the lap dances, VSA, C.E. light and the inverted triangle came on. Car shifted like it was made in the paleozoic period and no matter if I floored it, it would n't get past 40 mph....

I know, I know... All lights are off now, although they came on and off depending on how many times I restarted the ol' beast. It is just a matter of time before tranny number 2 gets tossed out and tranny number 3 is installed...

Does anyone know if it has to be an acura dealer who does the replacement or if I can send it to Doral Autotek (private mechanic) to do the job? Granted I still haven't pulled the codes, but the symptoms are exactly as what happened last time...

it is kind of a sweet and sour feeling, knowing your tranny is about to give way...
Old 09-20-2005, 03:22 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Damn why must mine die so slowly! It's had erratic shifting, jerking, and some slipping for weeks and still no lights!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:26 PM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe in order for Acura to "honor" the warranty it must be bought back to an Acura dealership - Honda wouldn't even touch it.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by stiletto
The symtoms are all there... filled up the tank, went to a "gentleman's club" for the going away from my job party, driving home all excited from the lap dances, VSA, C.E. light and the inverted triangle came on. Car shifted like it was made in the paleozoic period and no matter if I floored it, it would n't get past 40 mph....

I know, I know... All lights are off now, although they came on and off depending on how many times I restarted the ol' beast. It is just a matter of time before tranny number 2 gets tossed out and tranny number 3 is installed...

Does anyone know if it has to be an acura dealer who does the replacement or if I can send it to Doral Autotek (private mechanic) to do the job? Granted I still haven't pulled the codes, but the symptoms are exactly as what happened last time...

it is kind of a sweet and sour feeling, knowing your tranny is about to give way...
Bummer.

In order for it to be done under warranty it Has to be done at a Acuradealer.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
On the way!

Sounds like good old Acura tranny "limp mode" to me. Have the dealer do it under warranty.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Burning Brakes

that sucks, 'cause the only dealer around me is Rick Case and they went from "awsome" to "deplorable" from my last three visits. Oh Well... thanks for the replies and sympathy. =D
Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Burning Brakes

I agree about that.. but a friend of mine just started working there as a service manager Dickie.. I should be good now..
Old 09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
4th Gear

My car is trembling when shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Also my side airbag light was turning on and off for a while but has now stopped. Are these symptons of a dying transmission?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Banned

that sucks, 'cause the only dealer around me is Rick Case and they went from "awsome" to "deplorable" from my last three visits. Oh Well... thanks for the replies and sympathy. =D
i love the guys at Doral Autotek! i go there all the time.

try Miami Acura. i went there about 2 or 3 months ago nad they treated me pretty well. only thing i was disappointed about is that they wouldnt fix the window trim that Esserman Acura once fixed (it came out like crap). otherwise, it was a pretty good experince and they even gave me an 04/5 TL loaner.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:30 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by Batness305
My car is trembling when shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Also my side airbag light was turning on and off for a while but has now stopped. Are these symptons of a dying transmission?
Wow my car has been doing the exact same thing. The tremble is still happening, the Side Airbag Off light has quit.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Ca'litos.... Thanks. I was wondering about Mike since he worked so many years at esserman, I am sure he is certified by acura, or at least one of his guys is. In any case, If the lights come on, I'll take it to Rick Case to pull the codes, if it is anything that they would want to do, I'll tell them "no thanks, I'll just limp on down to
miami acura :-) I mean after all, it isin't the service manager the one who is fixing the car, right?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Burning Brakes

The absolute lowest acura dealer in U.S.A.

Originally Posted by Bareback
I believe in order for Acura to "honor" the warranty it must be bought back to an Acura dealership - Honda wouldn't even touch it.
Dern dern dern, I hate the situation... it finally happened and NOT at the best of times:

Ca'litos.... Thanks. I was wondering about Mike since he worked so many years at esserman, I am sure he is certified by acura, or at least one of his guys is. In any case, If the lights come on, I'll take it to Rick Case to pull the codes, if it is anything that they would want to do, I'll tell them "no thanks, I'll just limp on down to miami acura :-) I mean after all, it isin't the service manager the one who is fixing the car, right?
So much for wishful thinking, it just so happens that I am in the freakin' middle of a full kitchen remodeling with "popcorn" ceiling elimination (you ain't seen dust 'till you take the popcorn off and then put on the mud and then sand it down. Holly-whacamolly), a pregnant wife and two kids runnin'round.

I went to Rick (deplorable) case and dropped off the car for a check up:

Originally Posted by quad150db
I agree about that.. but a friend of mine just started working there as a service manager Dickie.. I should be good now..
I asked for Richard but he wasn't there... What drives me absolutely fuckin' bonkers is how the service reps take it as a personal problem when you are enfatic about what the problem is and what you expect: ( I have had the tranny go on me before and all the symptoms are there-I could almost write a book about it- so I called mike at Doral autotek and he confirmed that he can't do it, BUT THAT I SHOULD INSIST ON THEM CHANGING THE COMPUTER MODULE). Bummer, so I go to Rick case with the christmas tree dash and tell them "please pull the code and let me know if I have to leave the car" to which I get a reply: " fuck you, we have to pull the code and do all the pressure testing, and pull the dingleberries out of our asses and then we can determine if you as a know nothin' customer can understand our diagnostic- which turned out to be a bad tranny after all- SURPRISE, SURPRISE...

Today was NOT a good day to mess with me. I am calling Acura maniana and letting them know how I feel about this crap. And I hope Dickie can be a more pleasant person to deal with than all the brain dead service reps that work for him.

I guess I am getting old and I am tired of having to deal with people that can't think. They use their brain .5% of the time ( when deciding if they have to shit or eat). The rest of the time they follow a script that is read to them and they read back every time thy look at their monitor.

maybe it is just an industry joke, to piss people like me off, or maybe it is worst, like that they actually live like that every day of their miserable little lives.

The sad thing about this is that even if they give me a an effing b. Job, I am still going to be dissapointed with their service (attitude to customer). I mean, the tranny was replaced already, and I drive the car every freakin' day... Don't you think I would know what is up with my ride when it starts acting exactly like the last time I had the problem????!!!???!!!???

Tomorrow I am headed back there and will be talkin' to Richard (hopefully). Maybe someone will use their brain cells and make all the right calls out of common sense and not from a scripted computer screen questionaire.

Peace y'all....

Old 10-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned

i know how you feel and im only 21.