weir canyon acura (bad or good)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 03:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weir canyon acura (bad or good)

hey anyone her bought their cars from this dealer??? if so how was the service and who did you buy from....and if applicable what was the price? Cus i went in today dressed up in a suit pulled up in a Mercedes Clk 320 year 2000.....walked up to a tl type s not a single person came to help....at one point a dealer came out to look at me and proceeded to the next customer looking at the rsx...when i overheard her say she is just looking for fun but not into buying....so then the dealer walks up to me and i just smile and walk away.......i hope they arent all like this...especially if you have a customer looking at a tl vs an rsx..... It like rolls royce customer vs, daewoo customer....(no offence to korean car makers) but cmon HELLO.....thanks for hearing me out i had to vent.....oh yeah dont mind the screen name......i am asian but not a kid......
Old 08-29-2001, 09:50 AM
Racer

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - unfortunately, I've found dealers to be hit and miss. If you don't feel comfortable or don't feel as if you're being treated with respect, then I would walk away. With regards to the suit and the Mercedes, maybe it's apparent you're trying to be something your not - just be yourself and wait until you find the right place.

I've found this forum to be pretty open and accepting to all ages, but considering the age of some of the members, an 18 year old interested in cars & sex IS a kid!!! No offense intended, so don't get all upset....

Good luck!
Old 08-29-2001, 09:59 AM
Instructor

We bought my Wife's CL from there a few years ago and it was a miserable experience. They didn't pay off her trade, which was a lease return, didn't notify the DMZ of non-use, just parked it on the back lot. In the mean time we got payment due notices etc... Long story short we ended up paying off the lease end, buying tires for the car, and dealing with a lot of frustration as a result of that dealership. As a result I bought my TL-S from Tustin Acura and had a very good dealer experience. Wier Canyon is supposedly under new ownership now but I stay very clear. Fool me once...
Old 08-29-2001, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weir Canyon is a small dealership with a tiny inventory. If you're in the OC area I would suggest Tustin Acura or South Coast Acura.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks for your input everyone....i did notice that their inventory is quite small....just trying to get an idea....thats all....and with the suit and MB well i just got off work and my required attire is a suit.....not full blown tux or anything but simple sport coat and whatnot....as for cars & sex well thats anotherside...who said we cant have a wild side....thanks again
Old 08-29-2001, 12:29 PM
Instructor

The sales department don't know their elbows from their a@@. Went there twice to purchase. First time told me I coulndn't afford a CL by the way I was dressed. The second time went in to trade in the CL for a TL. They would only offer me 12k for a 01 CL with 4900 miles on it, and wanted sticker for the TL in the beginning of July. Ended up purchasing both at South Coast, for much less.

I can say the Weir Canyon service has been great. I taken both cars there and have been very happy with the work that they have done. Always provided me a loaner, even though I did not buy the car there. If you go there ask for either Scott or Bob.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:00 PM
Racer

You got me wrong, bro - ain't nothing wrong with a wild side!! I think the fact that a lot of these postings touch upon racing and cars and "other stuff" (in some of the other forums) - I think you'll see that the kid in us never dies.

I'm almost 30 and I still got asked on the lot about whether or not I could afford the car. Yeah, one of the great things about our ride is that it's got incredible value for what it delivers, but there's a lot of people in this world who can't afford a $30,000+ ride and I think dealers think about that when they see someone younger looking at a TL-S.

Anyway, like I said - good luck on finding a dealer that gives you the respect you deserve....
Old 08-30-2001, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks thebeaud.......kid side never dies hehe alright more happy posting to do...thanks again peeps
Old 08-30-2001, 07:56 PM
Racer

Weir Canyon Acura

That's were I bought my car. I did a fax attack and they were the only dealership willing to meet my price and have the car in stock.(at the time it was hard to fine Aegean Blue Pearl). Did all of the neg. over the phone and then came in to sign the paperwork....

To answer your question....I've heard both good and bad about them...There has been a change in ownership recently. Don't know if that makes a difference or not but they do have a good service dept...

Paid 31,200 for a TL-S with nav including dest. mud flaps, wheel locks, and a trunk tray. Of course this was back on April 21 so you could do better now.