VW VR6 run

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 10:43 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
VW VR6 run

I had a quick run with a VR6 (don't remember which) on the Mass Pike Saturday morning at around 6:15 AM. I was coming off of the ramp onto the highway and noticed a VR6 had just passed me. I got up to speed, roughly 70MPH, and pulled right up to the VR6. I looked over and so did the VR6 and I pulled up a bit infront of him. He must have seen the Type-S badge and decided that he wanted to go for a quick run with me. The VR6 pulled up right behind me doing 80mph and I popped into SS and down to 3rd and gunned it. I was about 2 cars length the whole way until I hit 120mph, I was roughtly 4-5 cars length infront of him. Then I slowed down and he caught up and wanted to do another run, at that point I didn't want to waste more gas because Iwas going on a long weekend trip so I let him get infront of me. Right before he pulled off to the exit, I looked over and so did the driver... he looked surprised.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:54 AM
The "old" guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted earlier about a VR6 run and had people all over me... The one I raced didnt seem that fast. Maybe I caught him in the middle of a shift or something but I left him pretty far behind. Anyway...still a nice kill!
Old 08-21-2001, 10:58 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks. Indy.

The thing is, the VR6 was the best contender I have met so far. I was impressed with the fact that I didn't kill him right away. They seem to be pretty fast cars but then again, the driver plays a big part too.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:02 AM
The "old" guy

Mine was with the family and all coming back from church on a Sunday. He was next to me in a Jetta VR6...bright red. When I started he fell back about 5 feet then accellerated to get ahead. I figured what the heck and just floored the S in automatic mode. I jumped ahead and when I quit at about 75...he was at least 4 cars behind......seemed like more than 4....but it was AT LEAST 4. In retrospect...I may have caught him in a shift...but hey...a kill is a kill......LOL!
Old 08-21-2001, 11:11 AM
Racer

My friends came down this weekend from NY, I met them on the NJ pkwy. One had a VR6 and one had a Prelude... Both had absolutely nothing for my type S as I smoked them off the line and down the stretch. My buddy in the Prelude (type SH w/ exhaust + intake which sounds great!!!!) wanted a little more work later... he passed me at about 75, i started gaining on him until about 95... we were neck and neck until we hit 115 and called it quits!!! bottom line. VR6 has absolutely nothing on our Type S, and a modified SH has nothing on it either except @ top speeds, which they seem to be exactly hte same
Old 08-21-2001, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Those vr6 drivers must suck...50-100 mph the tls should pull away from a BONE STOCK vr6..But after that the vr6 should eat the tls up..Most bolt on modded vr6's could run mid 14's with a good driver..My vr6 on the other hand is a whole different ball game, anyone wanna try me?...My tl-s feels like a van compared to my vw...
Old 08-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Racer

I have a hard time believing that a VR6 that generates 90 less hp and 50 ft-lbs of torque and weighs 3300 lbs is going to toast a tls... I could be wrong. but my experience has proven otherwise. I agree that the TLS isn't a veritable speed demon on the top end... but my friend was subject to a lot of abuse after having his vr6's ass waxed all over the road, and he remained absolutely silent as 4 of his friends tooled on him.

I don't know what kind of mods you have on you VR6, but they must be pretty substancial that you can make a statement that " it makes your tls feel like a van" if that is the case more power to you.. I hope i don't see you on the road. But in the meantime I'll keep tearing up the VR6's and posting the results right here....

:o
Old 08-21-2001, 03:01 PM
Advanced

First off a vr6 doesnt weigh 3300 lbs..Actually its not even close to that..My vr6 weighed in at 2830 with driver, only missing rear seats and spare tire...Substantial mods? My gti went 14.2@98mph with just a intake, exhaust, chip, and cams on street tires...About you seeing me..Let me make it easy for you, since you're right near me in nj...Meet me at english town on a wed night for test and tune...I GUARANTEE I beat you down the strip by at least a second..Remember, i will be running all motor..Dont get a big head because you took out a few vr6's, because they were piloted by crap drivers apparently, unless they were bone stock...Dont get me wrong, i love my tl-s, but the speed is just not at all impressive compared to my vw..I was actually sorta dissapointed, but, i didnt buy the car for speed, more for comfort and luxury...
Old 08-21-2001, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Id consider changing the cam shaft a substantial mod.. but a TLS like a van, compared to a/your VR6? naaaa.. cant see that relation.. anyways, Id would like to see that race.. a VR6.. LOL
Old 08-21-2001, 05:59 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by nycvr6
Those vr6 drivers must suck...50-100 mph the tls should pull away from a BONE STOCK vr6..But after that the vr6 should eat the tls up..Most bolt on modded vr6's could run mid 14's with a good driver..My vr6 on the other hand is a whole different ball game, anyone wanna try me?...My tl-s feels like a van compared to my vw...
Shoot Fire and Brimstone. I used to give those VR6s a run for their money in my old 95' Accord EX 5 speed.

RUF
Old 08-21-2001, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Maybe you guys arent understanding me...I OWN A 2002 ABP TL-S...I am not putting down the car, otherwise i would have never bought one...BUT, i dont see my tls as the crazy fast sedan you all hype it up to be...Yes it has some "pep"..But, not speed..I expected more from the car, compared to my gti, hence the analogy about the van...Simply put, the car feels slow to me...I guarantee all of you, that there is not one single tl-s in this country that could even come close to my gti in the straights or the twisties...I am extending an invitation to anyone who thinks different..We could run for money if you want, or just for bragging rights...Etown, atco, LID, or streets...anywhere anytime...
Dont get me wrong i love my tl-s, i definately feel that it is well worth the money...Its just not a race car..Its fast for what it is, but definately not a contender..Its not a race car, period...Once and a while ill run it with another car just for laughs, but its more of a chillaxin type car...
Old 08-21-2001, 07:29 PM
Lead Footed

[B}..Its just not a race car..Its fast for what it is, but definately not a contender..Its not a race car, period... [/B]
Three things.

First of all, it sounds like you go one from the ssllooww batch. Get some octane booster. :p

Second, if that doesn't work. Take it back to the dealer. There's something wrong with it. '
frown

Third, bring your GTI on Baby. WDP TLS looking for some dough to pay for some mods.

BTW - don't mess with me. I was a former VW mechanic and spent more time on the autobahn then you've "raced" that GTI. :p

RUF
Old 08-21-2001, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Maybe you guys arent understanding me...I OWN A 2002 ABP TL-S...I am not putting down the car, otherwise i would have never bought one...BUT, i dont see my tls as the crazy fast sedan you all hype it up to be...Yes it has some "pep"..But, not speed..I expected more from the car, compared to my gti, hence the analogy about the van...Simply put, the car feels slow to me...I guarantee all of you, that there is not one single tl-s in this country that could even come close to my gti in the straights or the twisties...I am extending an invitation to anyone who thinks different..We could run for money if you want, or just for bragging rights...Etown, atco, LID, or streets...anywhere anytime...
Dont get me wrong i love my tl-s, i definately feel that it is well worth the money...Its just not a race car..Its fast for what it is, but definately not a contender..Its not a race car, period...Once and a while ill run it with another car just for laughs, but its more of a chillaxin type car...
You and your VR6 talk. The mods you have no longer make your car a true "VR6". How can you compare a modded out VW to a stock Acura? The only fair comparison is stock to stock. Of course your "VR6" is going to beat the stock TL-S. We all know that stock TL-S vs. stock VR6 will win fairly easily.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:48 PM
Advanced

Slow batch? No, i never said the car was slow..I said it felt like a van compared to my vw..I am almost positive my tls could pull a low low 15 maybe high 14..Which is normal...I actually gave a nice race to an S4 on the highway, it took me out after 100 mph though, up till then it was a pretty tight race...So the car is definately not slow..Ruf87, you actually think your tl-s could take out my vr6? hahahahahhahahaha...Give me a break, i said my car ran a 14.2@98mph with intake, exhaust, chip and cams...That was over a year ago...Now the car is completely different, but if you want to lose money to me, name the place and time, and i'll be there if possible, and i will take your money..I dont care if you were a former dub mechanic, or whatever...I built my car completely, every mod was done by me...Im not gonna get into any details since i might race you..But im not talking about installing a filter and exhaust..Ive done a few vr6 swaps, worked with 1.8t's, and 2.0's...I have very extensive knowledge of vw's..
AcuraBOY, vr6 talk?!?!?!I am not calling out stock tl-s's, im calling out ANY TL-S, turbo, SC, N2O, anything...Besides, i am fully aware that my TL-S will murder a stock vr6, i am living proof as i have smoked quit a few vr's with my ac...
Old 08-21-2001, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Nycvr6, You need to grow up. Quit talking punk!!! Go challenge some Civics in their forum. I’m sure quite a few of them would love to embarrass you in a race.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:38 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by DMan
Nycvr6, You need to grow up. Quit talking punk!!! Go challenge some Civics in their forum. I’m sure quite a few of them would love to embarrass you in a race.
I need to grow up? There was no crap talking or name calling till your immature ass crawled in here...I feel im making valid points..Maybe you should change your name to DBOY...You are just another ignorant moron..I build and race cars, i have a huge amount of knowledge on it..I dont talk, i can back everything up...Its people like you who give forums bad names...I really liked this forum till you stepped in...
Old 08-21-2001, 08:53 PM
Pro

Question

Why can't you all play nice? Hell, almost any car can be made fast, even a '72 Pinto can be modified. It just depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. There are many fast cars out there in sheep's clothing. I'm generally a big bragger, but I no longer have the 400+HP of the old Mopar to back me up. I can take lots of cars in my TL-S and there are lots of cars that can take me. Who cares?
Old 08-21-2001, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by lonny
...I can take lots of cars in my TL-S and there are lots of cars that can take me. Who cares?
Exactly.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:07 PM
Lead Footed

Ruf87, you actually think your tl-s could take out my vr6? hahahahahhahahaha...Give me a break, i said my car ran a 14.2@98mph with intake, exhaust, chip and cams...That was over a year ago...Now the car is completely different, but if you want to lose money to me, name the place and time, and i'll be there if possible, and i will take your money..I dont care if you were a former dub mechanic, or whatever...I built my car completely, every mod was done by me...Im not gonna get into any details since i might race you..But im not talking about installing a filter and exhaust..Ive done a few vr6 swaps, worked with 1.8t's, and 2.0's...I have very extensive knowledge of vw's..
AcuraBOY, vr6 talk?!?!?!I am not calling out stock tl-s's, im calling out ANY TL-S, turbo, SC, N2O, anything...Besides, i am fully aware that my TL-S will murder a stock vr6, i am living proof as i have smoked quit a few vr's with my ac...
Dude, you want you cake and to be able and eat it too.

You talk trash and then back down. If you want to talk about your moded VW you better have the &@!!$ to run a moded TLS or shut up.

Running your moded VW verses a stock TLS is not an apples to apples race. And of course it feels slower to your moded VW. The guy with a moded TLS running 13s would think your moded VW is slow.

And BTW- if you know so much about VWs would you mind running a little 68 bug?

In the end, let's keep the BS to a minimum and stop the games of spinning your comparisons. Either talk stock like Phantom was or come out and state that you've got a full race prepared VW. No one here is stupid enough to think that a Stock TLS would beat such an animal. But if you even think that a TLS can't be moded to whip you. Get some coffee dude.

Cheers,
RUF
Old 08-21-2001, 11:09 PM
Instructor

Anger Management Anyone???

When I said “grow up” I mean you are acting very immature challenging everyone in this forum to a dual with your pseudo suped-up VW. You have been doing this for months. Let’s see how long you can go without challenging cars you know don’t stand a chance against your race car.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:54 AM
Advanced

First off my gti is not a race car..I drive it daily...And you guys again, must have misunderstood me....I am willing to race ANY TL-S for money...Yes any...I guarantee there is no tl-s in this country that could give me a decent race...A tl-s in the 13's think my vw is slow?!?! please, you have no clue what you guys are talking about..A guy with a tl-s in the 13's would sh!t his pants after a ride in my gti...About the 68 bug, you must think im stupid, anyway we are only talking about two cars here buddy..So, yes i am challenging any tl-s (modded to the balls) to a money run...I will back up every word i said..I just think the tl-s is more of a luxury type car, not meant to race...You know what, everyone is entitled to their own opinion..I just dont like when people race one car and win, then everyone of those cars are a slow POS all of a sudden..So if anyone thinks they could even come close to running with my vw, all bets are on...Im located in NY, willing to drive a few hours for a good race...Money up front...I love all cars, i am a car enthusiast, i build cars, i race them, and i dont appreciate cheesy forum bashing...Maybe its time for me to get out of this thread, there is no winning with ignorant fools...
Old 08-22-2001, 07:09 AM
Racer

NYC.. as far as I can see you were the ignorant one standing up for the POS VR6. There is no way that a stock vr6 is going to see a tls.... ever, end of story. you were the one who was offended by this and began standing up for all other vr6's and how they were solid cars... you then said that the tls is slow compared to your "slightly-worked" vr6 and how that car is an example of how nice vr6's are... that car is an exception, not the rule. good for you. your vr6 is mad nice!! like i said, i wouldn't want to see you on the street!!

Remember though, someone driving a Hennessey Viper is going to say your ride is SLOOOOOWWWW even though that isn't the case...

Here is the way I see it:
your vr6 is nice
my tls is nice
stock vr6... blowz nutz
Old 08-22-2001, 07:26 AM
Drifting

The VR6 is 170 hp, it is moronic to compare it to a TL-S.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
First off my gti is not a race car..I drive it daily...And you guys again, must have misunderstood me....I am willing to race ANY TL-S for money...Yes any...I guarantee there is no tl-s in this country that could give me a decent race...A tl-s in the 13's think my vw is slow?!?! please, you have no clue what you guys are talking about..A guy with a tl-s in the 13's would sh!t his pants after a ride in my gti...About the 68 bug, you must think im stupid, anyway we are only talking about two cars here buddy..So, yes i am challenging any tl-s (modded to the balls) to a money run...I will back up every word i said..I just think the tl-s is more of a luxury type car, not meant to race...You know what, everyone is entitled to their own opinion..I just dont like when people race one car and win, then everyone of those cars are a slow POS all of a sudden..So if anyone thinks they could even come close to running with my vw, all bets are on...Im located in NY, willing to drive a few hours for a good race...Money up front...I love all cars, i am a car enthusiast, i build cars, i race them, and i dont appreciate cheesy forum bashing...Maybe its time for me to get out of this thread, there is no winning with ignorant fools...
NY,

did it ever occur to you that HOW you convey a message is just as important, if not MORE important than what the message actually says? I certainly remember another topic about three months ago where you and I got into a scuffle on this forum about THE SAME ISSUE. You did back then (and I'll pull the topic from the archive) come across as condescending and very negative, regardless of your attempts to explain how you still love the TL-S.

>> No one is saying the TL-S is race-car material<<<

And guess what, neither is your VR6 that runs 14.2 down the stretch. It's more agile and nimble than the TL-S for sure, but then again it weighs a svelt 2600lbs (svelt is used lightly) and has a much shorter wheelbase, and you've no doubt reworked the suspensions and put lighter rims and beefer tires on it. That's compared to a longer-wheelbase, 3600lbs, and crap tires and heavy rims. But your car ain't an s-curve machine. It's a fast, FWD 'lil car. <not that you have> but don't say it's raceworthy.

This isn't real life, your manhood is not at stake if people don't believe a stock GTI will run w/ a TL-S. Most people wouldn't believe a TL-S is only putting 200/200 (hp/tork) down to the wheels, and a little less on a hot day. Let the ants outta yer pants every time you see "VR6 vs. TL-S," .. you'll probably sleep better.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:06 PM
Instructor

nice...

I agree with Pete...

get some sleep...
Old 08-22-2001, 01:11 PM
Advanced

Peter,
If you went through and read all the posts, you would see that i totally agree that there is no comparison between the stock speed of a tl-s and a vr6...The tl-s wins hands down without a doubt, i have actually waxed quite a few stock vr6's with my tl-s..And by the way, about the 14.2 down the stretch, that was a while back, i just used that as a reference that my vr6 went that fast with only a few bolt on mods..My car is a completely different beast now...
I only get involved in these threads because everyone likes to bash the vr6, when they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about...These guys think because they beat one or two slightly modded vr's that all of them are slow...Hows this, my friend has a 95 gti vr6 with a few bolt ons...He took it for a rip down the strip and managed a 15.8, i jumped in the same car, on the same day, and ran a 14.7....So yea, the driver makes a HUGE difference...
I apologize for getting involved here, its not my place...I should have know this would be another forum racer thing...There is absolutely no winning here..Like in every other forum, everyone jumps down the throat of anyone trying to give some respect to any other car...I know nothing about cars or racing...All i have to say is, i give respect where respect is due, period...I came in this forum to be friendly with everyone, thinking that maybe this is different than clubsi and stuff, but i find the same ignorant bullsh!t in here too...So for the last time: I KNOW A TL-S WILL BEAT A VR6, STOCK FOR STOCK..Now modded is a different story, the invitation is still open...If anyone wants to see me run my vr6 or my tl-s ill probably bring them to englishtown some time in september...Most likely on wed nights for test and tune...But the vr will also be competing in any import shootouts...See you guys around..
P.S. I sleep just fine knowing i have both of these cars we are arguing about at the ripe old age of 23
Old 08-22-2001, 01:40 PM
Safety Car

I apologize for getting involved here, its not my place...I should have know this would be another forum racer thing...There is absolutely no winning here..Like in every other forum, everyone jumps down the throat of anyone trying to give some respect to any other car...I know nothing about cars or racing...All i have to say is, i give respect where respect is due, period...I came in this forum to be friendly with everyone, thinking that maybe this is different than clubsi and stuff, but i find the same ignorant bullsh!t in here too...

Refer to this URL --> Most people on this forum aren't as "ignorant" as you'd have us believe:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...&highlight=VR6

Oh, and this is the topic I promised I'd dig up --> look who's the FIRST one to be offensive/condescending:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=12112

Funny, it started and ended in the same way...

nycvr6 says:
"Wow, so ignorant, yet so stupid..I own a 97' GTI VR6 and a 2002 TL Type S Agean blue...I love both cars...I am in no way a BMW or Audi wannabee..My GTI will smoke any TL-S on the road, and any factory BMW or Audi...I dont think it is the ultimate car, but i put a lot of work and sweat into it...I am not gonna mention my 1/4 et's for certain reasons, but let me tell you that, my GTI reaches 114mph!! in the 1/4 mile..It is fully built, bored out to a 3.0 with 83.5mm JE Pistons, and i have a few other tricks up my sleeves...I dont understand why everyone cant get along..I just joined this forum and i dont like it already..I came on here to talk with people who love cars, and have info on the TL-S, not ignorant fools who know absolutely nothing about cars...You are a perfect example of a moron..You just gave this forum a bad name in my eyes.."

and ends with...
"My VR6 is nitrous only, no turbo..I run the car in full street trim, full interior, and street drag radials..
You guys got me all wrong, i dont care about other boards and who thinks their car is the ****...That is the definition of ignorant..I am exactly the opposite..I didnt come on here to start problems with you guys, but to actually make friends, but then i come on and i see bashing of other cars...I just dont think that is fair..Man, forget it, there is no winning this argument...I am sorry for starting all this..All i have to say is i love cars, particularly my TL-S and my GTI, I just thought that everyone should be able to appreciate all cars and not think theirs is the best...That is crazy..Anyway, im done in this thread..Im only gonna post when i need advice and help, i hope i will be able to find it in here...Thanks..."

broken record... yeesh.

This is NOT a forum racer thing .. you just go around calling people ignorant, morons, stupid, and .. hmmm... YOU'RE the one trying to give RESPECT a good name??? How are you going to make friends like that, buddy boy? You think everyone should appreciate the cars YOU appreciate, and thus they cannot exercise their own right to independent opinions. You should be sorry for starting all this. For the "ripe old" 23-year old that you are, you sure don't communicate very well.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:42 PM
Advanced

Same thing, because im dealing with the same ignorant bullsh!t every time...
Old 08-22-2001, 02:55 PM
Instructor

LEt's not keep up with the VR69, it has a engine problem. 24000mile warranty never keeps with my TLS. My worker who droves vr6 2001 jetta, she told me the car is very crappy and engine need new transmission. She thinks TLS much much better... VW sucks.. and she does not even thinks 14.2 seconds on her Jetta and she founds out that there is brake problems. SHe's not satisfy with Jetta vr6.. crap out!!!!
Old 08-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by seotaiji
LEt's not keep up with the VR69, it has a engine problem. 24000mile warranty never keeps with my TLS. My worker who droves vr6 2001 jetta, she told me the car is very crappy and engine need new transmission. She thinks TLS much much better... VW sucks.. and she does not even thinks 14.2 seconds on her Jetta and she founds out that there is brake problems. SHe's not satisfy with Jetta vr6.. crap out!!!!
Damn man, did you ever go to elementary school? You need some hooked on phonics..You type like a 2 year old..I cant even understand what the hell you are talking about...And, you are comparing two cars with over a $10,000 price difference...
The fact of the matter is, that i am 23 years old, i have a 2002 abp tl-s and a 97' GTI VR6 both payed for 100% by me, i must be doing something right? Nothing any of you can say bothers me..."vw suck", im the ignorant one, etc... Because the truth is, if i am ignorant, then i am glad, because i have everything i want in life at the moment (working on getting an m5 within the next few years), so you guys continue to ramble on with your nonsense..I live in the real world, real racing, no crap...Screw this online sh!t talking..You guys are boys to me...
Old 08-22-2001, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Damn man, did you ever go to elementary school? You need some hooked on phonics..You type like a 2 year old..I cant even understand what the hell you are talking about...And, you are comparing two cars with over a $10,000 price difference...
The fact of the matter is, that i am 23 years old, i have a 2002 abp tl-s and a 97' GTI VR6 both payed for 100% by me, i must be doing something right? Nothing any of you can say bothers me..."vw suck", im the ignorant one, etc... Because the truth is, if i am ignorant, then i am glad, because i have everything i want in life at the moment (working on getting an m5 within the next few years), so you guys continue to ramble on with your nonsense..I live in the real world, real racing, no crap...Screw this online sh!t talking..You guys are boys to me...
Wow...Someone's not very happy here. Anyway, I've been quite amused by this thread. NYCVR6, this is what we have learned from you:

1) You are 23 and own some real nice cars you paid for yourself.
2) You have a lot of knowledge about cars and modding them (I know next to nothing of these things).
3) You have a GTI VR6 which is extremely modded and extremely fast.
4) You take offense when people think all VR6's are slow compared to the TL-S (How are we common folk supposed to know that your GTI beast exists?)
5) You are willing to race any TL-S in the world for money.

Great, so if you win should we all give more respect to ALL VR6's? No, just yours which in my opinion is no longer a VR6 anymore because of the extreme mods just like any TL-S running 13's or less is not a TL-S anymore- it has been transformed into something else.

Peace all.
Old 08-22-2001, 05:06 PM
Safety Car

QUIT IDENTIFYING YOURSELF BY YOUR CARS.

You are such a CLOWN!! LOL! You make me laugh [at you], thanks, I guess. You obviously have nothing going for you in the personality department, otherwise you wouldn't be braggin' 'bout some cars you paid for (I mean, some car you paid for, and another that you are probably FINANCING). So chill, the bank owns most of your TL-S, boyscout. You hate this forum, yet you have some of the most replies to this topic. Hmm, can't get enough eh?? HA! "I live in the real world, real racing, no crap, screw this online sh**" Do you have pictures of your kids in your wallet, or your cars? The only boy here is YOU, cuz your life centers around you, your pride in your cars, and taking things to the extreme and letting those materialistic items define who you are. We were all having a friendly conversation, and you became incredibly supersentive to some remarks about a car you "own," and you began to insult everyone that rebuttled to your argument. You're no hero, son.

Hey, do you have a family, do you put dinner on the table night after night, do you put clothes on your kids' backs? Do you pay for their medical expenses? You pay for your spouse? You own your own home? Do you pay mortgage on your own home at least? Hmmm... no no, what am I talking about, that has nothing to do with "REAL LIFE" ... that's imaginary world for grown-ups, you live in the real RACING WORLD!!! You probably drive as good at Peter Cunningham on any given sunday, right? Better than the Schumacher brothers? Right?

Where'd you go to college? Hmmm? Until you tell me about your higher educational experience, don't go telling other people they need hooked on Phonics (btw, that's the lamest comeback I've heard since my days on the jungle gym in grade school.)

You'll be back for more posts, cuz you have no class, or etiquette. Bring on your M5, and whatever other purchases you'll be making in the next 50 years. Mine include the following: E55, yacht, Lakeside cabin, small country in West Pacific, a cheeseburger.

Peace to all.
Old 08-22-2001, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Can't We All Just Get Along?

...Rodney King
Old 08-22-2001, 05:12 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by Acuraboy

Wow...Someone's not very happy here. Anyway, I've been quite amused by this thread. NYCVR6, this is what we have learned from you:

1) You are 23 and own some real nice cars you paid for yourself.
2) You have a lot of knowledge about cars and modding them (I know next to nothing of these things).
3) You have a GTI VR6 which is extremely modded and extremely fast.
4) You take offense when people think all VR6's are slow compared to the TL-S (How are we common folk supposed to know that your GTI beast exists?)
5) You are willing to race any TL-S in the world for money.

Great, so if you win should we all give more respect to ALL VR6's? No, just yours which in my opinion is no longer a VR6 anymore because of the extreme mods just like any TL-S running 13's or less is not a TL-S anymore- it has been transformed into something else.

Peace all.

Nice response!

Just so anyone missunderstood my use of the "VW" term, it was not a slam. I personally like some of them.

My slam was on NYCVR6 who wasn't playing fair and slamming people. He wanted to play word games and put people and their cars down. I won't stand for any of the TL bretheren out here to take that kind of BS.

As for NYCVR6's accomplishments go. I'm glad for him and more power to him. Just don't get upitty with others because you have a fast modified VR6. Remember, there is always a bigger dog out there that will eat your lunch.

I could be a real turd and say his VR6 is really slow because my 64 SS would blow his doors in full street trim. I won't even prepare it for strip use which knocks more than a second of the 1/4 mile times. And with a simple 1 operation that same beastie will punch over 120MPH in second gear and blow past 150 with ease. But that's not a fair comparison is it and that's the game that was being played against a stock TLS.

BTW started a little research today on how many cars are faster and slower than the TLS. I'll post results when I have them all. But a quick teaser is, out of 170 current car models out there, only 39 are faster than the TLS. More later.

Dittos on the Peace.

RUF
Old 08-22-2001, 05:28 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did someone say M5?
Old 08-22-2001, 05:34 PM
Racer

I agree with PeterU... nyc is a typical NYC a$$hole... that is great about how you are 23 and you own 2 cars blah blah blah..... and let's see, MOm and dad live in Long Island where they finance my life...

I know alot of people like you... they spend all their money trying to look rich!!! they all ride ALONE in their "dope rides"!! Personality goes a long way brah, you seem pretty far behind!
Old 08-22-2001, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Just think; NY liked this forum until I stepped in.

I can’t believe he called me DBOY when he is just 23.

NY reminds me of an old co-worker of mine. Arron had the most outrageous stories. He was about the same age as NY. He told all of my co-workers the following:

1. His Mustang would do the ¼ mile in 9 seconds
2. He had a T3 in his apartment for offsite backup of IndyNet
3. He had a new Dodge Ram V10, but drove a beat-up Accord
4. When I asked to see the V10 he said it was totaled by Dump Truck

Anytime anyone questioned his stories or possession he would always get very defensive. He would then become angry and start insulting people. His defensive behavior led us all to believe he was full of it.

NY’s stories and attitude reminds me of Arron.

Most people who act this way have low self-esteem, and tell materialistic lies to try to make people think higher of them. They subsequently become defensive, because they take criticism as a direct attack on their ego.

I need to grow up? There was no crap talking or name calling till your immature ass crawled in here...I feel im making valid points..Maybe you should change your name to DBOY...You are just another ignorant moron..I build and race cars, i have a huge amount of knowledge on it..I dont talk, i can back everything up...Its people like you who give forums bad names...I really liked this forum till you stepped in...
Old 08-22-2001, 07:20 PM
Instructor

VR6, nice car, your car is best out there, your VR6 best car in the racing.. VR6 runs like winner.. this goes to nycvr6.. i said crap out man.. I'm 23.. and i hear this crap...again and again.... and you win. be happy man!
Old 08-22-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro

He's gonna use all his happy gas...... i dont think hes gonna be happy after the race though ....
Old 08-22-2001, 11:42 PM
Advanced

You guys got me, im a clown, my parents live in LI and support me, i am lying about my cars, i drive a 91 mercury, I drive alone in my mercury, I am really arron in disguise, my comebacks are crappy, im a homosexual, my education goes as far as my GED, I live in a trailor, I eat macaroni and cheese every night, my boyfriend is my cousin, im on a library computer right now, my penis is 3 inches erect, i have a really bad acne problem, im only 123lbs overweight, and i work on fishing docks..So there it is, my life in reality...im sorry i bothered you guys, im gonna leave this forum now and never ever come back...

BTW: "don't go telling other people they need hooked on Phonics (btw, that's the lamest comeback I've heard since my days on the jungle gym in grade school.) " You have the nerve to critisize my comeback, and then you follow it with that cheesy line, you NERD...

Quick Reply: VW VR6 run