Old 05-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its A Celabration Bitches!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Rock Star

Originally Posted by Laffinitup
This site gets more immature the more this thread grows. It's incredible how people feel they are so much above each other with title's like "Newbie". No wonder racism is still alive. I'm better than you, we are classy, yada yada yada! This is funny because some of the "seniors" of this site (since labeling is condoned here) act like I was the one who killed Nick Berg. I just made a generalized statement and it somehow lit a fuse. It didn't single out an individual, however, it brought out the ones that felt a degree of guilt.......If my statement didn't offend you, I commend you for being open minded instead of exploding and telling me to sell my TL like the dick riding John Cena wanna-be. Sorry, but I had to throw in my two cents since I haven't paid my dues yet.
Paying ur dues would be keeping ur mouth shut...not sayin u cant have an opinion but dont post something about r cars and not expect feedback....and ur the one that said u r ashamed to own a TL or something like that....so again if ur that ashamed then sell it...plain and simple......just a few weeks ago i had strobes installed in my car and i caught some heat...but did i cry like u no........so if u plan to stay on this site........keep in mind that u still r new.....and no one likes the new kid who comes in here and acts like he knows everything...u can have ur opinions.....add the doors if u like them and while ur at it add a hood spolier and loovers for the back window....knock urself out.....and u had 2 be immature 2 the fact to start name calling....wow. well atleast ur post total is going up.....ur well on ur way 2 a senior member :thefinger
Old 05-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Rock Star

and dont make a referance to Nick Berg......no one accused of anything like that and u even makin a referance to that...Pisses on his memory...SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have come up with a brilliant solution to solve all the conflicts in this thread. How about everyone who doesn't like Lambo doors leave and those that like it remain and work out the details. It's not your money so let others do as they want with it. It's not like you have to officially endorse a project / mod before a "noob" can pursue it.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Rock Star

ur right but i still think its wrong when a nubie comes in a craps on peeps who have been here awile.....thats just my opinion but im sure there are others who agree...sure u can do any mod u want ur car ur choice but dont post something if u dont expect to get feedback both pos and neg.......bottom line
Old 05-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Dr. TLS

You're absolutely right. But people should still think twice about personally attacking another person
Old 05-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AcuraTLS03
so then its only gonna be the same stuff on 10 TL's. vertical doors just came out and that shit is played out already. they even have that shit on suv's. not to metnionthe gas shocks have blown out on a bunch of them. thats hialrious... you open the door, push it up with little force and then BAM the shock goes out and slams the door shut... i'd love to see you having trouble lift it up. then again u could just open the rear door and climb in through the back.
i get wut ur saying with the same stuff on 10 TLs. but think about how many TLs are in this country let alone on this site. 10 TLs with these doors isnt alot. look at how many TLs have the same OEM kit, same CT exhaust, same AEM intake. 10 TLs with vertical doors dosent sound liek alot now does it?

dat would suck if the shocks did blow. i guess ud have to deal with it just liek any mod u do to the car. if u wanna do it ud have to suffer the consequenses if there are any to modding a car.

Old 05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

lets squash everything and start from scratch. it was fun while it lasted.....i throw in the white flag because i really don't want to beef with you all. let's just get along like rodney king said.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:54 PM
i

I hate all these assholes who completely diss and try to make others feel like crap. If you want to give a crticism, do just that, you dont have to throw your worst insults at them. Personally, i think the vertical doors arent thje best on TL's cuz its 4 door, better on the 2door CL. Ive seen an integra with lambo doors and it looks pretty damn tight. 4 door not as great.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:10 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i have to ask, how do you guys get around the fact that the door is more or less in the frame when closed? its not like older style doors that when closed are outside the car more or less. this car is more streamlined. i have a tough time visualizing how to do it without cutting or moving the doors out an inch or two. just curious. that and if it came straight up it looks at first glance as if the bottom of the door would strike the b-pillar. i would assume your design would have the door come away from the car first, then up.

SSTS
Old 05-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Best in da Burgh

Originally Posted by Laffinitup
I need 10 other people that are serious about getting Lambo-type bolt on doors for their 2002 TL. Go to verticaldoors.com about the info. If you are really serious about this please email me @ richiecoon@att.net so we can get it going. The kits will run 1599.99 for two doors. No cutting or painting required and guaranteed to close like the stock doors. Serious inquires only, please!

Imstead of the Lambo doors why not suicide doors? I loved the way the old Lincolns looked with the suicide doors and I think the TL would look great too, that and it would surprise the hell out of people. Everyone is putting Lambo doors on there cars now-a-days, why not do something totally different for the TL? Just a thought....
Old 05-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Rock Star

aight well wutever its over ur car do wut u want
Old 05-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Best in da Burgh

Originally Posted by nym31mp
aight well wutever its over ur car do wut u want

what movie is your signature from? i know i've heard that before....just can't put a finger on it.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Rock Star

Well a General said it last yr durin the war w Iraq.....but then it was traced back to Norman Swartzcolf sorry bad spelling........ who also said...Kill them all and let God sort them out ..However Creasy played by Denzel Washington in the New Movie Men on Fire said it..thats where i took it from.......i just love they way it sounds........so therefore its not a new phrase but Denzel in classic Denzel form put a new spin on it..theres ur history lesson for the day...I hope u enjoyed
Old 05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Love my 99
Cool. Well, hopefully we can get 8 other people to see it OUR way and give us a chance to see what it looks like I'm down with giving it a chance...
I'm not downing the idea of vertiacl doors, but your going to throw away 16 hung... just to see how it looks. Must be nice to have that kind of cash to throw away. Why don't you just give it to me and I'll kick you in the face, it's probably a better deal
Old 05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Rock Star

Josh B...comeone be nice everyone is friends again........
Old 05-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmmm... love to see what it would look like. I'll never do it, but i think it'll look pretty interesting. Definitely unique.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Cruisin'

Talking

Josh B...comeone be nice everyone is friends again........
TAKE IT EASY... I THINK EVERONE CAN TAKE A JOKE HERE
Old 05-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

peace and chicken grease. no mas! no mas!
Old 05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Advanced

suicide doors is an idea, definatly unique....noone here is trashing the idea on the lambo doors in general, its just not a mod usually associated with TL's ie. lux. car., its typically associated with fast cars...ie. the car that created it lamborghini. which the tl is not a fast car, nore was it suppose to be. anyway happy modding with either configuration of doors.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by JOSH-B
I'm not downing the idea of vertiacl doors, but your going to throw away 16 hung... just to see how it looks. Must be nice to have that kind of cash to throw away. Why don't you just give it to me and I'll kick you in the face, it's probably a better deal
**News Flash** This 1s HOT off the presses: This thread has a truce attached to it so chill out with the disses...I just wanna get my damned doors--I don't give a rats ass what you think. All this :argue: is gettin OLD.

As far as the $$ goes, people spend their $$ on different shit. I happen to enjoy spending my $$ on my car. I work hard for what I have. Point is you dont know me, you dont what I do or anything but your "kidding around" about kicking me in the face. I hope you watch what you say when your in front of people you dont know b/c you would be pickin up your teeth for sayin some shit like that...kiddin or not
Old 05-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Dr. TLS

Next time, add a or or j/k when you joke. Keep in mind that we can't actually see your facial expression when your posting statements on forums.

Also, it is generally understood that using CAPLOCKS means shouting. If you were really joking, why are you shouting now?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
**News Flash** This 1s HOT off the presses: This thread has a truce attached to it so chill out with the disses...I just wanna get my damned doors--I don't give a rats ass what you think. All this :argue: is gettin OLD.

As far as the $$ goes, people spend their $$ on different shit. I happen to enjoy spending my $$ on my car. I work hard for what I have. Point is you dont know me, you dont what I do or anything but your "kidding around" about kicking me in the face. I hope you watch what you say when your in front of people you dont know b/c you would be pickin up your teeth for sayin some shit like that...kiddin or not
As I'm sure that I'll just stand there while someone is hitting me. Listen, Mr. Internet-Tough-Guy. This is a public forum. People are just giving their opinions in ways they see fit, and if you couldn't take criticism, then you shouldn't be on a public message board.

I do watch what I say, and I haven't made any personal insults or anything in my previous posts. You're the one bringing up physical violence and possible threats. YOU should watch what you say, because you don't know who's behind the other monitor. I'll be honest. Chances of someone finding you and kicking your ass for something you said online are slim to none. But it is possible. Regardless, Internet-Tough-Guy syndrome is just overplayed and ridiculous. I bet you can bench-press 500 pounds, drive a Lamborghini to work everyday and have a supermodel for a girlfriend, topped off with a house in Malibu.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
As I'm sure that I'll just stand there while someone is hitting me. Listen, Mr. Internet-Tough-Guy. This is a public forum. People are just giving their opinions in ways they see fit, and if you couldn't take criticism, then you shouldn't be on a public message board.

I do watch what I say, and I haven't made any personal insults or anything in my previous posts. You're the one bringing up physical violence and possible threats. YOU should watch what you say, because you don't know who's behind the other monitor. I'll be honest. Chances of someone finding you and kicking your ass for something you said online are slim to none. But it is possible. Regardless, Internet-Tough-Guy syndrome is just overplayed and ridiculous. I bet you can bench-press 500 pounds, drive a Lamborghini to work everyday and have a supermodel for a girlfriend, topped off with a house in Malibu.
FYI...my above post was directed at "JOSH-B". Check out the quote attached above my post. I wasn't tryin to be an Internet Tough Guy. I'm just telling the guy who wants to "kick me in the face" how I feel about that. Relax...
Old 05-21-2004, 02:05 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

Dang man... what you need to do is apologize, not tell him to take it easy... that was pure rude... no one read it as a "JOKE"
Old 05-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

some one asked about how the door would open considering its a full frame.

the door opens up a few inches and then you lift it up.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't we all just get along??? just let the guy do what he wants... it's his car after all. No need to flame since you won't be driving it.... you probably won't see it in person either...
Old 05-21-2004, 06:05 PM
10th Gear

would it work on my 99 tl if it does let me know
Old 05-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
i bet no one gets it anyway
Old 05-22-2004, 09:34 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
man, this is the longest war thread i've seen ever!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:14 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Malayalee King
man, this is the longest war thread i've seen ever!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Racer

doors

This whole dissing shit is wack. People need to kick back and just respect and achknowledge each others opinion. Anyhow going back on to topic

Vertical doors on a TL huh. I like that idea. I was over at my bodyshop this weekend and one of the mechanic and I were just talking about vertical doors on my TLS. He has a 4 door FORD contour and have the vertical doors on his sedan. To tell you the truth. Its looks HOT!!! but his car is going to be strictly for show so I understand why He did it on a 4 door. He asked me If I have 2 cars and if my TLS is my Daily drive and I told him It is for now. He suggest that if its a daily drive he WONT recommend it becasue either you will get tired of it or the hindges, if its poor quality, will give out over time. If you want to enter your car into a show like HIN or any big shows, I SAY GO FOR IT!!! It will defitnitely win you some trophies and get reconitions from sponsors b/c its unique. But ithe Vertical door is a Daily drive i still think its a Hot idea b/c its jsut unique. But damn $1600 is a lot of money though.

Comment:So how many people have OEM kit with a combination of some sort of a wing. Almost everyone huh. I seen almost all the meets and always see the same ole $hit on our TLS. i aint gonna hate on those who are going to stretch out and do something different. Take a chance or be unique. I think more people need to go crazy on their TL's. Take a look at the CL's man They have one rider after another that is done out nicely and unique. No wonder no one wants to make any parts for us because people with TLs are too conservative. Its like people have no creativity or sumthing to come up with something other then the OEM or the wingwest. WOO big F*cken Deal. almsot everyone got one of those.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Who neerds "TNT" with this kind of drama?? Just to add my 2 cents..... I don't really think vert doors should be on the 3.2. but if you're gonna do vertical doors, all four would look way better than just doing two of them. Good luck...........
(P.S. Keep drama alive!!!)
Old 05-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Rock Star

close this thread its a dumb ideal and now we have Attack of the Newbies...............the hell w it
Old 05-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Dr. TLS

close this thread its a dumb ideal and now we have Attack of the Newbies...............the hell w it
I'll tell you what a dumb "ideal" is: Grouping senior members along with noobs and attacking them all. You need to shut your little pie because nobody asked you for your opinion. You said this is a DUMB "IDEAL" because of all the attacks but you also participated in the attacks. Calling this thread attack of the Newbies was another bonehead move because as you can see I have been a member of this site for almost 2 years before you joined (and I had an older account before that time too). Yee is also a senior member who actually posted someting constructive (such as posting about this idea on A-CL). I don't see how he's a noob as he's been registered longer than you also. Finally, AZN G RYDE also goes way back. He doesn't post much but he is one of the old timers I clearly remember. His post had some great points and it seems to me you're ignoring every poster who's not supporting you. You won't get anywhere by attacking established / senior members of this forum. Get lost if you don't like it or just ignore it like you should have ignored this thread.

I agree this is a forum and we should all express ourselves but what you're doing now along with a few other posters goes beyond simple expression. No need to call people out repeatedly. Just state your point and be done with it if you don't like the idea. Stop being the "newbie attacker", if you will.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:14 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
:lol1: sorry?!?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Rock Star

Talking

Originally Posted by vandy786
I'll tell you what a dumb "ideal" is: Grouping senior members along with noobs and attacking them all. You need to shut your little pie because nobody asked you for your opinion. You said this is a DUMB "IDEAL" because of all the attacks but you also participated in the attacks. Calling this thread attack of the Newbies was another bonehead move because as you can see I have been a member of this site for almost 2 years before you joined (and I had an older account before that time too). Yee is also a senior member who actually posted someting constructive (such as posting about this idea on A-CL). I don't see how he's a noob as he's been registered longer than you also. Finally, AZN G RYDE also goes way back. He doesn't post much but he is one of the old timers I clearly remember. His post had some great points and it seems to me you're ignoring every poster who's not supporting you. You won't get anywhere by attacking established / senior members of this forum. Get lost if you don't like it or just ignore it like you should have ignored this thread.

it was a type o relax i meant idea.....but thanx anyway MOM...u feel better that u scolded me............:thefinger

I agree this is a forum and we should all express ourselves but what you're doing now along with a few other posters goes beyond simple expression. No need to call people out repeatedly. Just state your point and be done with it if you don't like the idea. Stop being the "newbie attacker", if you will.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Cruisin'

damb... I was just messing arond here and this went far... apologies for starting this mess if it was indeed me...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Still sluggin' it out

I don't even remember what this thread was about now :lol1: O yeah the lambo doors...someone else mentioned suicide doors in here somewhere...I like that idea much better--what's the deal with that?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Cruisin'

I don't even remember what this thread was about now :lol1: O yeah the lambo doors...someone else mentioned suicide doors in here somewhere...I like that idea much better--what's the deal with that?

That a damb good idea, but we have the pillar there... don't think that would look great... interested in some pics

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors for your 2002 TL