VA/DC/MD TL owners - Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 11:58 PM

Question VA/DC/MD TL owners - Dealers

Hey all, I'm a prospective TL owner and I was curious which dealer you bought from, why you chose that dealer, and how you've been treated (service-wise) at the dealership. Did you get any "freebies" (free oil changes, yearly inspections, etc)? I'd also be interested in the response away from DC Metro (ie VA Beach, DE, etc) if anyone did any long distance purchases...
Old 03-25-2001, 08:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine from Pohanka from this really cool guy named Darell. He was really patient and let me look at everything and answered all my questions and didn't try to push anything on me. I heard that he left to work for Radley Acura in falls church though. I just went back to yesterday to look at the TL-S and try to take it for a spin and the salesman was the worst I have ever had to deal with. He did not take the time to explain the car to me and flat out lied to me about the availability of a test drive vehicle, like I was wasting his time. I guess he doesn't understand the cost difference between attracting new customers and retaining repeat customers. I haven't had an experience with their service department yet, but I did get a free oil change. I will take it in when my car hits 7500 mi. Also, I talked to the parts department about the 02 tail lights and they run around $200 for them. For comparison, someone mentioned they were able to get it for $167 from their dealer. HTH.
Old 03-25-2001, 12:24 PM
Racer

Wink

Yea I got my car at Acura West as well!! I think there service is really good. The Asstant Manager of the dealer ship let me and my bro take out the CL Type-S when it first came out. He was really cool about it he just let us take it down the road for like 10 min by our selfs.

When we had the transmission replaced they had it done in exactly 2 days. I thought that was good service. I like the sales man as well a few of them know me and are nice when I come in with a question.

thats all...
Old 03-25-2001, 01:31 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Radley, Radley, Radley! They have excellent service. Every time i get my car serviced, i get a letter in the mail asking about the quality of service and ways to make things better. They also call to ask the same thing! Plus the parts guys know a lot about our cars. They were the only one that offered the chrome center caps without having to buy a new wheel!

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit...
Quiets ride
Old 03-25-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro

Don't go to Riddle Acura in chesapeake, VA. they treated me like i could never afford a TL, No help at all. I went to Tischer Acura in Laurel, MD. They did'nt even greet me at the door. They also did'nt have any TL's in the show room. I had to stand out in the cold to look at the new TL-s and it took them forever to find the keys!

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit...
Quiets ride

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by QUIETSTORMMVN_IN on March 25, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-25-2001, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I got mine from ROSENTHAL ACURA in Gaithersburg MD. The service is good & I was treated well the few times that I have gone in for service. They are a PRECISION TEAM ACURA DEALER. This means they rank high in the country as a top ACURA DEALERSHIP. They have won the award many times. I also think they are Marylands oldest Acura Dealership.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/%51 Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips
Old 03-25-2001, 02:35 PM

Talking

Hey all, thanks for the great responses so far! The only dealership I've been to is Pohanka and compared to the Lexus dealership next door, it looks like they don't care much about Acura (looks more like their Chevy dealership). I'm also leary about what I've seen with their lot attendants flying around in the cars at closing, but I suppose that could be with any of them...

Anyone know what the relationship is with Radley and Karen Radley? I noticed Karen Radley isn't a "Precision Team" Dealership but Radley is...

Also those of you satisfied with your purchase/service experience, how did you like your salesman and do you have one you'd recommend? I've heard Pohanka or Radley (perhaps all) have an internet salesman that cuts deals, or at least sends out an email informing you of specials (2K1 TLs/CLs/CLSes at invoice for example, don't know if that is accurate)
Old 03-25-2001, 02:41 PM
Pro

It's true for Radley. If you go there look for John he looks middle eastern, good guy. He was a lot of help.

------------------
Quiets ride
Old 03-25-2001, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Radley is the bomb. Chris LaPorte sold me my car. They promised me my car would be there by thursday, and it wasnt, so they put me in a rental car, nocked off a couple hundred bucks... It wasnt their fault, but they took responsiblity for it.. There were really good. I would go with them, They also offer free state inspections every year you own the car, as well as giving you 10% of all parts..
Old 03-25-2001, 11:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

I got my car at Acura West. The one time I got service there to get the rattle out of the car, hte service was pretty good. I got to ride with the service manager to show him the rattle but unfortunately couldnt reproduce it, that sucked. But he said that he would place some tape to try to dampen the rattle.

Anyhow, I'd say with that one visit I would say that their service was pretty good, cleaned my car and evertying, but I wish they didn't because the car was already clean.

As for the Sales person, his name was Angel (a guy). He was OK at best, his demenor was intresting but he gave me the best deal over any dealer at that time, which was good. He gave me the deal soley because I knew someone else that bought a car from him.

Hope this long post helped somewhat.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
H&R OE Sport Springs
AEM CAI
Old 03-26-2001, 12:07 AM
Racer

Thumbs up

If you go to West there is a guy named Angle, he's a good guy to talk to, he knows his stuff plus he is helpful.
Old 03-26-2001, 07:44 AM
Advanced

I agreed with you gt7610c. I purchased my 1997 3.2 TL from Pohanka Acura. The lot attendants drive the cars through that lot as if they're running the Indy 500 and I know (not that I'm wishing for it) one day they're going to have a serious accident out there because they obviously have no respect for the vehicles and the peoples lives that they're putting in danger because of their reckless behavior.

Thus far, I've only dealt with Mike from the service department and he's always been very nice and extremely helpful to me. He has never made me feel like, when I ask him questions about my car, that I'm a bother to him. I just went in there Saturday to have my oil changed and the salesperson who sold me my car offered to put me in a 2002 TL-S with the payments being slightly higher than what I'm paying now (except he was talking about a lease AND he was talking paying MSRP. NOT!!!). I'm interested in visit Radley because I've heard so many good things about them.