Ultimate TL Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 06:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ultimate TL Meet

I had had a good time at the TL meet last weekend and it was great to meet others that have the same interest, our cars.
I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could plan a vacation for a meet like on a Cruise Ship ?
Now I know it is alittle far fetched, because it would cost members money to fly to a port, then money for the cruise, but if we plan far enough ahead and get a group deal on a 3 day Cruise, it won't be that bad...

I find as I get older, getaways or vacations never happend unless you plan them out in advance. I always say I want to go to the Keys fishing, and never go. One time I just sat down with my friends and just picked a day 6 months away, and it happend. I didn't think it was ever going to come, but it did and we had a blast.

Now before it is posted let me tell you how to handle your girl
You tell them you want to do something 6 months or year away, they will tune out everything after that, because they will think it is to far in the fucture and it will never happend. Then next thing you know the date will come and you can tell them "Remember I told you about this a long time ago"

Thoughts ?

------------------
Members, thanks for your support! Please check with us on prices for any car parts Chances are were the lowest
2000 Acura TL
AEM CAI
Mugen Sport Suspension
Comptech headers
Racing Hart C2's w/Dunlop SP9000 225/40/18
Comptech Sways
AutoCarParts.com
Acura-TL.com
info@acura-tl.com
My Ride
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/My_Rides/RacingHart.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 05-31-2001, 06:05 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am down so keep me posted on the details.

------------------
Binh
Old 05-31-2001, 06:10 PM
Drifting

Question

hmmmmmm.... maybe

I'd like to see what the others think and get an idea of how many people would be interested. Remember we have a LOT of young people in here that probably wouldn't be too interested for one reason (possibly financially) or another.
Old 05-31-2001, 06:24 PM
Retired MOD

Tim, I'm in....for sure. Good thinking in how to handle your girl.....well, I'm single anyways. Maybe not by the time we go on the trip

Originally posted by snook789:
Now before it is posted let me tell you how to handle your girl
You tell them you want to do something 6 months or year away, they will tune out everything after that, because they will think it is to far in the fucture and it will never happend. Then next thing you know the date will come and you can tell them "Remember I told you about this a long time ago"

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 06:34 PM
Racer

Originally posted by snook789:
I had had a good time at the TL meet last weekend and it was great to meet others that have the same interest, our cars.
I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could plan a vacation for a meet like on a Cruise Ship ?
There was a meet last weekend? SUCKS! I was in Miami on Sunday. I just finished a 7 day cruise.

Snook, what was neat was on our way to the hotel the previouse Saturday I saw a white TL (at night) going the other way with a body kit and thought it was you the whole time. Didn't know you were on the other side of the state.

Well, good idea. But not sure if all the "guys" would be up to it. I'm thinking it would be more realistic to have a national TL meet. Though I remember some ppl weren't too keen on that idea.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver w/ Nav
WW Spoiler - 20% Tint- Mud Guards - Full Nose Mask
Old 05-31-2001, 06:43 PM
Safety Car

Might be down if it isn't too expensive...
Old 05-31-2001, 07:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

I may also be down, depending on price.

Especially sometime in the Winter between October-December, when it gets cold around here. Tickets aren't that much to Florida from the Tri-State area, usually around $100 bucks or so for round trip but the cruise is gonna be pricey.

Let us know what you think, I can also get us hooked up for rental cars too.

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navigation
NightHawk Black Pearl Exterior, Ebony Leather

Sunroof Visor, Mudguards, 35% Metallic Tint All Around, Acura Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-Disc CD-Changer, New Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint, Video in my Navi Kit, Playstation 2 by StreetEffectz, 5/26/01 -Custom Metal Mesh Grill
In da works...
JL Audio 12" W6 Subwoofer, Audiobahn A1800E Amplifier

Moderator of Acura-TL.Com Forums
Old 05-31-2001, 09:48 PM
Rx Master

id maybe be up for it, but i think that we should let the ladies go too if they want to be around us guys that are goin to be talkin about cars all day and nite, they can have basket weavin classes or tuper ware parties on the boat, plus we can watch them make fools of them sleves on karioke, it could be fun either way.
I was on a 3 day cruise about 3 weeks ago, and as long as its not thru Imperial majesty and the boats name is Ocean Breeze, it should be a good cruise, i was on that boat and man it was lon g as hell to bahamas and rocky and everyone wanted to puke
your thoughts are suggested
[wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi , spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=11443786

Old 05-31-2001, 10:34 PM
Drifting

Sounds interesting. Wonder how many people would be interested.
Old 05-31-2001, 10:39 PM
Drifting

Can we bring our TL's??

------------------
Y2K SiLVeR TL, non-navi
SLVR TL Homepage
Old 05-31-2001, 11:06 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

tim let us know, when i know i plan to head down there around december 1, and if i remeber correctly H.I.N. is in your neck of the woods at that time
Old 06-01-2001, 03:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I would be game if you decide to take the hawaii cruise!
Old 06-01-2001, 09:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Damn, talking about Hawaii, another one of my ex g/f is there right now, with her current boyfriend, both of which i've known for years. I know they're having crazy ass fun there, and i'm stuck here at my restaurant making $$$

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navigation
NightHawk Black Pearl Exterior, Ebony Leather

Sunroof Visor, Mudguards, 35% Metallic Tint All Around, Acura Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-Disc CD-Changer, New Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint, Video in my Navi Kit, Playstation 2 by StreetEffectz, 5/26/01 -Custom Metal Mesh Grill
In da works...
JL Audio 12" W6 Subwoofer, Audiobahn A1800E Amplifier

Moderator of Acura-TL.Com Forums
-------------------------
"Just call me Jay"