TORN! What to do? TL, CL6sp, or Accord6sp

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmm...Is that right??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TORN! What to do? TL, CL6sp, or Accord6sp

I'm torn between selling my '01 TL and going with the CL 6spd or the Accord 6spd, or keeping the TL. My TL is great, don't get me wrong, but the whole 5AT thing with these cars just spooks me. Mine runs great, shifts smoothe, never had any problems and I don't take it above 4.5-5k RPMs ever, so it might not ever give me any problems, but I still find myself not satisfied with my TL because of the probabilities and possibilities of tranny failure. I have a hard enough time dealing with traffic BS without my car f**king up.

The problem is, I like the 2nd gen TL bodystyle the most out of all and find a 4 door more convenient for me. Why didn't they make the 2nd gen TL with a 6spd option dammit!!?? Anyway, so the other option is to keep my TL and maybe upgrade the tranny. I just don't think I want to do that. And the new TL's just don't do it for me either.

So I guess what I'm looking for here is just ideas, suggestions, support, and comments from people who might have some insight on these different models. What should I do?

-Keep TL
-CL
-Accord Cpe
Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
CL six speed.. if you want to get rid of the TL. if you go for an accord coupe, even if its an EXV6, youre definitly not gonna be satisfied with the huge jump in downgrade from a TL to a honda accord. you could just tell from the way the door closes. close a door on any honda accord, it'll sound like a tin can, then do it on a TL/CL.. big difference. i would love to go for a CL but i never found one. its too rare, but if you do.. you should definitly go for it if youre ever considering it. the CL 6-Speed was only available as an '03 model. good luck looking for one! ohyeah, you'll love it since it feels like your TL, but alot sportier and more fun to drive!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Hmm...Is that right??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronnn
CL six speed.. if you want to get rid of the TL. if you go for an accord coupe, even if its an EXV6, youre definitly not gonna be satisfied with the huge jump in downgrade from a TL to a honda accord. you could just tell from the way the door closes. close a door on any honda accord, it'll sound like a tin can, then do it on a TL/CL.. big difference. i would love to go for a CL but i never found one. its too rare, but if you do.. you should definitly go for it if youre ever considering it. the CL 6-Speed was only available as an '03 model. good luck looking for one! ohyeah, you'll love it since it feels like your TL, but alot sportier and more fun to drive!
is there really that big a diff on the 03-05 exV6 as far as solidity?

and the CL-6spd is not impossible to find, there are a lot in the Autotrader, but I will have to get it transported from out of state most likely and buy it sight unseen .

either way, accord or CL, I want one with Nav, so it's even harder

thanks aaronnn
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
OK ... not directly to do with 2nd gen TL. This thread belongs in car talk (off-topic section). Thread closed.