Took my car in for warrenty service =(

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Took my car in for warrenty service =(

This is the third time i brought my car in for warrenty service...nothing big,(1) just more rattles/sqeaks, (2)a jacked up battery, (3) the driver side window button, (4) the bumper color doesn't match on my WDP, (5) the cd changer gets jammed.

The service guy seems nice, but he a b!itch when it comes to fixing the car...it seems that he doesn't want to fix or replace anything. He gives me a hard time about the rattle/squeak problems becuase i have my car lowered and he says that warrenty will only cover it til 20,000 miles, but i only had 8,900. I had to call Acura Roadside Assit. THREE times for a dead battery, so i asked him to replace it, he was hesistant...he just wanted to charge it up (i leave my radio on for 1 hr while i'm in the garge and battery dies). The window button had a recall, they should've replaced it when i bought the car and they didn't, i didn't get a notice neither. And about the WDP bumper....other ppl on this board have said that they either got A new bumper or got it repainted...he's all telling me that HE might consider repainting it but not Replacing it. What's the problem? since it's under warrenty ACURA pays for it. Could some of you tell me which dealers are not anal about serice reparts in SoCal? because i think this is the last time i'm gonna bring it to South Coast Acura.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just going to say....screw him and take it elsewhere. Everythign you just mentioned should be done to your specification. BS if you ask me. Take it elsewhere and you'll be fine.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

totally agree, that punk is full of BS. you are in orange county so bring the car to other dealers. like the keyes acura or pasadena. it's a bit further but you probably get much better service

and yeah, everything you mentioned are under warranty and they ahve to fix the errors to y our satisfactory
Old 02-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Racer

Re: Took my car in for warrenty service =(

Originally posted by AcuraTLFan
This is the third time i brought my car in for warrenty service...nothing big,(1) just more rattles/sqeaks, (2)a jacked up battery, (3) the driver side window button, (4) the bumper color doesn't match on my WDP, (5) the cd changer gets jammed.

The service guy seems nice, but he a b!itch when it comes to fixing the car...it seems that he doesn't want to fix or replace anything. He gives me a hard time about the rattle/squeak problems becuase i have my car lowered and he says that warrenty will only cover it til 20,000 miles, but i only had 8,900. I had to call Acura Roadside Assit. THREE times for a dead battery, so i asked him to replace it, he was hesistant...he just wanted to charge it up (i leave my radio on for 1 hr while i'm in the garge and battery dies). The window button had a recall, they should've replaced it when i bought the car and they didn't, i didn't get a notice neither. And about the WDP bumper....other ppl on this board have said that they either got A new bumper or got it repainted...he's all telling me that HE might consider repainting it but not Replacing it. What's the problem? since it's under warrenty ACURA pays for it. Could some of you tell me which dealers are not anal about serice reparts in SoCal? because i think this is the last time i'm gonna bring it to South Coast Acura.
They should either repair or replace whatever the problems you have. However, the fix of rattles/sqeaks may not meet your satisfaction; because all service guys are deaf!!! They will either tell you can't hear anyting or give you some kind of BS excuses. (I already been through that part!!)
Old 02-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Tustin acura is really known for their service...and you sound like your near there hope that helps!!!
Old 02-27-2002, 03:37 AM
Pro

OC Dealers...

Thanks for the heads up TLFan... I just purchased a new TLS in O.C. as well and it looks like I may be heading to the dealer for some engine noises. I will stay away from Costa Mesa, although it is close to my work. I guess our other choices are Tustin Acura or Mission Viejo. Let me know how things go where ever you go next. The problem is we shouldn't need to ever go! I bought a 94 Camry new and it has never been to the dealer for a problem. I've only replaced the rear brakes and the 60K timing belt, spark plugs, and tires. It has NEVER had a problem. I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling in my gut that I shoulda, coulda, woulda bought a Lexus based on my Toyota experience, but went with the cheaper Acura instead. This board and my first day's noises are beginning to scare me... maybe the Acura is cheaper for a reason!
Old 02-27-2002, 06:27 AM
Dunton1

Thumbs up Warranty Work

Hey AcuraTLFan,

Try Mission Viejo Acura. My buddy just has his bad rotors fixed. No questions asked. Mine are also starting to warp and thats where I am going to take it for warranty work. Stay away from South Coast (Jack A$$es)!!!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:51 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
take it to one of the places mentioned and F*** him. Alot of those gus seem to be blockers and dont like to do anything to your car unles you pay, when you pay 30k or so for a car you deserve better!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLFan

Acura = Bad Service. Stay away from South Coast - especially that advisor kid. He is wet dreaming. doesn't know jack, doesn't want to do anything. If you are lucky, you get different advisor from south coast. I am speaking of both under warranty and within reason, but this kid....is just wet dreamding.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kchao2000
They should either repair or replace whatever the problems you have. However, the fix of rattles/sqeaks may not meet your satisfaction; because all service guys are deaf!!! They will either tell you can't hear anyting or give you some kind of BS excuses. (I already been through that part!!)
How come when I farted lightly and slowly and he could hear it..!! I guess he smelled it and realized he heard something.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by acutee
How come when I farted lightly and slowly and he could hear it..!! I guess he smelled it and realized he heard something.
dude, what does that have to do with anything? but anyways i showed him my roids hanging out of my hole, and then he seen it, so i know for sure his eyes are good