TL visors

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:56 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy TL visors

I have a 2003 TL that I bought last August. Several months ago, I noticed a small wear mark at the top of the driver's-side visor. It has since turned into a small hole. After carefully looking at both visors, it appears that this one is hitting the panic strap when I put it to my left and that is what caused the hole. Also, both visors seem to rub on the visor holder thing when you open them. One has a very neat, symmetrical hole on the back near the top, and one (less used) has a wear spot in the identical pattern, sort of like those oval bubbles you fill in on tests. This does not seem like "normal wear and tear" to me, as I have never had it happen in another car, not even the one I had for 12 years. My mileage isn't even 9,000 yet, so I'm not driving the car into the ground, either, and putting extra wear on the visor because of always being in the car.

Has anybody else had this problem? What did you do? Do you think the dealer will replace the visors for me? Suggestions on how to stop this from happening again once I get new visors?
Thanks for your help.

RaccoonDeb
Old 07-10-2003, 02:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello. Not to sound like a stalker or anything, but if you update your profile with city and state your chances of getting *specific* help are increased. Now back to your original questions...

This is the first time I've heard this problem mentioned here. You may want to do a quick search here using the word "visor" and see if anything exciting comes up. Nevertheless, I would imagine your favorite Acura dealership should be willing to fix your visors under warranty. I can't imagine why they'd deteriorate so fast... maybe you caught a bad batch?

Personally, since I wear dark shades while driving I don't have to move my visors much. And when I do move them they usually don't block what I need it to!

Good luck with your dealer!

V.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:41 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks - I've just update my profile.

I'm due to take the car in soon for maintenance and thought I'd mention it then and try to get it taken care of. I did a google search for TL visors and nothing came up, but I haven't searched the forums yet - I'll try that. Thanks for the advice.

RaccoonDeb