TL Security

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL Security

Just wondering what security features that the TL has. This is what I'm familiar with so far:

ボ The TL key is coded so that it will only start if you have a properly coded key. You can make copies at the hardware store, but those copies will not start the car.
ボ The doors will not lock if a door/trunk is ajar.
ボ If you press the Lock button twice on your remote, it sounds a small beep (not from the horn).
ボ Press the unlock button once for the driver's side, twice for all doors.
ボ Press the Lock and Panic button at the same time and a force field is created around your car that is impervious to everything (haha。K j/k)

Are there any other features that anyone is familiar with? For example, does the TL have starter kill?
Old 12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Mr. Self Destruct

Re: TL Security

Originally posted by Bincent
Just wondering what security features that the TL has. This is what I'm familiar with so far:
ボ The doors will not lock if a door/trunk is ajar.
The doors will lock if the TRUNK is open. You just cannot get the beep, no matter how many times you press the lock button. At least this is how my TLS works. The alarm LED dosn't come on until the trunk closes, but the doors definitely lock.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Advanced

No one else knows of any other security features of the TL??
Old 12-19-2002, 01:40 PM
10th Gear

If you accidently or purposely unlock your doors but don't actually open the doors the car will automatically lock itself after a certain period of time. I think it happens within a couple of minutes.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by muddanas
If you accidently or purposely unlock your doors but don't actually open the doors the car will automatically lock itself after a certain period of time. I think it happens within a couple of minutes.
It's actually 30 seconds.

Also, the remote functions will not work if a key is in the ignition.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Race Director

DAMN makes me think what the 2004 TL Will have..
I hope they have a option for Keyless Entry, With the Card..
Old 12-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Advanced

I wonder when fingerprint technology will make it to the automakers... now that will be cool... no need for any keys whatsoever.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Re: TL Security

ボ If you press the Lock button twice on your remote, it sounds a small beep (not from the horn).
(I'm sure someone will soon scream at you to read the manual.... but.....)

I remember someone saying the beep is a confirmation that the system is armed. Also that it is in valet mode.

Like I said, someone will soon scream and then quote the manual to you.:p

------------------------

Just saw this in another post:

One more (credit to pianoman on this one )

When you press the lock button on your keyless entry twice to 'hear it beep' you are activating the auto-lock mechanism. So the next time you hit unlock and don't open the door within a certain time the car automatically locks itself. Where as if you only locked up the car by hitting the button once it won't auto-lock on you

_
Old 12-19-2002, 06:55 PM
Safety Car

Does the alarm go off if someone force open your trunk?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:10 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: TL Security

Originally posted by eggbert

(I'm sure someone will soon scream at you to read the manual.... but.....)

I remember someone saying the beep is a confirmation that the system is armed. Also that it is in valet mode.

Like I said, someone will soon scream and then quote the manual to you.:p

------------------------

Just saw this in another post:

One more (credit to pianoman on this one )

When you press the lock button on your keyless entry twice to 'hear it beep' you are activating the auto-lock mechanism. So the next time you hit unlock and don't open the door within a certain time the car automatically locks itself. Where as if you only locked up the car by hitting the button once it won't auto-lock on you

_
No it auto-arms itself in 1 and 2 Press of the Lock Button and will automatically RELOCK if you unlock and dont open the door in 30 SECS.

The 2 press is just a Noise to tell u its armed, but the one press does the same thing
Old 12-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Race Director

I wonder when fingerprint technology will make it to the automakers... now that will be cool... no need for any keys whatsoever.
Would be cool but for people that didnt have there fingerprint in the car like a cousin that would drive my car or something than they would have probs.. ANd if i put his fingerprint in than he can get in anytime without a key.. and Eventually Hackers will crack the software somehow...

BUT YA IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
I wonder why the number thing phased out..

My dad has it on his 94 Maxima ( 4 Code number opens your door - after u put in the code it unlocks all the doors, if u press the trunk button it will open the trunk, if u press the lock button it will relock the doors, and if u press the window button and hold it than it will open the front 2 windows as long as u hold and soon as u let go it stops rolling down so you can customizably put the windows down.. Its a neat feature especially on a 8 Year old car, why isnt it on cars now adays? Doesnt the new Accord have a Window Open Feature with the Key Fob?
Old 12-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
The numeric keypad is obsolete. Who needs it when almost all cars today come with remote keyless entry?

Ford used to do that on some of their cars. One of my friends' mom had a Ford station wagon with the numeric keypad. The factory default setting for unlocking the vehicle was 15353. I didn't know that at the time, and she never bothered to change it.

A few months later, I was with my friends and I spotted a black Explorer. It belonged to a kid that I REALLY hated. We were going to egg it, but I thought for a second, "Oh, what the hell? Let's try the 15353."

1-5-3-5-3 Unlocked. Holy ****!! We opened all the doors and the rear cargo door and left it like that. Of course, the kid thought his car got broken into. It was a classic moment.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
The numeric keypad is obsolete. Who needs it when almost all cars today come with remote keyless entry?

Ford used to do that on some of their cars. One of my friends' mom had a Ford station wagon with the numeric keypad. The factory default setting for unlocking the vehicle was 15353. I didn't know that at the time, and she never bothered to change it.

A few months later, I was with my friends and I spotted a black Explorer. It belonged to a kid that I REALLY hated. We were going to egg it, but I thought for a second, "Oh, what the hell? Let's try the 15353."

1-5-3-5-3 Unlocked. Holy ****!! We opened all the doors and the rear cargo door and left it like that. Of course, the kid thought his car got broken into. It was a classic moment.
LOL! ARE YOU SERIOUS LOL!!! well thats stupid, of course you change default settings.. when a website sends u a password do you not change it? well anyways he might not have bought the car new and bought it used and did not know last code, and did not know that it was still at default..

Anyways my dad bought his car last year, and at that time I thought this thing was cool.. We bought it from a small dealership so they did not know the code from the previous owner.. So I called Nissan and they said theres a master code for each individual car behind the Glove Box.. They told me to unscrew the Glove Box and the number was behind there.... My dad said NO.. and he never let me open it.. But I went underneath with a Flashlight and found the Box it said Cont-Assy Something System Made in Japan.. I was like AWESOME.. And It was S****** so I entered the number in the Keypad and it had a long Beep, I was told to enter a new code while this long beep went on.. And VOILA! It helped us once when we locked the key in the car LOL!

Anyways isnt the Keyless Entry Remotes Easily Crackable? I always consider that More than half of the cars use Remotes and if a Hacker wanted to, couldnt he get a universal scanner like on a TV Remote and Make all the Alarms on the Parking Lot go off and stuff like that? I mean theres not too much encryption in the REMOTE is there?