TL-S vs. Nissan Sentra (180hp)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2001, 02:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Post TL-S vs. Nissan Sentra (180hp)

I dunno guys -- this new Sentra has got me pretty faded -- the new engine is SURE to smoke the living @#$@#$ outta the TL-S in every category. Plus, I'm sure the handling is at Porsche levels -- seriously -- what you think?

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 03-31-2001, 03:47 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let the RSX owners have fun.....
Old 03-31-2001, 02:58 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SE-R V spec is not in the same class as the TL. However, the V spec is not going to smoke the TLS. Let it run with the integras and civics, but not the TLS. Although, the new Sentra does look pretty good in the 4 cylinder world of integras, civics, and imprezas(RS). And if the rumored price of less than 20 grand is true, than it would be a great deal. But it doesn't stand anywhere near the TLS.
Old 03-31-2001, 03:16 PM
Ain't No Other...

COME ON NOW!!!
where you guys coming up with these comparisons...we are doing one on the TL-S against Maxmia SE, which should have been the TL against the Maxima SE...

And dont give me this..."OH yea, well the maxima manual will kick its ***"

And I'll reply, well mate our TL's with a manual tranny, then there would be no comparison against the maxima, TL manual tranny with its current engine will smoke a maxima manual, auto...

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL, 17x7.5 ATP wheels with Pirelli 215/50/17 P7000SS, H&R OE springs, OEM spoiler, K&N filter, Tint all Around. Inspire Foglight Switch, PIAA 1700X fogs, Polarg M-12 corners.
Old 03-31-2001, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Red face

A Sentra SER V-spec will not be in the same class as the TL-S and it will not beat one in straight line acceleration either. It may out handle the TL-S but that is where the comparison ends. And as far as quality and fit/finish it is not similar either. The only thing I will grant you is that both cars are great bang-for-the-buck vehicles along with the WRX as well! It all depends on your preferences, pocket rockets or sports sedans. My .02 cents!
Old 03-31-2001, 06:36 PM
Advanced

I think you might want to more consider the upcoming 2002 Altima with the 240 HP V6. If the rumors are true on this car, it could be quite nice. However, the TL-S is really a different class of car I think. Also, the 2002 Maxima is rumored to be getting the 3.5 liter V6 of at least 260 HP. Just some food for thought.
Old 03-31-2001, 11:46 PM

Sentra??????

Old 04-01-2001, 03:20 AM
Safety Car

I don't know if you all understood or interpreted the IMPLIED sarcasm with the initial Title of this particular topic --

This is a rip on all those Maxima fans (unaware apparently that there is a www.maxima.org) that intend to prove that the Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima, and every other car under $20K is an equivalent and comparable match in value/ammenites/luxury/performance to the TL and TL-S.

Anyone who gets as incredibly disturbed and upset as 4DSC is obviously suffering from lack of sleep and a horrible love life.

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 04-01-2001, 10:00 PM

Originally posted by PeterUbers:
I don't know if you all understood or interpreted the IMPLIED sarcasm with the initial Title of this particular topic --

This is a rip on all those Maxima fans (unaware apparently that there is a www.maxima.org) that intend to prove that the Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima, and every other car under $20K is an equivalent and comparable match in value/ammenites/luxury/performance to the TL and TL-S.

Anyone who gets as incredibly disturbed and upset as 4DSC is obviously suffering from lack of sleep and a horrible love life.

wow cant u live a day of ur life without kicking urself for buying a car that is more $$ but less performance? i mean comeon... get off the subject already... MY 4DSC will burn ur TL-S in reverse... so just get off it and let it rest... i know its hard for u to live ur life knowing this but i mean come on its ok... life goes on...

Old 04-01-2001, 10:26 PM

Compare Manual TL-s to a Max? Sounds like someone has a case of "well if my car had this, it would be fater than..." Dude you have a nice quiet riding sporty 4 door sedan. You can't win em all. A Max is a bargain for those who realize it. You can get out the door with a base Max SE for almost $10K less. But hey if you got the dough to blow, then more power to ya. I'd rather invest the difference...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by HondaBTR on April 01, 2001 @ ]</font>

Old 04-01-2001, 10:48 PM

Why the hell are you comparing the TL-S to the Maxima anyway? Is it because you're admitting it takes Honda's luxury class of vehicles to compete against Nissan's standard line? If you're going to compare the max to anything it should be something comparable like the v6 accord. Oops, Max wins. Don't compare vehicles that arent' in the same class it makes you sound guilty for spending the extra money on a luxury car.

Old 04-01-2001, 11:04 PM

Poor little hair Peter. Ya know you stink. your initials are P.U.? We have radar-when you folks mention MAximas...we know about it!

Old 04-01-2001, 11:32 PM

Talking

"a big little girl " What does that mean HP? Remember, I'm slow.

Old 04-01-2001, 11:36 PM

who the **** is HP?

Old 04-01-2001, 11:37 PM

Peetie and I are buddies. I call him HP (short for Hairy Peter). It's an inside joke.

Old 04-01-2001, 11:58 PM

Wink

Hey P.U. just read the signature buddy

------------------
1997 Nissan Maxima SE
"revs like no other engine this side of a Ferrari V8" What was said about the Maxima 3.0L v6 not the TL v6 sorry guys maybe you might have one of the 10 best engines 7 years and running someday but not for at least another 8 years

Old 04-02-2001, 12:50 AM
Safety Car

GTR, "buddy,"

So you think your 1997 Maxima revs like a Ferrari? Ten best engine huh? Um, ok, I'm glad you like your car and are gratified by the "Ten Best Engine" rating. You're a better person because of it. Oh, and did you scan every article written about the TL-S until you found the slowest 0-60 time? What's a 1997 Maxima go for these days -- about $12,000? That's a pretty cheap Ferrari!

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 04-02-2001, 01:41 AM

why does it always have to come into the whole money issue? some people can't afford a car that costs over $35k...but some people (myself included) can, but feel that they can do much better...my cars sticker price was over $29k...didn't pay that much, but that is what the sticker price was...the normal tl costs about $3-4k more and the max beats it in EVERY single category...the tl-s costs about $10k more than a fully loaded 2k maxima se...i will admit that a tl-s will beat an auto maxima in straight line acceleration...and it will be extremely close between your cars and a manual maxima in straight line accel...but that is where it stops...you guys are like mustang owners...you have power and feel that your cars are the only ones that should be allowed on the roads...your cars also can't hanlde worth shit...lets go on a skidpad...anyone? open challenge here...a ton of maxima owners from all around the U.S. have left open challenges to all of you for races...anyone going to step up?

i personally do like the tl-s...i think it looks very nice and performs very well...but i think the maxima is a much better car for the money...think about what we are saying here...everyone on the tl-s board is comparing their car to a maxima...nissan's aren't even the high end of the company...infiniti is...acura is the high end of honda though...hmm...when a car that costs from $18k-29k new compares evenly to a car that costs over $35k, i'd say the other car has plenty going for it

i think it's great that all of you like your cars and i also think it's great that all of us maxima owners enjoy our cars...why can't we all just drive happy and stop trying to flame on each other...the fact that there are so many posts up about the tl-s vs. the maxima says that we are competition for each other...just enjoy the car that you have and stop trying to say bad things about other peoples cars

i see plenty of old honda civics that i can easily race and kick their asses, but i'm not going to...and i'm not going to go and make fun of the fact that their car is only worth $5k...peter, don't make fun of gtrblkmax because his 97 maxima now goes for $12k...do you just keep cars for a year and then sell them before they lose any value? if he wants to spend $12k, that is his choise and if that is all he can afford, that is his choise also...you don't have the right to come on here and say things like that

------------------
2000 Nissan Maxima...race me

Old 04-02-2001, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by SinnedTL:
COME ON NOW!!!
where you guys coming up with these comparisons...we are doing one on the TL-S against Maxmia SE, which should have been the TL against the Maxima SE...

And dont give me this..."OH yea, well the maxima manual will kick its ***"

And I'll reply, well mate our TL's with a manual tranny, then there would be no comparison against the maxima, TL manual tranny with its current engine will smoke a maxima manual, auto...

But I dont see a manual in the TL, so right now it cant . Oh yeah, you should change all of that TL to TLS because the TL cant beat a MAxima. Much love to the TL though.

------------------
2K Maxima GLE

Old 04-02-2001, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

I find it interesting that none of our new Nissan friends (and by friends I mean trolls) compare their Maximas to the TL when the true competitor for the TL is the I30. Or doesn't THAT debate quite stack up in your favor?

Seriously, people... get a life.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
Old 04-02-2001, 12:21 PM
Safety Car

Mr "Burner,"

Kudos. You're a gentleman AND a scholar. Acutally, I'm not in competition w/ anyone. I think it's funny to come on here once in a while and post against some clearly angry and vengeful Maxima owners. You think your Max is faster -- sure, fine, I don't care. Hey man, you'll find the cop before I do, as far as I'm concerned.

But Mr. Burner -- have some respect. Don't come on the TL Type S forum WITHIN the Acura TL FORUM, and tell me what I should and shoudln't say to Maxima owners in "retaliation" to some of their petty, and childish comments. If you want to have a conversation calmly discussing the value of the Maxima, and compare each and every feature vs. feature against the TL/TL-S, let's do that. But when your Maxima Compadres comes on this forum (and I've visited Maxima.org, and it doesn't every occur to me to flame Maxima owners on that particular board when I was there.. so hmmm... do Maxima owners have a maturity problem, or are near-luxury cars always set for a HIGHER age bracket .. go figure) .. and start talking smack -- guess what!! TL owners are gunna talk smack. Well, I'm gunna go back to work, this is pretty silly, but it's still fun. See ya later in another Maxima topic Mr. Burned.

Peace

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 04-02-2001, 12:24 PM
Safety Car

And I think Maxima owners ARE turning into Stang owners -- they're seemingly on the prowl looking for a race like the punk kids in my neighborhood driving daddy's Mustang around looking for a race.

Hey -- "2000 Maxima ... race me" .. why don't you go join a circuit or something and race competetively or something?????????

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 04-02-2001, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by PeterUbers:
Mr "Burner,"

See ya later in another Maxima topic Mr. Burned.

Peace

see u could have finished this little thing off with your whole statement but ending it with that "Mr. Burned" is just a little cheap shot at us... there is an open challenge out by a lot of us but seems to me like no one is taking it... so who is the one that is burned? i know i know u dont race ur cars... they are luxury cars... but u kno what ur car is 40 hp greater than our maxima which actually is a close race... i got a car that has 40 hp more than urs... is out of your TL-S league in every aspect and i dont come here saying that i can kick ur A$$es with it... but my GS will rock the SH!T out of ur TL-S and its also not for racing... so shall i come and challenge u guys with my GS? seems to me like u think its a better comparison then the Maxima to TL-S

Old 04-02-2001, 07:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by psing23:

see u could have finished this little thing off with your whole statement but ending it with that "Mr. Burned" is just a little cheap shot at us... there is an open challenge out by a lot of us but seems to me like no one is taking it... so who is the one that is burned? i know i know u dont race ur cars... they are luxury cars... but u kno what ur car is 40 hp greater than our maxima which actually is a close race... i got a car that has 40 hp more than urs... is out of your TL-S league in every aspect and i dont come here saying that i can kick ur A$$es with it... but my GS will rock the SH!T out of ur TL-S and its also not for racing... so shall i come and challenge u guys with my GS? seems to me like u think its a better comparison then the Maxima to TL-S

Dude... are you 12? Chill and enjoy your car.
Old 04-02-2001, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by BarryH:

Dude... are you 12? Chill and enjoy your car.
actaully im 18... i am young and i act it... im not trying to hide anything.. just these little things piss me off...

Old 04-02-2001, 11:47 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
The upcoming Acura RSX (180-220hp)is the best candidate vs. the small Sentra, not the TL.