TL-S Aftermarket Performance???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 07:29 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TL-S Aftermarket Performance???

I have not even purchased my TL-S yet but have test driven three thus far and found identical performance between them all which indicates good tolerances in assembly. The question I pose is that very few aftermarket companies consider the TL or TL-S cars that they should start producing parts for. I however think either model are great platforms to build from! I suggest to all of you true motorheads and speed freaks like myself that have a touch of class to even choose such a sports sedan to start calling the different companies and put forth the notion to consider these cars for parts development. I personally have emailed Jackson Racing twice with no reply at all so far. I really want Jackson to think about applying his supercharger package to the TL cars. It seems a match made in heaven to me and would put the TL-S in the low to flat 14's in the quarter and that is where I want mine eventually. I do not want to mess with nitrous. I want forced induction and I feel supercharging with a VTEC 6 cylinder is the way to go for power. Tell me what you think about my post and if you are up to it,,,LET'S START RAISING THE ATTENTION OF THESE AFTERMARKET COMPANIES TO THE ACURA TL AND TL-S FOR ITS POTENTIAL TO FINALLY BE RECONGNIZED!!!!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by TedV on March 21, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-21-2001, 09:57 AM

Cool

do a search on previous posts - this isuue was already discussed in the TL forum - I believe there is a supercharger in the works - should be done in less than a year or something like that.
Old 03-21-2001, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Cool

Actually, the TL gets a lot of support from aftermarket manufacturers. They make pretty much everything for this car (exhaust, CAI, headers, suspension, etc.). Just go to the acura-tl home page and look at all the stuff Tim has for sale. About the only thing they don't have is a super / turbo charger. Like XDriver said, do a search, something is supposed to be in the works. I don't know that I would hold my breath for this to happen anytime soon though. The people on this website are in a very small majority. Out of all of the TL's Acura has sold, probably 1-2% of those would modify their car, nevermind add a supercharger. Just look at the demographics for the car....

------------------
1998 Acura CL 3.0 (Iced Blue) ** Some mods, but who cares,
I want a Type-S... (CL or TL)!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum @ www.acura-cl.com

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by juniorbean on March 21, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-21-2001, 07:13 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have skimmed through all the TL-S posts and there are too many TL posts right now for me to look at currently. Hopefully, someone can get through to someone to develop some parts that will add significant HP and Torque. Headers, Air Intakes and Exhausts are not cost effective on a naturally aspirated car. The best bang for the buck would be a supercharger or turbo kit.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:12 AM

Actually I did write Jackson Rcing asking them if they had a supercharger in the works and they said they didn't. They wanted to focus on the Integra and had no plans to work on the TL-S/CL-S. Hopefully someone will take notice and do something. But if you think about they want to get into a market where they will have high sales, e.g. Integra's and Civic's. Honestly, I don't see a large number of TL/CL owners purchasing superchargers compared to the Integra's and Civic's. Basic business practices, invest in R&D of those products which you would make money on. Unfortunately that's how it works.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by SgtJimmy:
Actually I did write Jackson Rcing asking them if they had a supercharger in the works and they said they didn't. They wanted to focus on the Integra and had no plans to work on the TL-S/CL-S. Hopefully someone will take notice and do something. But if you think about they want to get into a market where they will have high sales, e.g. Integra's and Civic's. Honestly, I don't see a large number of TL/CL owners purchasing superchargers compared to the Integra's and Civic's. Basic business practices, invest in R&D of those products which you would make money on. Unfortunately that's how it works.

They're not developing one for the CL/TL and probably never will. There's no demand for it. Last I heard though, they WERE developing one for the V6 Accord. This may have changed, but it was the latest news. Now, in theory, that may work on the CL/TL. That's pretty much your only hope. For now, read this topic, it has some more info on upgrades....
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000425.html

------------------
1998 Acura CL 3.0 (Iced Blue) ** Some mods, but who cares,
I want a Type-S... (CL or TL)!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum @ www.acura-cl.com

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by juniorbean on March 22, 2001 @ ]</font>