TL Radiator and Condenser Fan Questions when AC on......

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
TL Radiator and Condenser Fan Questions when AC on......

When the AC is on shouldn't both fans kick on and stay on? Or does it turn off and turn back on? I never really paid much attention to the fans till recently after my overheating issue.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Pop's Wheels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think, but I'm not certain, that the condenser fan will go on and off as needed
Old 08-14-2016, 07:31 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
A/C ON:
Both Fans on @25%-50% switching On and Off depending on Outside Temp, Full ON if Outside temp is too high.

TL uses both fans at the same time always.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by therealjgall
I think, but I'm not certain, that the condenser fan will go on and off as needed
Thank you for the reply!

Originally Posted by Skirmich
A/C ON:
Both Fans on @25%-50% switching On and Off depending on Outside Temp, Full ON if Outside temp is too high.

TL uses both fans at the same time always.
Thank you that is exactly what I needed to hear. I never really paid much attention to the fans but ever since the overheating issue Ive been a bit paranoid now! I did notice that at one point both fans were on at a higher rpm and turned off and from there it just kicked on and off at a lower speed. Makes sense from what you are stating no point to have it on at all times at it would probably cool the car down more than it should! Both fans do kick on at all times!