TL with comptech sway bars...handle like my 2k TypeR

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 10:58 AM

Post TL with comptech sway bars...handle like my 2k TypeR

almost! I installled mine over the weekend. It was really hard to take out/put in new ones specially the front. Rears, no sweat at all.
Old 01-29-2001, 05:08 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow, that's good to know

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 01-29-2001, 05:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Well tl-na-tl,

How do you like your sways? Any impressions would be appreciated.

I have also added the Comptech sways but with the roads in the northeast icy or sandy,
not much of a chance to push things to the limit. I could, but I don't want to join the crowd writing about their wrecked TL's.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Just get em. I'm totally confident in taking almost any turn. You get to that s2ooo point where you are in either one of two states: traction and no traction. It's like avideo game.

------------------
Some Said, "TL Type S," Soon They Will Say, "Wannabe TL-S." Navi, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 01-30-2001, 05:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

I installed my Comptech sways this weekend to. I also heard that the front was harder to install, but it had the same # of bolts.
I did have to jack the car up alittle higher to get the stock sway bar out and put the new one in.
Haven't done any cornering yet, car does seem tighter, more respondsive to the steering wheel just driving normal.
Also put in centering rings on my wheels, which got ride of alittle viberation I had in the steering wheel at high speeds.

------------------
Members, thanks for your support! Please check with us on prices for any car parts Chances are were the lowest
2000 Acura TL
AEM CAI
Mugen Sport Suspension
Comptech headers
Racing Hart C2's w/Dunlop SP9000 225/40/18
Comptech Sways
AutoCarParts.com
Acura-TL.com
info@acura-tl.com
My Ride
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/My_Rides/RacingHart.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 01-30-2001, 08:44 AM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Sways improve overall handling a lot. Now, I don't know if the car will feel like a TypeR

Remember that the TL's have sh!tty tires so if you get fatter rubbers, you're in business!
Old 01-30-2001, 10:52 AM

Yes, TL with Comptech sways (F+R) do feels like TypeR. Cornering, sudden lane changes
are little bit more accurate and quicker. Steering feels a little bit tighter than usual. Comptech uses polyurethane bushing at
the rears but uses the stock ones in front...
that's a bummer to me. If you plan on installing the sways yourself, make sure you
jack up the car at least 2 feet off the ground to give you more ground clearance and
that's make life much, much easier to remove
the old unit and put the new one back in. I did not have this luxury...so I suffered while putting the front ones. My advice, too,
is to remove the front tires to gain better
access to the end links without going underneath the car while un-bolting the nuts.
I used the craftsman hex-bit (5mm) attached to the wrench (forgot the exact tool name) instead of the hex-bit key (like the letter L). Worth all the effort/money. Just do it!!!