Tire Pressure Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire Pressure Sensors?

Howdy all.

In my never ending quest for mods to think about, I was wondering if there are aftermarket systems you can buy where you'll be able to monitor the tire pressure of all your wheels while inside your vehicle like you can on some other cars.

I've done a quick search and it appears that such systems exist, but I can't seem to find any for further details.

I know such a thing isn't necessarily needed, and I do check my tires on a routine basis before driving and check 'em around once a week with a my tire pressure guage, but I think it'd be nice to have a little display in the car to give me that info if ever I should forget to check it and I think something's up while driving.

So... what would be required for such a mod? Special tires? Or would any do?

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out Tirerack.com - I believe you can use the systems they sell with any tire, but it's been awhile since I was researching it. The sensors then transmit via radio waves to the monitor inside the car. One of the systems didnt work with tinted windows (I think).
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
just go to a local pepboys, sears auto, or any other private auto shop and ask them to check the tire pressure. u dont even have to get out of the car.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brand: HELLA TC -400 Tire Pressure mointor system

Maintaining correct tire pressure saves you fuel, protects against tire wear, and guards against dangerous loss of traction. Keep track of your tires in real time with Hella's TC-400 tire pressure/temperature monitor system.

The TC-400's four sensors transmit the tire data to the cockpit display, saving your hands from getting dirty every time you want to check your tires. You can change the display's background color to match your car's lighting. This kit comes with everything you need to monitor your car's four tires.

Note: The remote sensors replace the valve stems in your vehicle's wheels. Proper installation, tire replacement, and wheel balancing should be performed by a professional mechanic.
Details:

* tire pressure monitor system
* 4 wireless in-wheel sensors
* display with choice of 7 background colors
* warning buzzer and graphics
* 2-stage low pressure alerts, fast leak alert, high-pressure and -temperature alerts
* warranty: 1 year