Tick, tick, tick, tick... Seat Noises!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005 | 12:31 PM
Pro

Tick, tick, tick, tick... Seat Noises!

Anyone have a ticking sound coming from their passenger seat?

At first I thought it was a sound coming from the rear seats, or the rear deck... but I think I have isolated the noise to the back of the front passenger seat... The noise goes away when I have a passenger sitting in that seat...

Drives me crazy when I drive alone...
Old 10-27-2005 | 12:39 PM
Senior Moderator

is the seat position control in the back position causing the motor to run? or is it something lose type of sound?
Old 10-27-2005 | 12:42 PM
Pro

No...the ticking sound is not mechanical... It sounds like two pieces of material chattering or a loose clip... The vibrations from the road trigger the noise...
Old 10-27-2005 | 12:48 PM
Pro

Funny, I get this squeak from the passenger side seat when I have a passenger in it. Still can't figure it out.

Your case, could be the seat rails, those are known to go bad sometimes. Thats just a guess.
Old 11-21-2005 | 10:45 AM
Pro

Here's my update from my original post...

Took my car in to the dealership... They isolated the noise to the seat frame of my passenger seat... They've overnighted the seat frame and have a local upholster ready to swap the frame out... They assure me that they have used this upholster for all their seat issues, and that he does quality work...

In the meantime, I am tooling around in an 05 TSX...

Wish me luck!
Old 11-21-2005 | 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

How's the power of the 4cl tsx compared to our v6?
Old 11-21-2005 | 01:10 PM
Pro

It's definitely underwhelming from the perspective of my right foot!

But the TSX is surprisingly a fun car to throw around... It is much lighter and less bulky than the 2005 TL that I got as a loaner the last time I brought my car in for warranty work... The TSX is more "nimble"...but for shear power, the TL kicks butt...

Speaking of the 05 TL, I found that the 3G TL had a much smoother transmission than the 2G TLs (they only loan automatics, so I can't say anything about the manual tranny)... But I did find the 3G TL a little more bulky (and less nimble) than our 2G TLs... It might just be what I am used to...

I pride myself on being very objective about my opinions (but of course, at the end of the day, they are just opinions)... I definitely am not bashing the 05 TL... I like it...but I expected to like it more...

But to answer your direct question: The power is terrible compared to the V6 (but more than sufficient)... Keep in mind that they only have automatics for loaners... I have heard the stick is quite fun to drive... (and I wish they had one to me!)...
Old 11-21-2005 | 06:15 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Which dealer are you going to? I've been looking for a dealer that'll give me a loaner.

Yeah I have the same ticking, but only when the passenger is sitting in the seat. I may try to fix it this thanksgiving after I gorge myself and sit my fat ass in the seat for awhile.
Old 11-21-2005 | 06:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by t0ast
Which dealer are you going to? I've been looking for a dealer that'll give me a loaner.

Yeah I have the same ticking, but only when the passenger is sitting in the seat. I may try to fix it this thanksgiving after I gorge myself and sit my fat ass in the seat for awhile.
Stevens Creek Acura

Funny...I have the ticking sound only when someone is NOT sitting in it...
Old 08-02-2019 | 10:06 PM
Advanced

Update: Been posting up in the oil consumption thread as I am working through getting that test started. Discovered I do not have a noisy injector however I do have a noisy number one or number two cam/rocker. Took the car to the dealer on Tuesday to start the oil consumption test. Couldn't start the test because it is leaking slightly from the oil pump gasket.

This dealer was outstanding... .Went back into the service bay with the service tech and asked him to listen to the injector and the valve cover to see if he thought the noise was an injector or the valve train. I listened through his stethoscope and it is definitely coming from the valve train. It has gotten noisier in the past month or so.

Fast forward to today, I changed the oil. Magnetic drain plug had a nub of metallic whiskers on the end. Not the small normal black sludge, but metallic shavings that look like snowflakes. I have an extended warranty from when I bought the car. Dealer is taking the car in on Monday to take apart and verify I have a cam lobe issue.

I am going to ask for them to replace the oil pump if the cams indeed are wearing and causing the metallic particles in the engine. An oil pump is not designed to pump metal shavings and I feel it would be compromised moving forward. That would then fix the oil leak at the oil pump gasket and make me eligible for the oil consumption test.

We shall see... not going gold digging, it's just all the circumstances aligned and created this potential pathway.
Old 08-10-2019 | 09:43 AM
USAF Veteran

Did you mean to post in this thread? This ones dates back to 2005.
The following users liked this post:
whitetiger5 (08-10-2019)