for those who have comtech springs and oem kit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those who have comtech springs and oem kit.

i do my own maintinece and i have comtech springs with a oem kit. How the hell do you guys lift the car up with the stock jack? the wheels wont even lift a bit with the stock jack all the way up.

also with my craftsman jack doesnt even fit underneath the damn car without me having to lift it a bit with the stock jack first to get it under the car. damn it is tiring to use 2 jacks both to help one another.

i was thinking if i got a flat on the road what the hell, i cant even change my tire.
since the front is lower than the rear i can only lift the wheels with the stock jack in the rear but the fronts no way in hell.

i was thinking since these shitty comptech springs are rusting anyway, i might as well opt for soem teins and put it the same height the comptech are in the rear. will this work? also i cant stand the raked look no more.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
lowering the car doesnt add the amout of downward wheel travel, so the stock jack has to work. as for using a different jack use a chunk of 2xwhat ever to driveup on and that should give you the needed height.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

wow!...

i never thought to check the oem jack.
never had a flat with this car.
i always use a floor jack at home.

that could be a problem.

i have to check this.
but Kris...it does increase the upward amount of travel...?..

and my comptechs are rusty also..
i might just put my stock springs back in.

Kris.
i always wondered about..fsttyms1.

what does that mean?.

i'm looking at my keyboard..and it could be just a random typing sequence, but...

Old 10-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
lowering the car doesnt add the amout of downward wheel travel, so the stock jack has to work. as for using a different jack use a chunk of 2xwhat ever to driveup on and that should give you the needed height.

no try it, youll see. It does no raise the wheel any bit. i guess you never had a falt on the road with your comptechs huh.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:38 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a low-ride craftsman wide-track jack that i use at home. i have to insert in towards the middle of the car and move it over while the lift part is allready underneath. i honestly can never find my jack points under the car, so i picked a sturdy section the first time, which scraped off some of the rust proofing unfortunately, so i make sure to put the jack in the same spot each time so i don't mess it up more.

the stock jack should work. i used it when i got a flat about 3 weeks ago. worked like a charm. maybe i can take a photo this afternoon of where i stick my craftsman jack. the one i bought though is lower than the usual one.

SSTS
Old 10-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

no seriously, i tried to swap my 19's out to the stock wheels and the stock jack will not raise the wheel in the front. The rears lift fine but the fronts are no way gonna lift with the stock jack. i wonder if tein owners have a problem with this?
Old 10-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Senior Moderator

what im trying to say is i dont know why it wouldnt get a tire off the ground. eather your car is lower or higher the shock travel is the same, there for the travel of the wheel isnt any greater. it should be able to get it up. i dont understand why it wouldnt. ????
as for my name its abreviated Fast times that was my liscense plate on my car u used for racing auto x, and scca
Old 10-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

i understand why you might think that way but why dont you go out and try it. I am on stock 17 inch wheels with comtech springs with stock shocks. if you have the same setup then go by any means try it. unless comptech made my springs lower just for me.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by asloudasitgets
i understand why you might think that way but why dont you go out and try it. I am on stock 17 inch wheels with comtech springs with stock shocks. if you have the same setup then go by any means try it. unless comptech made my springs lower just for me.
im not lowered. i guess carry a block of wood to go under the jack???? im not saying your wrong either, i believe you i just dont under stand??? all my prevous hondas could use the factory jack when lowered. hummmmmmmmm
Old 10-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

a block of wood would just make the car that much higher and that much more impossible to lift the car. If someone eles can go out and try this just to prove my point.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

a block of wood would just make the car that much higher and that much more impossible to lift the car. If someone eles can go out and try this just to prove my point.
no im talking to go under the jack
Old 10-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh, my bad. Yea i guess that would work. But how ghetto. I dont like the feeling of the comptech breaking on me, and could cause a major crash so i think i am gonna just change them to some tein ss or the tein springs. Anyways i hate that raked look.

do you anythig abou the tein springs not the coilovers>? ride quality?
Old 10-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
i do my own maintinece and i have comtech springs with a oem kit. How the hell do you guys lift the car up with the stock jack? the wheels wont even lift a bit with the stock jack all the way up.
I have put on my Volks (18x7.5) using just the OEM jack at the jack points and used axle stands as insurance. Don't have 19s like you so maybe you need to go higher ... the idea of putting a 2x4 underneath the jack at the jack point doesn't sound like a bad idea. Don't know if that's high enough or not...

A little off-topic, but I'm going Tein High Tech springs as replacement for CT springs. I hear you have to turn the dials on the coilovers such that the threading doesn't rust. That's what I've read on some threads here ... probably couple the springs with Konis.