To those w/ Modulo Badge

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Scru U guyz, Im Goin Home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb To those w/ Modulo Badge

***Just a little thought about the Modula Badge***

So I've done a couple of mods to my ride that others have questioned in the past, like the "Honda" & "Inspire" badging. And I've always defended myself by saying that the TL and Inspire ARE the same car. But now I'm starting to see more and more TL/Inspires w/ the "Modulo" badge and I have to wonder what are they thinking, I mean if I had a MBZ with no AMG mods I would never even think about putting the AMG badge on it or a BMW which wasn't tuned by Dinan, there would be NO Dinan logo on it.

There is a actually a pretty thick line between mods that make our cars stand out from the crowd and mods that are just a ridiculous.

This may be me going a bit too far but: one time i was @ Serramonte (a Bay Area mall) and saw a '94 Toyota Camry with gold fender trim and gold Lexus Badges. It kinda made me fell the same way.

Either way, like I always say -- to each his own -- Right?

And sorry for crapping on the boards again guys but I think this had to be said.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Uhhh ... Modulo is the in-house tuner for Honda, right? (eg M for BMW, AMG for MB) If you take a look at the Inspire over in Japan... the Modulo badge is on the bodykit. I guess that implies the Modulo arm of Honda designed the bodykit? Sure, it probably doesn't help with aerodynamics of the car ... but it looks nice. Nevertheless, those who want the true "JDM" look, the Modulo badge is something you have to have.

Guess -- to each their own. (Since I have those Modulo badges to which you are referring...)
Old 02-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

i have them too

boku, get the body kit... then, you will have a reason to put the modulo badge on.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:48 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boku
***Just a little thought about the Modula Badge***

So I've done a couple of mods to my ride that others have questioned in the past, like the "Honda" & "Inspire" badging. And I've always defended myself by saying that the TL and Inspire ARE the same car. But now I'm starting to see more and more TL/Inspires w/ the "Modulo" badge and I have to wonder what are they thinking, I mean if I had a MBZ with no AMG mods I would never even think about putting the AMG badge on it or a BMW which wasn't tuned by Dinan, there would be NO Dinan logo on it.

There is a actually a pretty thick line between mods that make our cars stand out from the crowd and mods that are just a ridiculous.

This may be me going a bit too far but: one time i was @ Serramonte (a Bay Area mall) and saw a '94 Toyota Camry with gold fender trim and gold Lexus Badges. It kinda made me fell the same way.

Either way, like I always say -- to each his own -- Right?

And sorry for crapping on the boards again guys but I think this had to be said.

sucka free CA?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:03 AM
NorCal you Beezy!

Im from the City...Frisco fasho!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:44 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I have them too and like them.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
The Modulo badge is like having the Honda Factory Performance badge on your car. It doesn't mean that the car was tuned or is faster, it just means you bought some extra options for the car that have the Modulo badge on it.

Mugen is probably closer to an AMG/Dinan like "tuner" for Hondas.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

so where can you get these modulo badges?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

i got lucky and was able to find them on ebay. you can most likely get them from www.aj-racing.com
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned

yep they have them on aj-racing.com
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM

The Modulo badge is like having the Honda Factory Performance badge on your car. It doesn't mean that the car was tuned or is faster, it just means you bought some extra options for the car that have the Modulo badge on it.

Mugen is probably closer to an AMG/Dinan like "tuner" for Hondas.
No Modulo IS to Honda as AMG/Dinan is to MBZ/BMW they are the Honda certified tuning brand of Honda Motor Co.

I guess if your body kit was shipped with the Modulo badge its okay but the 'C' pillars?? c’mon, if you had an A-Spec (Modulo Designed) TL/Inspire or RL/Legend that’s cool but putting them on just cuz they look cool... I mean the "AMG" "E55" looks cool but to put it on your E class just cuz you have a lip that was made by them is disrespectful to those who shell out the real cash for a "*55".

This isn't exactly the same issue but it is parellel on at least one level in that our TL's are not designed or even modified by Modulo. So why Front?

By the way, No disrespect to those with the badge this is just my opinion and I do think that it would be a nice aesthetic addition if not for what it signifies. In fact when Johnson @ AJ-racing asked me if I wanted the Modulo badge it was extremely hard for me to say no.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Banned

No Modulo IS to Honda as AMG/Dinan is to MBZ/BMW they are the Honda certified tuning brand of Honda Motor Co.

I guess if your body kit was shipped with the Modulo badge its okay but the 'C' pillars?? c’mon, if you had an A-Spec (Modulo Designed) TL/Inspire or RL/Legend that’s cool but putting them on just cuz they look cool... I mean the "AMG" "E55" looks cool but to put it on your E class just cuz you have a lip that was made by them is disrespectful to those who shell out the real cash for a "*55".

This isn't exactly the same issue but it is parellel on at least one level in that our TL's are not designed or even modified by Modulo. So why Front?

By the way, No disrespect to those with the badge this is just my opinion and I do think that it would be a nice aesthetic addition if not for what it signifies. In fact when Johnson @ AJ-racing asked me if I wanted the Modulo badge it was extremely hard for me to say no.
ok and what exactly does the modulo package offer on the INSPIRE in japan? THE BODY KIT!

the c-pillar badge is a Honda Of America eagle emblem which comes on the car STOCK in japan.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

In fact when Johnson @ AJ-racing asked me if I wanted the Modulo badge it was extremely hard for me to say no.
Are you referring to A&J Racing in Richmond, BC, Canada? I don't recall a Johnson there (there's only Ben, Justin, Kevin, and a new mechanic guy whose name I forget).
Old 02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

The difference here is that if I took an E series and slapped an AMG sticker on it, it still wouldn't be an AMG. Just like if I took a TL-P and slapped a Type S sticker on it, it wouldn't be a Type S.

Modulo didn't "tune" anything on the car. All Modulo is in Japan is a buzz word similar to Honda Factory Performance or A-Spec in the USA for some more "tuner" like options like a body kit. A Honda Inspire Modulo version doesn't come with a supercharger or any extra performance. IIRC it comes with the bodykit. Which is the same OEM bodykit available for the TL in the USA, just without the Modulo sticker.

So if you have the OEM bodykit and you added the Modulo sticker onto the kit because you felt like it ... who cares? In Japan, thats the way it would have looked. You're not "faking" it like a 325 with an M3 badge. Get my drift here?

If I recall correctly, some of the "Modulo" options in Japan are simply regular options offered on the Acuras.

I agree in some respects if you had an S2000 and you put Modulo stickers all over your car yet you didn't have any of the Modulo parts on your car like the exhaust, it'd be lame. But in this case, the Inspire itself doesn't really offer any differences with the Modulo package.

Think about it this way, if you saw a fake AMG on the road, you'd think the guy was trying to pretend his car was faster than it really was. Its the same reason you might laugh at someone who has a racing wing on his 140hp civic.

When you see the Modulo sticker on the TL, you don't think that the Modulo version should have more power when it really doesn't ...

Thats the difference here, you're not trying to pretend that your car is something it isn't (except maybe trying to pretend its "JDM"). Personally, I don't have any of the Modulo badges on my car, I just don't see any kind of problem with it versus a TL-P owner putting the Type S badge on his or her car.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:19 PM

Points well taken.
But wouldn't a true Modulo Inspire (or Inspire with the Modulo Sport package) have the two tone seats, the Modulo wing, side markers and other miner changes like the headlamps and interior trim?
If you look at all the other Modulo cars and concepts there is is hell of a lot more done to them than just the body kit.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Banned

the INSPIRE has sidemarkers in stock form. they are not part of the modulo 'package.'

there is no modulo wing for the inspire either. they have an OEM (and i mean OEM for japan not OEM for the US) spoiler that is different from our OEM spoiler.

the headlamps are the same between the inspire and the tl.

as far as the interior, im not sure if there are any differences other than the shift knob (which is OEM), the floor mats (OEM) and the airbag (OEM).
Old 02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
In Pursuit of Perfection

LoL no comment, pointless issue
Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 AM
B A N N E D

well amg/M/trd/ nismo

and more...are all performance add ons.

modulo is only looks/ appearances.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:33 AM
HELP!