Think I can get away with it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Think I can get away with it?

Ok, here's the scoop:
I was driving home in my TL-S from work last night on a 4 lane local road (2 up 2 down). For those in the Chicago area, I was on Sanders Road a few blocks north of Willow Rd. As I was minding my own business following this Lexus SUV, a county sheriff came out from no where and started flashing his lights on me. A long story short, he pulled me over for speeding (52mph in a 40mph zone). I claimed that I was going about the same speed as the Lexus SUV and this other car next to it (flow of traffic), but he said they were going about 48mph. I was like...give me a break. I was only 4 mph faster and I didn't even pass them yet. Since my record was clean, he gave me a court diversion. What the heck is that? I'm planning on pleaing not guilty and go to court banking on he's not going to show up. I can tell the judge that the Lexus was speeding and I just so happened to be the last in the pack. If he shows up, I'm screwed! What do you guys think?

axleback
Old 09-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottom line if you are speeding you are speeding, it doesn't matter if you are in a pack of cars or not. I wouldn't tell the judge that you were picked out of a pack of cars, cause to him or her that's no excuse. If you are real lucky the officer will not show, but now days most officers get in trouble by there superiors for not showing, even if it's there day off. Next time you get stopped never admit to the officer that you were speeding as well, cause he will tell the court what you said. A good officer will make notes on his copy of the ticket so he doesn’t forget what you said at the time he pulled you over. Good luck.