There's a new way to wax your car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile There's a new way to wax your car.

This ad came from this month's Car & Driver mag.
Eagle One, the first product designed to wax your car as you dry it off. Spray on wet car and dry to an amazing shine. Find out more at www.eagleone.com
Steps:
1. Wash car
2. Spray on
3. Dry off
You're done.
Anybody uses this product yet? Post some inputs if you have already try it out. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: There's a new way to wax your car.

Originally posted by CKacura
This ad came from this month's Car & Driver mag.

Anybody uses this product yet? Post some inputs if you have already try it out. Thanks!
yeah i'd be curious myself how these products stack up to the regular waxes where u spend hrs on the car. personally i'm too lazy to do that so if this stuff is good i'm going for it!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,149 Posts
It's probably no better than the crap they spray on your car at the carwash if you elect to get "the wax"
Old 06-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have tried it and its not really a wax....it just creates a nice shine on an ALREADY waxed (or taken care of) car. Its called Eagle One Wet. I used to use it in between washes, but now I use the Zaino spray...must better. And since I use Zaino to wax my car the results are enhanced

Its not that Eagle One is a bad product, its just that to get the optimal results you have to have a car that is waxed or a blemish free paint job underneath
Old 06-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL
I have tried it and its not really a wax....it just creates a nice shine on an ALREADY waxed (or taken care of) car. Its called Eagle One Wet. I used to use it in between washes, but now I use the Zaino spray...must better. And since I use Zaino to wax my car the results are enhanced

Its not that Eagle One is a bad product, its just that to get the optimal results you have to have a car that is waxed or a blemish free paint job underneath
You are thinking of the wet wipe and shine, this is a new product they are talking about. I'm thinking of trying it. I wouldn't dare use it on any dark colors, but I have silver, so it really should matter that much. I don't think I would even try it on a black car or anything dark though, but if you have silver or white I bet it works decent.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Pro

Originally posted by accordv6

You are thinking of the wet wipe and shine, this is a new product they are talking about. I'm thinking of trying it. I wouldn't dare use it on any dark colors, but I have silver, so it really should matter that much. I don't think I would even try it on a black car or anything dark though, but if you have silver or white I bet it works decent.
whynot dark colours?
Old 06-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dee diddy

whynot dark colours?
you have to be really careful what you put on dark colored car, streaks appear very easily. After owning several black cars, I have learned you can't really cut corners with a dark color or it just won't look its best. I can spend all day outside waxing my car, but by the end of the day i looks just about the same. Black cars are a completely different animal though....I'm sure the people that own dark cars know what I'm talking about.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

You got that right the dark colors can be a pain.
I have owned 3 other cars all Honda products since 1980.
The cars were all a burgundy type color not red I kept them clean & they always had a great shine. This was in my younger days also. I always wanted to try a black car & got one with my Nighthawk Black 2000TL. This color was not my 1st choice it was only because I could not get a Firepepper Red/ Ebony/Nav combo TL at that time. The stuff I would try with the burgundy cars does not even work the with black. I have tried them easy waxes before with my other cars & had good results but it just would not work with black. I have the Zaino on only the 2nd coat & the results have been wonderful & long lasting.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:56 AM
Pro

icic...well does any1 recommend any other commercial products out there to use on dark colours besides zaino? i have anthracite.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dee diddy
icic...well does any1 recommend any other commercial products out there to use on dark colours besides zaino? i have anthracite.
Wax wise, I really liked Meguiars No. 26 paste for my black cars, it is top quality. I've had no experience with Zaino, but I can tell that the No. 26 is hard to beat as far as wax goes. Polish, I really like Zymol HD cleanse for dark cars. Wet wipe and shine is good to use as well, but I don't think I would try any spray waxes on dark colors.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Meguiars products are excellent. I used them exclusively on my Integra for many years with great results.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:20 AM
Intermediate

I have a black tls and currently using klasse for my wax. I usually wipe off the excess water after the car wash with "the absorber" or similar product. By the time I'm done wiping the car down, it is usually dry, leaving some small spots.
I then use the Eagle Wet Wipe and Shine...spray it on small areas and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.
It leaves the car spot and smudge free, with a very nice shine.

I have been very happy with it so far.

I have chosen not to go with Zaino simple because I don't have the time to wait to do all the steps.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

I don't think it works as a wax.. I mean wax is hydrophobic...if you put wax on a wet car, it'll just beats up and will wipe right off with the rest of the water from the car wash..