Tein Basic Coilovers and Tein SS Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004 | 01:41 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Bread-A Spec
seriously,isn't it harder will be better than softer??.....but i just can tell you....even if i get the SS,i won't change it (like softer or harder).......

let me ask u this,i dropped by Tein springs in 5 months ago......n now i want to change to Coilover,cuz i want the OEM stocks back,for me to sell my car in the future.......so can u tell me wut'z the difference between wut i had now n Basic or SS soon for my daily driving???

give me some more decision.....
From my own personal experience, lowering springs with stock shocks will give you a stiffer ride. Your Tein springs weren't meant to be paired up with your shocks. Complete coilover setup like what Apex'I and Tein offers were designed and matched together for a balanced feel, but definitely not a stock ride. It would last much longer than your current setup. I've heard numbers reaching 50K.

I got the SS because I knew I wanted long term usability. And I didn't want to lose the feel of the stock ride, even though I've lowered it considerably. I drive the car daily, 50-60 miles a day. It was important that I didn't experience the stiffness and overly firmness that comes with mismatched suspensions. Tein and Apex'i are really good at what they do, but I wanted the assurance that I could chose the ride feel that I want, so I paid for that assurance.

I've mentioned another possibilty in another thread of yours and I really recommend that you consider this:
Tokico makes the Illuminas for the Accord, which will fit the TL. It comes with 5 dampening level going from stiff to soft. It's available on Ebay Motors for less than 350 total. You can just buy it and replace your factory shocks/struts, and forget about the whole Coilover business. Of course, the whole mismatch thing comes into play again, but since Tokico, and it's adjustable, you can be sure that you won't have to worry very much about riding stiff or bouncing down on the Interstate.
Old 12-18-2004 | 01:45 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

BTW, harder isn't necessarily better than softer. A balanced ride is the way to go, stiff enough to go around the corner without lots of body roll, and soft enough absorb the bumps sufficiently.
Old 12-18-2004 | 02:03 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by AsianRage
From my own personal experience, lowering springs with stock shocks will give you a stiffer ride. Your Tein springs weren't meant to be paired up with your shocks. Complete coilover setup like what Apex'I and Tein offers were designed and matched together for a balanced feel, but definitely not a stock ride. It would last much longer than your current setup. I've heard numbers reaching 50K.

I got the SS because I knew I wanted long term usability. And I didn't want to lose the feel of the stock ride, even though I've lowered it considerably. I drive the car daily, 50-60 miles a day. It was important that I didn't experience the stiffness and overly firmness that comes with mismatched suspensions. Tein and Apex'i are really good at what they do, but I wanted the assurance that I could chose the ride feel that I want, so I paid for that assurance.

I've mentioned another possibilty in another thread of yours and I really recommend that you consider this:
Tokico makes the Illuminas for the Accord, which will fit the TL. It comes with 5 dampening level going from stiff to soft. It's available on Ebay Motors for less than 350 total. You can just buy it and replace your factory shocks/struts, and forget about the whole Coilover business. Of course, the whole mismatch thing comes into play again, but since Tokico, and it's adjustable, you can be sure that you won't have to worry very much about riding stiff or bouncing down on the Interstate.

wut about i get Tein basic???.......Can it last for like 3 to 5 yrs???.....cuz now i want my OEM stocks back to sell my car in the future??.....n i dropped with springs only n i think its not lower at all......i want is like can't put a finger between tires n the car's body la.........u get it........???
Old 12-18-2004 | 02:35 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

wut about i get Tein basic???.......Can it last for like 3 to 5 yrs???.....cuz now i want my OEM stocks back to sell my car in the future??.....n i dropped with springs only n i think its not lower at all......i want is like can't put a finger between tires n the car's body la.........u get it........???
I don't see why not. The Apex'I shouldn't be any different anyway.

BTW...Took me a bit longer to understand what you were saying there..
Old 12-18-2004 | 04:10 AM
Dragging knees in

Do you know how many times you asked these questions in different forms, in two different threads in the same forum?

I think we'll remember for the rest of our lives now that you want to keep your stock shocks for later use since you've stressed it so strongly several times.

It really sounds like you don't understand the concept of damping or don't care about it, and you just want to lower you car more than where it is now. Personally, I think you're just trying to make/convince us to tell you to get the Basic kit. So yeah... get the Basic kit.
Old 12-18-2004 | 11:35 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Do you know how many times you asked these questions in different forms, in two different threads in the same forum?

I think we'll remember for the rest of our lives now that you want to keep your stock shocks for later use since you've stressed it so strongly several times.

It really sounds like you don't understand the concept of damping or don't care about it, and you just want to lower you car more than where it is now. Personally, I think you're just trying to make/convince us to tell you to get the Basic kit. So yeah... get the Basic kit.
haha......u funny man.....so i should get Basic....haha....
but seriously its SS will last longer than the Basic?
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:45 AM
Dragging knees in

haha......u funny man.....so i should get Basic....haha....
but seriously its SS will last longer than the Basic?
I wasn't trying to be funny.

The difference between the SS and the Basic is not a matter of longevity.

Longevity depends on the road conditions, weather conditions, driving characteristics, etc. Honestly, it seems like the Basic kit will be just fine for you.
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:50 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I wasn't trying to be funny.

The difference between the SS and the Basic is not a matter of longevity.

Longevity depends on the road conditions, weather conditions, driving characteristics, etc. Honestly, it seems like the Basic kit will be just fine for you.
wut about your car?....you use SS also?
Old 12-19-2004 | 11:42 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

wut about your car?....you use SS also?
He stated previously, yes.
Old 12-19-2004 | 01:18 PM
08 WDP TL-S

He stated previously, yes.
So wut about you??....u said u use Tein SS,right??....did u just change your springs before only....??....or when u want to lower ur car,u just get Tein SS??
Old 12-19-2004 | 02:41 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

So wut about you??....u said u use Tein SS,right??....did u just change your springs before only....??....or when u want to lower ur car,u just get Tein SS??
I had springs only on my old car. Learned my lesson.
If you like how it is now, just get the Tein Basic or Apex'I . Whatever is cheapest.
Old 12-20-2004 | 01:02 AM
08 WDP TL-S

I had springs only on my old car. Learned my lesson.
If you like how it is now, just get the Tein Basic or Apex'I . Whatever is cheapest.
yeah.......that'z what i m thinking too.........hehe......

if i don't drive crazy and stupid.....coilover will last for a life,right??
Old 12-20-2004 | 01:26 AM
Comptech Freak

yeah.......that'z what i m thinking too.........hehe......

if i don't drive crazy and stupid.....coilover will last for a life,right??
wrong wrong, none of the suspension will last

that's why acura only offers 3 yr warrenty on the suspension, and they are not warrented even you got extended warrenty

a gd set of suspension will last well over 5 yrs depends on the road conditions

in cold weather they will last a little shorter coz the road salt and temperature change and pot holes...etc
Old 12-20-2004 | 01:45 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by samkws
wrong wrong, none of the suspension will last

that's why acura only offers 3 yr warrenty on the suspension, and they are not warrented even you got extended warrenty

a gd set of suspension will last well over 5 yrs depends on the road conditions

in cold weather they will last a little shorter coz the road salt and temperature change and pot holes...etc
so which mean coilover will still last for at least 5 yrs,right?
if i not drive crazy
Old 12-20-2004 | 02:37 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

so which mean coilover will still last for at least 5 yrs,right?
if i not drive crazy
It'll last 10 years if you don't drive crazy, and five years when you do the Dukes of Hazard thing and jump it like the General Lee.

YEEE HAW!!!
Old 12-20-2004 | 01:02 PM
08 WDP TL-S

It'll last 10 years if you don't drive crazy, and five years when you do the Dukes of Hazard thing and jump it like the General Lee.

YEEE HAW!!!
so i think i m going to get the Basic....cuz i know 100% that i won't change the setting.....