Taking my car in tomorrow b/c of transmission,need some answers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking my car in tomorrow b/c of transmission,need some answers

Last week my 01 TL has been showing signs of transmission problems and im taking it in tomorrow but i have some questions and if anyone can help me with some Q's i would appreciate it very much.

1.I know that i would have to take a test drive with the guy to show signs that it is showing problems but the problem just happens at random, how would i be able to show the guy the problem? Just drive around for awhile or what?

2.WHen they spot this problem, how long would it take to fix my transmission usually?

3.What loaner car would they give me?(just curious)

Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
if it is going bummer.
how to reproduce it ? if it isnt doing it all the time y do you think its going? what does it do that makes you think its going?
how long it takes is going to depend on the dealer, how busy they are and how long it takes them to get you a new tranny. i brought mine in on a monday around noon, and i was called wed at 2 saying it was done.
loaner depends on dealer. mine gives out only acura
Old 06-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
if it is going bummer.
how to reproduce it ? if it isnt doing it all the time y do you think its going? what does it do that makes you think its going?
how long it takes is going to depend on the dealer, how busy they are and how long it takes them to get you a new tranny. i brought mine in on a monday around noon, and i was called wed at 2 saying it was done.
loaner depends on dealer. mine gives out only acura
when i step on the gas it should normally change gears right?, but at random times it doesnt and i have to let go of the gas and step back on it again to get it going. Its like i shifted to neutral and then shifted it back in gear.