Suspension Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Mod Question

I just had Tein High Tech springs installed and changed my stock tires to Conti Extremes (stock sized) on stock TL-S rims. I went with Tein, because the drop was minimal (1.5" rear, 1" front) and I was told I wouldn't need a camber kit for the drop amount.

I'm quite happy with the results. The car handles turns/curves noticeably better with a lot less body roll, and the tires definitely grip better.

My questions are as follows: although the car handles better through curves, it almost seems like it drifts a bit on straights (100 miles of NJ Turnpike driving daily). I seem to think that someone mentioned overinflating the Contis to help with this. Any truth to that? Also, the car seems like it feels "lighter" in the front. Would an alignment be recommended after having the springs installed or is it not necessary?

Finally, I'm now considering doing more as far as the suspension is concerned, and it seems as though a lot have recommended sway bars (I looked at the earlier thread about stock TL-S suspension). What would be the recommeded bars for someone who has not dropped the car so much?

As always, thanks for the help. This site it great!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, you are supposed to get an alignment check after you put springs on...get that done ASAP.