Supercharger Or Turbocharger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Supercharger Or Turbocharger?

Should I get a supercharger or a turbocharger and what kind? I want the most hp gain also
Old 06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Drifting

get the comptech supercharger. no 1 makes a turbo for us unless u $hit money and can get a custom 1 built.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Go NOS. Much cheaper. I have had experience with all 3. Best bang for the buck. I posted a pic of a comptech supercharger install I did. Take a look in the gallery...oh yeah..wanna throw a set of plugs in the front bank for me..oh yeahhh..you cant...the blowers right in the way...it only takes about an hour to get it off lol. Now that I think of it the blower is the way of almost anything you need to do...the integra battery(yes I said integra) is buried under there somewhere. Whatta pain in the azz. So anyway...Supercharger, turbo, NOS. Its all the same to me. Just do it right and dont detonate..you will be fine...whether you are 5000 dollars poorer or 500 dollars poorer is your business. I installed a Zex dry system in a TLS and it worked great. Just put a bigger fuel pump in and and ADJ. fuel pressure regulator and your set. Oh yeah...and a tranny. :P
Old 06-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Advanced

i'm not trashing anyone here...but why don't you get a car that was meant to be supercharged? no matter what anyone says, a supercharged TL isn't really going to match up to cars like my 98 s/c Cobra (492 rwhp/502 tq). Don't get me wrong, I love my TL...but make it the nice ride, if you want speed and HP, get something that was meant for speed and HP
Old 06-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Illusion Lighting

LNDSHRK makes an excellent point. However, they are some people that like a "luxury" car with a little power under the hood. I mean, look at the c32 or the m5s. Were those meant for speed and hp ONLY or both speed and luxury?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea what see_fu and LNDSHRK said is right but i mean if you have the money then do what ever makes you happy
Old 06-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by see_fu
LNDSHRK makes an excellent point. However, they are some people that like a "luxury" car with a little power under the hood. I mean, look at the c32 or the m5s. Were those meant for speed and hp ONLY or both speed and luxury?
point well taken...don't get me wrong, i love to mod cars, but the c32 AMG and M5, well...the MB is what, around 55K, and the M5 is around 75K...that's a whole different ballgame. For a TL (just say $30K), add a blower or a turbo, you're probably looking at $5K, your're up to $35K now on a voided warranty...that's almost vette territory. at the very least an 03 s/c Cobra

Anyway, the truth of the matter is, do what you want, spend your money how you want, just have fun. just remember, there's always somebody out there w/ a bigger and faster ride...
Old 06-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Try driving that SC Cobra or Vette around in the winter in Chicago, eh.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

And oh yea, the NOS,....when the bottle is empty, the fun is done!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by ModAddict
Try driving that SC Cobra or Vette around in the winter in Chicago, eh.
that's what the TL and the Yukon are for... sh1t, i hear you, the cobra isn't even fun here in the spring/summer...the roads are so bad
Old 06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

I traded my 4-seater vette for the TL-S. I had a 2002 Camaro SS with every bolt-on and custom programed. I was left with the decision, boost or bottle, and decided the modified TL-S would be a better fit for me right now. I would not have bought the TL-S if the blower kit was not available for it. Two- three years is about all I get out of a car, so I try to set it up, all at once, right off the lot. I do the work myself and let me tell you, it's nice working on clean, new, cars. I'd be done with the TL except I decided on the Stone headers thinking I'd have them by now. Oh well, they'll be here soon.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ModAddict
I traded my 4-seater vette for the TL-S. I had a 2002 Camaro SS with every bolt-on and custom programed. I was left with the decision, boost or bottle, and decided the modified TL-S would be a better fit for me right now. I would not have bought the TL-S if the blower kit was not available for it. Two- three years is about all I get out of a car, so I try to set it up, all at once, right off the lot. I do the work myself and let me tell you, it's nice working on clean, new, cars. I'd be done with the TL except I decided on the Stone headers thinking I'd have them by now. Oh well, they'll be here soon.
I'm waiting for my Stone Headers too...so you got rid of your Camaro for a TL-S? Interesting considering you've spent so much $ on the Camaro. If it was me, I'd be hard pressed to walk away after putting so much sweat into it. But the refinement of the TL speaks for itself.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by patrick
I'm waiting for my Stone Headers too...so you got rid of your Camaro for a TL-S? Interesting considering you've spent so much $ on the Camaro. If it was me, I'd be hard pressed to walk away after putting so much sweat into it. But the refinement of the TL speaks for itself.
ONLY because the blower was available for the TL! And oh yea, the West Mighigan winters are a *****. I sold most of the mods, and got enough on the trade, (did I just say that?), and had my fun, (and tickets). I've never been one to pay sticker or above so the Evo 8, and STi were out. I'm very happy with the way the TL is turning out.