supercharger for the TL and it isnt comptech!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 08:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Hyde
I have heard of this thing before, adn everything I heard said it was junk. They even claim that when not spinning the fan will give gains due to better atomization of fuel, Sound familiar? Thats the same bogus claim made by Tornado.

I saw another post online from someone who showed why this mod doest work, but I cant remember where it was.

This mod supposedly only works at WOT, not at all times. A CAI or any intake providing more airflow at all times is something an ECU can learn and compensate for. For the few seconds only at WOT that this mod is on, the ECU wouldn't be able to learn and compensate for the added air provided even if it were true. And without an ECU adding more fuel to the mix, there will be no power because all that air is useless without more gas.

As far as their dynos go, if you go to the Tornadoes website, they have dynos too. They also had chars and diagrams documenting power and mpg gains of up to 24%!!!!!!!!!!!! Dynos and results that no reputable source has ever been able to replicate. Super Street and car and Drier dynod that thing and ran it on closed loop test tracks before and after install with the cruise control on. Ther resulst were 0 hp gains and 0 mpg gains although they did have a weight reduction of the $60 or so they had in their pockets.

Its always Buyer Beware with new types of mods like this. In this case, Im not buyin it.
thanks for the heads up...just one question tho....the ecu doesnt necessarly have to learn to add more fuel,right? wouldnt the sensor instantly pick up the added amount of air and instantly add more fuel, cus if thats the case what if your car suddenly went up to 5000 ft elevation...would the computer pick it up in time? either way....this thing may work or may not...more imput and opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro

I have an Idea,

Asiankidd, since this place is in Santa Ana, why dont you go down there, tell them that you have a potential LARGE group buy but you need some real evidence to convince us that this thing is up to par. Then, ask the people down there if they can slap one on your car and dyno it and get some real results. If they are agreable to this, problem solved. It cant hurt to ask. They might even be willing to do it.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Banned

nameeri:
I totally agree...that'd solve it once and for all.

Austin519
Old 03-07-2002, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by nameeri
I have an Idea,

Asiankidd, since this place is in Santa Ana, why dont you go down there, tell them that you have a potential LARGE group buy but you need some real evidence to convince us that this thing is up to par. Then, ask the people down there if they can slap one on your car and dyno it and get some real results. If they are agreable to this, problem solved. It cant hurt to ask. They might even be willing to do it.

mostdefinatly!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Intermediate

yes I would like to go down too. not too far from my house.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:06 AM
Racer

Well then, GO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!